Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 1st Round

Marc505

I'd have thought nearer 6k if they are given the tickets (which, unfortunately, they won't be, although Leeds were allowed to bring about 7k a few years ago).  Normally for 1st round cup games there has been a cash turnstyle near the club shop to encourage a few extra to walk up on the day.  Cant see that happening coz of possibility of away fans in home end.  Anyway good to have a tie with a bit of interest for a change, and hopefully one we can win.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Leeds and Liverpool both had it in cup games didn’t they? Leeds had half of WSL as well which still sounds unthinkable!

Dunno about Leeds but checked the Liverpool highlights and they had it all 

Not sure why teams don't get it all in the league if required 

For ages it's ended a couple of blocks down

Eg Villa 

U43WRxo.jpg

44 minutes ago, Zico said:

Dunno about Leeds but checked the Liverpool highlights and they had it all 

Not sure why teams don't get it all in the league if required 

For ages it's ended a couple of blocks down

Eg Villa 

U43WRxo.jpg

3 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

if police bill isn't an issue , they will just move crazy corner down one block , like wsl

will kick off however many they bring

Police bill can be deducted from the overall shared gate receipts for cup games so it’s effectively only half of the cost to BWFC compared to league games

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Police bill can be deducted from the overall shared gate receipts for cup games so it’s effectively only half of the cost to BWFC compared to league games

Noticed on the Liverpool highlights they had a line of coppers down the segregation 

If that's all it takes, how much are the fuckers on per hour to ramp the bill right up

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

Noticed on the Liverpool highlights they had a line of coppers down the segregation 

If that's all it takes, how much are the fuckers on per hour to ramp the bill right up

It’s not necessarily too many extra officers on the ground but additional levels of seniority in the control room etc. Various trigger points based on numbers and risk assessments. Dare say yesterday’s antics will count against future away allocations. First thing to look at is blocking off the first few rows of the upper tier given the vantage point it allowed Wigan’s yoof to lob missiles in to ESL, plus the advert board incidents. 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably will be £10 a ticket v Stockport compared to £25ish for Wigan so allowing an extra 1,000 fans only generates about 40% gate receipts to go towards policing bills.  Not much to gain financially by letting them bring more than 4k.  On the other hand, do they still have the rule that you have to give 25% to away teams for cup games?  7k if that's the case.

36 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Probably will be £10 a ticket v Stockport compared to £25ish for Wigan so allowing an extra 1,000 fans only generates about 40% gate receipts to go towards policing bills.  Not much to gain financially by letting them bring more than 4k.  On the other hand, do they still have the rule that you have to give 25% to away teams for cup games?  7k if that's the case.

16 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

25% rule is dependant on segregation so no way will they have to be given 7k

It’s 15% rather than 25% so 4,200ish. Not massively different to yesterday really. Would expect ESL to have a block or two closed nearer to the screen if Stockport wanted the full lot. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s 15% rather than 25% so 4,200ish. Not massively different to yesterday really. Would expect ESL to have a block or two closed nearer to the screen if Stockport wanted the full lot. 

They could close the “crazy corner” anyway after this weekend.

7 minutes ago, Andyscfc said:

We will bring at least 2-3000.  The idea that our attendance numbers depend on whether Man City are at home is completely out of date and very misguided.  

I'd expect you'd bring 4k even at normal league prices, so if its £10 or £15 maximum you'll be bringing a huge following.

I went to County a few times on Friday nights in my youth coz my mate at school was a fan.  Mickey Quinn era. 

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd expect you'd bring 4k even at normal league prices, so if its £10 or £15 maximum you'll be bringing a huge following.

I went to County a few times on Friday nights in my youth coz my mate at school was a fan.  Mickey Quinn era. 

Should be a good game.  We have nothing to lose expect our unbeaten record at the Reebok/macron/whatever it’s called now!

• Members
10 hours ago, tomski said:

Good draw. Shame the cup has died on its arse though. It’s my personal favourite but last few years have killed it for me.

Totally agree get it to weekend fixtures only

3pm for the final

semis at neutral grounds

I must have been living in an alternative universe for the last 20 years.

At what point did Stockport start having decent followings ?

Even in the Kevin Francis era, I don't remember them ever bringing loads.

I know they have slipped off my radar, but I assumed they wouls have average small L2/Conference followings.

Not a pop at them btw, genuinelly curious.

They probably brought 2,000 or so with them  in 1993 which is twice as many as "great rivals" Wigan brought that season when they weren't being bankrolled.

Their away support is at least as good now and they are noted for having some hoolies which they werent back then

Edited by Roger_Dubuis