Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure about that. 

Shaw/Chilwell on the left, Foden, Grealish etc could all he pushing. Rice didn't start neither. If Rashford has a new lease of life under Haag, then he'll be back in the reckoning too.

Important that fans, press etc don't turn on them now though- stick with it as it's too late to change.

Wait until after the WC.

Walker, stones, James, Phillips, Bellingham, Kane & Saka will be there or thereabouts. Not saying they will all start like but they’re in the main group

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not sure about that. 

Shaw/Chilwell on the left, Foden, Grealish etc could all he pushing. Rice didn't start neither. If Rashford has a new lease of life under Haag, then he'll be back in the reckoning too.

Important that fans, press etc don't turn on them now though- stick with it as it's too late to change.

Wait until after the WC.

Rashford ?? Ha ha and we all know Foden Grealish won't start first game!

Safety first Southgate 

16 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Theres only one man for the job !

Allardyce! 

I'm not overly arsed by the loss and trust Southgate to get it right but the manner of the loss tonight is pretty worrying. 

Less so but also worrying is we've scored zero goals from free play in forever. 

Just Sayin GIF by MOODMAN

Respect what he’s done, and the Nations League has zero bearing on my opinion. End of a season, no one cares, trying new players etc.

But I’d love to get a more competent manager in ahead of the World Cup. 

This team still has the potential to win things, and I’m still seething that we spent the last 60 minutes of a major final holding out for penalties. At home. Against an 80 year old centre half pairing that had played 120 minutes several times and gone (and won) penalties already. 

When we concede he hasn’t a clue. In ten years time we’ll look back with a shit squad and regret not having someone stronger in charge now. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think we’re all that in some areas. But we’re a much better team than the rigid Lampard/Gerrard/Rooney side that couldn’t play together. 

14 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Shitshow of a display. 

People are on crack calling for his head, it's a tinpot tourney.

If it was the Euros or Wc aye 

Yep.

People still treat this malarkey like friendlies.

We were shit mind, but it is amusing to see it was because he takes the knee 😃

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why else would he get a contract extension? Non controversial manager says the right things, sucks up to the players. Can’t manage but hey ho never mind. 

Because he got us into our first final since 66, less than a year ago? If you think whoever eventually replaces him is going to sit in his first press conference and say "Fuck the puffs and the blacks, all I'm interested in is football", then you're in for some major disappointment.

If we'd won 10-0 nobody would be excited. "It's just a friendly'.

Yes, it was shit. But ultimately its the last game of a season that's gone on forever.

Judge Southgate on his record in meaningful matches.

If we were to face Hungary in a competitive match we would win comfortably. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Max Cherry said:

Gonna turn the bed wetters argument around.  I think they only like Southgate for what he does off the pitch.

Exactly. He should be concentrating on football, not telling folk what to think.

"Those who don't support the taking of the knee are on the losing side"  :roll:

Who is on the losing side now Southgate?