Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Although, ask yourself, what are the issues with those statues that are pulled down. Is it just because people took the law into their own hands? I'm not convinced.

If folk have an issue with statues of slave owners being removed (and let's not forget that Colston in Bristol was going to be removed anyway) then I'd suggest they have a rather weak grasp on the history of our country.

But was ever thus.

I didn't know that, could you put up a link with more info on how the Colston statue was going to be removed legally anyway. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I didn't know that, could you put up a link with more info on how the Colston statue was going to be removed legally anyway. Thanks.

You can look for yourself, the fact that it had been long debated and the city was going through changes to address some of the more problematic parts of its history, whilst not ignoring them. 

Colston Hall is now St George's Hall in the centre and this was on the process of removing it to a museum to discuss and give it context rather than just having it up as reverence.

The idea that history is modern sense is 'fixed' and there is only one reading of it is a nonsense, and as I say is propagated by folks in this strange culture war that we seem to be in.

59 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You can look for yourself, the fact that it had been long debated and the city was going through changes to address some of the more problematic parts of its history, whilst not ignoring them. 

Colston Hall is now St George's Hall in the centre and this was on the process of removing it to a museum to discuss and give it context rather than just having it up as reverence.

The idea that history is modern sense is 'fixed' and there is only one reading of it is a nonsense, and as I say is propagated by folks in this strange culture war that we seem to be in.

I've had a look for myself now but so far, i haven't found anything that confirms your statement that the Colston statue was going to be removed anyway.

15 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I've had a look for myself now but so far, i haven't found anything that confirms your statement that the Colston statue was going to be removed anyway.

Whether it was or not it was moved by mob rule. Creepy Crawley thinks there's nothing wrong in that because he agrees with the mob. They were burning police cars and attacking police stations at the same time as well no doubt Crawley will support this type of community involvement as well. Especially as it was all linked with BLM at the time. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bluddy forriners 

• Members
23 hours ago, Traf said:

Of course you can ask me anything you want, mate.

I'm left of centre politically, but the Far Left piss me off too. Politics is pretty much an almost closed horseshoe where far left almost meets far right in waht would be a state of total anarchy. 

Football attracts the Far Right, always has done and probably always will as as this is a football forum and the thread is about England games, that's why we're mainly focusing on the Right over the Left.

When the Far left were pulling statues down and blocking roads, we condemned them on here too.

So, there's my balance.

Have a like mate. A very reasoned response.

• Members
21 hours ago, DazBob said:

Some absolutely first class whataboutery going on here.  Textbook. 

It's almost admirable.  Almost.

What fol-de-rol. At least you didn't represent yourself as the poster boy for the British Pork Marketing Board again.

21 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Whether it was or not it was moved by mob rule. Creepy Crawley thinks there's nothing wrong in that because he agrees with the mob. They were burning police cars and attacking police stations at the same time as well no doubt Crawley will support this type of community involvement as well. Especially as it was all linked with BLM at the time. 

I didn't say it was the right thing to do, that's your asssumption as per the rest of your post.

I've done a bit of work and worked in oprganisations that deal with how organisations/public bodies look at problematic hisorical representation from a funding point of view and also how it is promoted and explained. Funnily enough its a huge topic and people are paid to look at how we don't ignore issues with the past, but how we treat them to give a true telling of the facts.

Your bias against me is clouding any point you are trying to make. And its Mr. Creepy if you don't mind.

54 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I didn't say it was the right thing to do, that's your asssumption as per the rest of your post.

I've done a bit of work and worked in oprganisations that deal with how organisations/public bodies look at problematic hisorical representation from a funding point of view and also how it is promoted and explained. Funnily enough its a huge topic and people are paid to look at how we don't ignore issues with the past, but how we treat them to give a true telling of the facts.

Your bias against me is clouding any point you are trying to make. And its Mr. Creepy if you don't mind.

Wow. Every time I think you couldnt possibly be more pompous and patronising you amaze me. What an interesting job Mr Creepy.

You are right that I am completely biased now with any post you make. Time to use ignore facility best for both of us. But you enjoy your true telling of the facts with your like minded Islington BBC chums.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Wow. Every time I think you couldnt possibly be more pompous and patronising you amaze me. What an interesting job Mr Creepy.

You are right that I am completely biased now with any post you make. Time to use ignore facility best for both of us. But you enjoy your true telling of the facts with your like minded Islington BBC chums.

baby-cute.gif

1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

I think that might be best for you, keep to your lane and all that.

On 09/06/2022 at 08:53, bolty58 said:

Can I ask an honest question? Why do none of you seem to get worked up about the far left? Y'know, cunts who go around either destroying or defacing statues which represent our collective history and stuff like that?

Demonise the far right as much as you want. Just give it some balance though eh? Based on what we know about the history of communism, I would be far more concerned about the activities of the extreme left than the right wing nutters, most of which don't come across as bright enough to organise lunch. Yeah, alright they do a bit of shouting at the football and display the swastika sometimes in a Charles Manson/Punk rock style attempt to shock. A threat to democracy for sure and certain :roll:

The left however, sinister as always, have infiltrated media outlets and are affecting all of our daily lives. Political correctness, virtue signalling (I can feel the winces) and all of this type of tiresome shite is evidence of their influence.

All those actions by the far-left were widely condemned by pretty much everyone on here. Think it was only me that made the point I wasn't too fussed to see Colston go 😉

As Gonzo was saying the far right is becoming a big threat in places like Hungary. Far more of an issue than just a few nutters. That's why folk on here are making judgements about those fans. La Pen has been making huge strides in France. 

Even here, where it seems like much more of a minority, we've had police chiefs repeatedly say that they are shutting down more and more far-right terror threats. Claiming that the far-right is now the biggest threat behind Islamic Extremism. Whilst the far-left nutjobs make folk angry, it would be bonkers to put some dreadlocked road gluer or statue defacer in the same category as terrorists. 

I'd be interested to know what you now can't do or say in your life that you used to be able to? Before the left infiltrated our daily lives. Not having a go either - genuinely curious what's changed for you and why you think things are much worse? 

Problem is that every time some one makes a point about anything political or finds something upsetting that they are immediately labelled as woke or a virtue signaller. Course these things are really, but it's quite clear that the England team aren't doing this. 

On 09/06/2022 at 12:14, radcliffe white said:

Another thread gone 

We'd be watching the first game of the World Cup today if it hadn't been moved to a corrupt country in the desert for money. 

Politics has been ruining sport long before the England team started taking the knee. 

You're right though - another thread gone. Sorry pal.