Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

No point getting worked up over the last few games, it’s not reflective of how we will play at a major tournament at all. None of the teams are playing full tilt clearly as they are trying out new systems and players.

I get we aren’t playing to the full potential of some of our talent but Southgate is here for the next WC at least, so might as well just accept it.

We are gonna play possession against the shit teams and struggle to break them down at times and we will counter attack the good teams and hope we can be solid and take our chances.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, gonzo said:

If you watched the last 15 then you'd have watched us pass the ball in their half solidly while they camped out blocking any runners. They had a flurry of chances late in the 2nd half and that was it. We had all the ball, in their half for 75% of the match.

Who has naps at 8:30pm anyway? What are you 90?

Go to bed if your that tired.

5 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Telling me how to manage my life now. How very authoritarian.

Kinell Gonzo lad, I've heard you called some things but that's a first! Vile druggy authoritarian thug 😁

9 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Mount is a good player having a thin patch for his country.... My point is having played 64 games for Chelsea & Southgate knowing his capabilities why not try an unknown in there? Bowen has looked very good in his cameos so far & Gallagher needs a chance. 

I take your point about fatigue but I think I prefer our best players playing against the biggest international teams.

There aren't many opportunities to play them outside the latter stages of international tournaments and I think the more experience we have of playing against them the better.

Rest Mount on Tuesday night.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I take your point about fatigue but I think I prefer our best players playing against the biggest international teams.

There aren't many opportunities to play them outside the latter stages of international tournaments and I think the more experience we have of playing against them the better.

Rest Mount on Tuesday night.

Mount plays in the Champions league so he's hardly short of experience against top players. 

8 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Mount plays in the Champions league so he's hardly short of experience against top players. 

I think there's a difference when comes to experience against top players with an England team.

They don't play with each other very often so it's better they do against the teams we'd likely have to beat in a semi-final or final to gain a bit of familiarity of the level.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think there's a difference when comes to experience against top players with an England team.

They don't play with each other very often so it's better they do against the teams we'd likely have to beat in a semi-final or final to gain a bit of familiarity of the level.

I'd say the level is higher against the top teams in the Champions league personally. 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'd say the level is higher against the top teams in the Champions league personally. 

So would I. But Mount doesn't play in the Champions League with this England team.

I think it's a good thing that this group of England players take the opportunity to play against those countries that typically dominate international football when they can.

It's good to test ourselves as a team against countries that ask tougher questions of us than the likes of Hungary, Sweden, Andorra, etc.

18 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Utter garbage, too slow, no midfield and Bowen and Saka might as well not be on the pitch. 70% possession and the nearest we’ve been was from their defender. Awful stuff but good finish from them though.

This is a lot better than the Hungary away performance, keep knocking on the door we can win this. 

Don’t know where Mounts, it’s awful stuff. Every player when he receives the ball looks to play the ball backwards all the time. There’s just no pace or tempo and no momentum. These aren’t a good side but we’re  making them look like champions. We’ve made substitutions but like for like and it’s not changing anything.

6 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Don’t know where Mounts, it’s awful stuff. Every player when he receives the ball looks to play the ball backwards all the time. There’s just no pace or tempo and no momentum. These aren’t a good side but we’re  making them look like champions. We’ve made substitutions but like for like and it’s not changing anything.

That’s fucked it.