Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

Don’t know why people dismiss these games as unimportant because if we’re relegated it will impact on our Euros chances of seeding next year. This is a competition and the players should be attempting to win it as they would any other when they pull on that England shirt.

Took the lads for the their first England game last night, absolutely loved it. Was ace round the ground, wish they'd travel about more. Always like Wolves as a ground to go to.

Less said about the football the better, only highlight for me was Connor Gallaghers being busy and Bowen and Reece James did ok going forward. Folk can say what they want but Maguire is the first name on the teamsheet for Qatar.

The atmosphere proper swtiched at the end, was very Megson-esque. Some absolute dicks taking it way to far giving the players abuse, Sterling in particular. 

Much like the Megson time here, GS will only ever get away with his style and demeanour as long as we are winning, as simple as that seems. The first sign of any choppy waters and the tide will turn on him big style. In fact its turning already.

Took us to go 2 nil down to show any kind of initiative.

No idea what the gammons problem is with him mind. Folk go on as if hes some kind or Corbynite tree hugger. He just says a few soundbites that he has to say, much like any man or woman in a position of power. What the fuck do people want him to do just ignore questions put to him??

Call him for his management by all means but commenting on social issues? Fuck me lads get a grip. If that shit bothers you, you musnt have many worries in life.

Baffles me this. Southgate has found a way of approaching tournament football that is successful. Has he made mistakes, yes? Is he given us some of the best England moments of the last 10 years, yes.

You don't get second chances in a WC or Euro, so you have to make sure you do what you need to to progress, its called being pragmatic with the resources you have at hand. Germany are absolute past masters at it, and the country celebrates them for it.

The idea that we have a team of world beating attacking talent is a myth, our midfield isn't one of the very best and so you have to provide some extra cover. Could he be less cautious at times? Certainly, but I'd rather have this game plan at the moment. We are doing well at the moment, there is more to this than just football, that's obvious.

I think the real concern is that this team has been together for a good while now - since Russia - and I actually think as a squad the Euros were our highpoint - I'm not sure this is our WC, and I'm pretty sure if its quarters or less Southgate will walk.

Some people will be very happy, personally I think he's done a very impressive job after years of dreck leadership and management.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Baffles me this. Southgate has found a way of approaching tournament football that is successful. Has he made mistakes, yes? Is he given us some of the best England moments of the last 10 years, yes.

You don't get second chances in a WC or Euro, so you have to make sure you do what you need to to progress, its called being pragmatic with the resources you have at hand. Germany are absolute past masters at it, and the country celebrates them for it.

The idea that we have a team of world beating attacking talent is a myth, our midfield isn't one of the very best and so you have to provide some extra cover. Could he be less cautious at times? Certainly, but I'd rather have this game plan at the moment. We are doing well at the moment, there is more to this than just football, that's obvious.

I think the real concern is that this team has been together for a good while now - since Russia - and I actually think as a squad the Euros were our highpoint - I'm not sure this is our WC, and I'm pretty sure if its quarters or less Southgate will walk.

Some people will be very happy, personally I think he's done a very impressive job after years of dreck leadership and management.

BOOOOOO Get Harry Redknapp in

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Took the lads for the their first England game last night, absolutely loved it. Was ace round the ground, wish they'd travel about more. Always like Wolves as a ground to go to.

Less said about the football the better, only highlight for me was Connor Gallaghers being busy and Bowen and Reece James did ok going forward. Folk can say what they want but Maguire is the first name on the teamsheet for Qatar.

The atmosphere proper swtiched at the end, was very Megson-esque. Some absolute dicks taking it way to far giving the players abuse, Sterling in particular. 

Much like the Megson time here, GS will only ever get away with his style and demeanour as long as we are winning, as simple as that seems. The first sign of any choppy waters and the tide will turn on him big style. In fact its turning already.

Took us to go 2 nil down to show any kind of initiative.

No idea what the gammons problem is with him mind. Folk go on as if hes some kind or Corbynite tree hugger. He just says a few soundbites that he has to say, much like any man or woman in a position of power. What the fuck do people want him to do just ignore questions put to him??

Call him for his management by all means but commenting on social issues? Fuck me lads get a grip. If that shit bothers you, you musnt have many worries in life.

Seen the flag on G Facebook looked good 

15 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Why else would he get a contract extension? Non controversial manager says the right things, sucks up to the players. Can’t manage but hey ho never mind. 

After reaching a World Cup semi final and the final of the Euros you absolute fanny 😆

https://www.adducation.info/general-knowledge-football/england-football-managers/

Take a little gander through the managers before Southgate and it'll tell you why he got the extension.

Any manager in their right mind would stick up for their players after receiving racist abuse online. Evatt has done it before as well. I'm not saying I've much confidence in Southgate right now - but claiming  we're sticking with him because of his 'political views', rather than performances at the last two tournaments, is some next level nonsense. You never cease to amaze us Mounts 😍

• Members
6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Ah, it all makes sense now. When he’s out watching however many hundred games, he isn’t actually making notes about the players, he’s writing woke FA statements and composing LGBT poetry. It’s a wonder they still have a press office at Wembley. 

Oh do fuck off. You know full well that I'm right.

He needs to concentrate on what he is amply paid to do. Sadly, as they say these days, he just doesn't have the minerals as has become clear in recent games and glaringly obvious in a major international final.

If you're so fucking obsessed with all of these minority issues rather than what is important to the overwhelming majority then become another London Wanderer, research transport hubs/methods and invest in some super glue FFS.

• Members
5 hours ago, gonzo said:

No idea what the gammons problem is with him mind. Folk go on as if hes some kind or Corbynite tree hugger. He just says a few soundbites that he has to say, much like any man or woman in a position of power. What the fuck do people want him to do just ignore questions put to him?? Yes, just say 'that I am here to discuss football related matters only. Social issues can be dealt with by others'. Then get on with the fucking job he is paid to do and, from recent events, he seems ill equipped for.

Call him for his management by all means but commenting on social issues? Fuck me lads get a grip. If that shit bothers you, you musnt have many worries in life. This is correct. I don't have many. Doesn't mean to say that I have to do anything other than disapprove of the politics of the US left being played out in the running of the national team of the sport which I love. Southgate out.

Can you please leave the Pork Marketing Board references to the one trick pony. Cheers.

• Members
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

or just get somebody in who doesn't care if the players are racially abused to keep the gammons happy.

Drum roll............... here he is! It was only a matter of time. FFS, you remind me of that boring cunt on Early Doors who endlessly talks about traffic diversions.

• Members
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

You never cease to amaze us Mounts 😍

Correct. With a constant flow of common sense.

Haven't you got serious adhesion problems to be concentrating on? The Cyanoacrylate Kid.

I actually see the logic in the Just let Southgate get on with football shout. Mainly because he probably wants too and finds the other stuff tedious like football managers do.

But, he will continue to do so while people still go on about the knee etc on both sides.

I barely notice it happens anymore and I rarely watch press conferences now as they are all trained to such a level that it’s all standard responses. 

Bed wetters and Angry types……….. over to you.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He needs to concentrate on what he is amply paid to do. Sadly, as they say these days, he just doesn't have the minerals as has become clear in recent games and glaringly obvious in a major international final.

If you're so fucking obsessed with all of these minority issues rather than what is important to the overwhelming majority then become another London Wanderer, research transport hubs/methods and invest in some super glue FFS.

What's funny is, you're fantasising that if/when the FA sack Southgate, he'll be replaced by some sort of non-PC shit-kicking relic. Happy to inform you - that aint happening in your life time, Cobber. 

17 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Drum roll............... here he is! It was only a matter of time. FFS, you remind me of that boring cunt on Early Doors who endlessly talks about traffic diversions.

Haha :D Wonderful.

And whilst it continues to make you go a darker shade of pink I'll continue.

May I also point out that I am only one of a many on here who uses the term, yet it's only my use of it that irks you. It's strange, but long may that continue.

32 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Getting your wet wipe knickers in a right twist babes. 4 rant posts in a row there👌 new personal best? 6 year old kid said to me "You know I'm right" the other day at work. Not seen that kind of desperation in an adult for a long time though 😆

Funnily enough, the England manager is paid to support his players when they're abused. 

Our shit performances are about football & have fuck all to do with politics. Call out his tactics & decisions as much you like, claiming we lost because he supports taking the knee or LGBT folk is nonsense.

Edited by London Wanderer

Fwiw Southgate has always spoken very well on all matters. Impressive guy to be honest and whether you like it or not football is used these days as a vehicle for good politics wise

im sure he’d prefer to not to be talking about these topics himself but it comes with the territory. Particularly as the manager of our national side. 

ultimately he will be judged on his football results and performances and not how he has dealt with racism and/or equality matters 

• Members
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Haha :D Wonderful.

And whilst it continues to make you go a darker shade of pink I'll continue.

May I also point out that I am only one of a many on here who uses the term, yet it's only my use of it that irks you. It's strange, but long may that continue.

'Irks'? No matey. 'Bores'. It's becoming like the excruciating over use of the 'r' word and the taking the knee overkill. It will very likely have the opposite effect to that intended.

Maybe the offerings of others who use it offer far more diversity. FFS, did I have to choose that word :roll:

• Members
2 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Getting your wet wipe knickers in a right twist babes. Babes? Wet wipes? FFS, at least call me Basher and refer to my brillo pad grundies ;)  4 rant posts in a row there👌 new personal best? Rants!? This is just a warm up pal. You will know when I am truly ranting. Some fucker has to add some colour to this place. You and your Mr. Beige Starmer won't cut it. 6 year old kid said to me "You know I'm right" the other day at work. Not seen that kind of desperation in an adult for a long time though 😆 :rofl: Don't waste your time Earth Father. That approach won't work with me. I was using the 'sonny' put down whilst you were still growing pubic hairs and working out how to encourage dreadlocks.

Funnily enough, the England manager is paid to support his players when they're abused. Utter bollocks.

Our shit performances are about football & have fuck all to do with politics. Call out his tactics & decisions as much you like, claiming we lost because he supports taking the knee or LGBT folk is nonsense. My opinion differs to yours. He should be spending more time improving his tactical nous and leave grandstanding with peripheral virtue signalling alone. He is clearly better at the latter than the former.