Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham

little whitt

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

Bar the last 5 mins that was fkin awful.  3 or 4 new players needed ASAP. 

Which positions?

Think before the transfer window closed many fans were in agreement that we were light up front and at fullback.

1. Definitely need a new right back to give Jones better competition and cover for injury

2. Kachunga isn't good enough for me, no idea how he was once a PL player. But Amaechi still to come back and Politic potentially.

3. Sarcevic's replacement at attacking midfield needs sorting although I wouldn't complain if we played Dapo there from now on. Maybe Ronan Darcy can fill that spot.

4. Feel like we need cover for MJ Williams too. Tutte is injury prone and not sure yet if Thomason can deputise.

Not sure whether our leaky defence needs fixed either. Aimson looked good today but not really tested by Gillingham. Santos and Johnston both seem capable individually but we keep shipping goals.

I'll trust Evatt to bring in the right personnel.

What pissed me off tactically in second half was that we had a right footed Kachunga on the left wing. And left-footed Bakayoko on the right wing.

Apart from one long range effort from Kachunga, neither of them used their inside forward role effectively and constantly were trying to put in crosses on their weak foot.

Dapo seems our only capable inside forward. 

• Site Supporter

Fine first ten minutes. 

Good again after Baka came on. 

Isgrove great going forward, difficult sometimes in the first half for him. Worked his bollocks off. 

Lee immense second half. For a senior player he puts the yards in- reminds me of Speed in many ways.

John looked fitter. 

Thought Dapo did pretty well in that central position.

Aimson was excellent, stronger than Johnston and good in the air.

Fitness levels again showed, they were buggered at the end.

Early on their manager was urging them to press, but we had them struggling. Then our customary gift.

Then we struggled to match the physicality of some of their lads, and number 15 was a rock. Brought trouble on ourselves by overpaying at times, and they were boosted by their goals and we were rocking. 

Kachunga is the new Farrelli, shits out and doesn't want to get his shirt dirty.

Personally, I'd have hooked him and left sheehan on.

All in all, they kept going, showed togetherness, and we might have won it at the death had Baka been on his toes to Doyle's knock down.

Finally, achievement of the day: MJ with the miss of the season.

The the positives and onto the next game.

Good first 5 minutes, then shocking 40 minutes

reasonable second half.

lee and is grove were brilliant.  Thought Sheehan looked the only bright spark first half.

could have won it with mj or that last gasp dapo effort, but they should have gone 3 up with that crap back pass.

we were suicidal at times without defending and passing at times - although did get better.

think the team and the fans really needed those late 2 goals and should help to regalvanise.

and Stockport lost - sarc was on the bench and came on - will probably hand in a transfer request on Monday !!

28 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like first half was a hangover from the Sarce situation and Evatt got a bit of a tune out of them 2nd Half, let’s hope this closes this particular chapter and we don’t have a long term hangover. 

Kieron Lee was asked after the game what Evatt said at half time... "I best not say as there's kids about" 🤣

Sounds like the dressing room want to move on from this week and they're disappointed we haven't come away with 3 pts as we expected to before the game. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fine first ten minutes. 

Good again after Baka came on. 

Isgrove great going forward, difficult sometimes in the first half for him. Worked his bollocks off. 

Lee immense second half. For a senior player he puts the yards in- reminds me of Speed in many ways.

John looked fitter. 

Thought Dapo did pretty well in that central position.

Aimson was excellent, stronger than Johnston and good in the air.

Fitness levels again showed, they were buggered at the end.

Early on their manager was urging them to press, but we had them struggling. Then our customary gift.

Then we struggled to match the physicality of some of their lads, and number 15 was a rock. Brought trouble on ourselves by overpaying at times, and they were boosted by their goals and we were rocking. 

Kachunga is the new Farrelli, shits out and doesn't want to get his shirt dirty.

Personally, I'd have hooked him and left sheehan on.

All in all, they kept going, showed togetherness, and we might have won it at the death had Baka been on his toes to Doyle's knock down.

Finally, achievement of the day: MJ with the miss of the season.

The the positives and onto the next game.

Very much this.

They had a couple of chances to make it 3, the double save from Dixon changed the game.

I thought Johnston made a couple of good blocks but 1st half for 35 mins was very poor.

Wouldnt really have jumped for joy at a draw pre match but very pleased with the last 30 mins.

Dapo was excellent playing through the middle. Food for thought

Keep the team that finished today to start next week and for me No10 is where Dapo should be, he affects the play so much better there than out wide and with Amaechi nearly ready, bin Kachunga, just doesn’t do it I’m afraid. What a comeback though, we’ll done Whites and IE for not buckling.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

People saying Isgrove was brilliant? I’m sure I watched him waste 10 crosses, was I watching the same person? 

Compared to Brockbank he was to be fair.

Did waste some crosses but worked extremely hard and was a useful outlet on the right wing