Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

17 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😁

The subs were excellent. 

Maguire doing a Santos, and Pope was poor at the penalty too, resembled a falling tree.

On a plus, they stuck at it, and scored a magnificent second.

Aye that'll teach me! Watched it till we went 2 down and then switched over . Saw an alert on my phone we'd gone 3-2 up WTF I'll have some of this turned it on just to see Jerries score. Lesson learned don't watch and we will piss world cup

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Max Cherry said:

Aye that'll teach me! Watched it till we went 2 down and then switched over . Saw an alert on my phone we'd gone 3-2 up WTF I'll have some of this turned it on just to see Jerries score. Lesson learned don't watch and we will piss world cup

Went through a phase when the lad was little- started taking him to games, and for a while he didn't see a goal. Like a bad omen- even had posters on here saying don't take him!

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Went through a phase when the lad was little- started taking him to games, and for a while he didn't see a goal. Like a bad omen- even had posters on here saying don't take him!

... and he's not been since we were 19th in league 2 

14 hours ago, gonzo said:

Trafford starts for u21.

Bbc red button 

Watched this from about 70 mins. Really impressed with some of our lads, passing movement top notch.  our young lads now coming through are definitely as good as the Germany, Italy,  Spains etc. Proved it by winning competitions too. 

Great to see Traff play, from bit i saw good distribution and coming confidently for Crosses. Top lad 

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Watched this from about 70 mins. Really impressed with some of our lads, passing movement top notch.  our young lads now coming through are definitely as good as the Germany, Italy,  Spains etc. Proved it by winning competitions too. 

Great to see Traff play, from bit i saw good distribution and coming confidently for Crosses. Top lad 

First half was completely different.

Germany were the best team by a mile but Traff didn’t have a lot to do.

He did have a casual moment as usual, by fannying about with the ball but redeemed himself with a good save.

4 hours ago, Steejay said:

First half was completely different.

Germany were the best team by a mile but Traff didn’t have a lot to do.

He did have a casual moment as usual, by fannying about with the ball but redeemed himself with a good save.

We did play only 3 of the side who beat Italy last week so perhaps took them a bit to get going? 

Group A: Spain, Scotland, Norway, Georgia, Cyrprus

Group B: Netherlands, France, Republic of Ireland, Greece, Gibraltar

Group 😄 Italy, England, Ukraine, North Macedonia, Malta

Group 😧 Croatia, Wales, Armenia, Turkey, Latvia

Group E: Poland, Czech Republic, Albania, Faroe Islands, Moldova

Group F: Belgium, Austria, Sweden, Azerbaijan, Estonia,

Group G: Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Lithuania

Group H: Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, Northern Ireland, San Marino

Group I: Switzerland, Israel, Romania, Kosovo, Belarus, Andorra

Group J: Portugal, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Luxembourg, Slovakia, Liechtenstein

Full groups, some absolutely dire groups there.

Good groups for Wales and NI, Scotland and Ireland got a tough ask though. 

There are easier(and harder) groups but 2 qualify and some third teams get a playoff

England v Italy as happened 3 times recently, so that's kinda boring, N.Macedonia prevented Italy from reaching this upcoming World Cup and the Ukraine games will be at a neutral city you'd think. 

Scotland have a tough group, v Spain and Norway (Haaland, Odegaard) and maybe Georgia with Kvaratskhelia (who beat N.Macedonia twice in Nations League recently)

Not bad draws for Wales and N.Ireland, but good luck Rep.Ireland in Group B with France and Holland

10 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The Scots were wetting themselves up here with excitement over the Nation's Friendly League the other week. "England relegated, Scotland promoted blah blah". The media were portraying it as a one way ticket to the Euros. 

Look at the state of their group now😆

Guaranteed play off spot though?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Guaranteed play off spot though?

Fair play to them then - guess that takes some of the pressure off when playing in their group which might help. 

Having lived here for so long I can't help but want them to do well and see them in a big tournament. To be honest I've always wanted as many UK teams to make to the tournaments. I just can't stand how much they love to rub it in when England lose. 

35 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Fair play to them then - guess that takes some of the pressure off when playing in their group which might help. 

Having lived here for so long I can't help but want them to do well and see them in a big tournament. To be honest I've always wanted as many UK teams to make to the tournaments. I just can't stand how much they love to rub it in when England lose. 

SMS innit