Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FA Cup 1st Round

Marc505

6 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The probably brought 2,000 or so with them  in 1993 which is twice as many as "great rivals" Wigan brought that season when they weren't being bankrolled.

Their away support is at least as good now and they are noted for having some hoolies which they werent back then

Was Stockport’s following in 1965 considered relevant in 1993?

• Moderators

they had very decent followings when they won the national league north a few years back, think they took over 3k to the title winning game at nuneaton borough

I assume sheff weds would've also been a decent tie for them, probably as close to horwich on the train in terms of time to get there

and sunderland

maybe crewe

• Members
3 minutes ago, Zico said:

they had very decent followings when they won the national league north a few years back, think they took over 3k to the title winning game at nuneaton borough

I assume sheff weds would've also been a decent tie for them, probably as close to horwich on the train in terms of time to get there

and sunderland

maybe crewe

You got your half & half scarf ready?

7 minutes ago, green genie said:

Live game at Sheff Weds on Sunday at 1215. Nice for travelling fans.

That game would have been a hard sell without it being on TV, could be some sort of record low FA Cup crowd for Wednesday (that's no reflection on Plymouth btw).  The list of televised games is dire, culminating with the Monday night cracker, Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford.  Just glad we've not been picked.

28 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Sunday afternoon this now.

expect it’s because the Manchester derby the day before.

county are loving £10 a ticket !

And buses replacing some of my train journey from Macclesfield. It’s now a 2 hour trip with 3 changes. 
Looks like I’ll be giving it a miss unless I can convince SWMBO to drop me off and wait around for 4 hours.

23 hours ago, freds dad said:

And buses replacing some of my train journey from Macclesfield. It’s now a 2 hour trip with 3 changes. 
Looks like I’ll be giving it a miss unless I can convince SWMBO to drop me off and wait around for 4 hours.

She can go shopping