Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham

little whitt

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s not like you to be homophobic Cheese. Thought you was the ultimate woke on wanderersways. Good though 👍

Bent: Chiefly British Slang. morally crooked; corrupt😉

A month ago we were waiting for Bakayoko to be fit because Doyle on his own wasn't working.  I don't get the impression IE thinks he improves our team, if he can't get in ahead of Kachunga or Doyle currently.  Striker/scorer wise, we're really down to the bare bones.  January can't come quick enough in that respect.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A month ago we were waiting for Bakayoko to be fit because Doyle on his own wasn't working.  I don't get the impression IE thinks he improves our team, if he can't get in ahead of Kachunga or Doyle currently.  Striker/scorer wise, we're really down to the bare bones.  January can't come quick enough in that respect.

Baka and Brockbank were the main reasons we fell apart against Wigan; I know others plays shit but they were still the main weaknesses. I don’t think IE rates Baka or Kachunga and if Jones was fit now would be starting and it would be a very strong team. 

Our squad now appears very threadbare in turns of quality and we need to pick up enough points before the transfer window to keep us in at least mid table 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Baka is still finding fitness and form, he was out for a while. IE has admitted we need to find a way to play to his strengths, that’s work in progress. He’s  understandably experimenting at the moment. On his own up front, on the right beside Doyle, there’s not an instant answer. And there’s the added problem that he doesn’t provide cover on the right when there’s not an established right back playing.

It’s not that IE doesn’t think he improves the team, it’s that he’s still experimenting with how to get the best out of him. That’s a big difference. I wouldn’t write him off yet and start talking about replacing him in January. Like we debated a lot last season, sometimes it needs patience.