• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Draw incoming

Did you back it?

21 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Kieran Lee absolute star. 
Class above the rest.

Isgrove did his best at right back. 

Still not convinced we have much to attack these crosses in from wide.

I was wondering if he might stick Baka more central with Doyle, and remove Kachunga. Crosses aplenty coming in, especially from the right, causing problems.

Confidence is a major factor in all this, and we were low first half, and they were on top of our lads. 

An excellent response though.

I don't think it was right to play Isgrove at right back, especially with Kachunga in front, but once we got on the front foot, he was playing as a winger anyhow, and was very good.

Still think we could play some of the crosses in earlier, with the attackers bearing down on their goal- they defended pretty well to our slower build up.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

If I was Gillingham's manager, I'd have said let him (Isgrove) have the ball wide, he will do fuck all with it, and he didn't. 

He didn't get the quality on his crosses that we needed but he linked up really well with Baka and Lee I thought. He's not top end of League One level, have to accept that.

Wasn't our best performer today but not our worst by any stretch.

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fine first ten minutes. 

Good again after Baka came on. 

Isgrove great going forward, difficult sometimes in the first half for him. Worked his bollocks off. 

Lee immense second half. For a senior player he puts the yards in- reminds me of Speed in many ways.

John looked fitter. 

Thought Dapo did pretty well in that central position.

Aimson was excellent, stronger than Johnston and good in the air.

Fitness levels again showed, they were buggered at the end.

Early on their manager was urging them to press, but we had them struggling. Then our customary gift.

Then we struggled to match the physicality of some of their lads, and number 15 was a rock. Brought trouble on ourselves by overpaying at times, and they were boosted by their goals and we were rocking. 

Kachunga is the new Farrelli, shits out and doesn't want to get his shirt dirty.

Personally, I'd have hooked him and left sheehan on.

All in all, they kept going, showed togetherness, and we might have won it at the death had Baka been on his toes to Doyle's knock down.

Finally, achievement of the day: MJ with the miss of the season.

The the positives and onto the next game.

Great and very truthful assessment!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

If I was Gillingham's manager, I'd have said let him (Isgrove) have the ball wide, he will do fuck all with it, and he didn't. 

If your full back is putting in most of your crosses, then the opposition will typically be set defensively. Makes it difficult to pick anyone out.

Of course he could do better with some of them, but that's why I think Baka in the middle and crosses earlier might have helped.

Isgrove's willingness to push on spread their defence, and it opened up more. Dapo got his goal and was a threat in the middle because we had started to stretch them.

• Members
4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Isgrove gave it his all just his final ball was shocking but fair play on effort unlike that fucker kachunga 

I don’t get him. He’s not a winger not a striker, offers absolutely nothing. And I’m never one for singling out a player but fuck me he was abysmal today

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Isgrove gave it his all just his final ball was shocking but fair play on effort unlike that fucker kachunga 

Agreed. Cannot fault his effort, both defensively and offensively, but final ball sometimes woeful! Kachunga needs to be shifted out! Hes had enough chances to perform now, cannot see what Evatt was chasing him for?

Kachunga for Bakayoko was an obvious sub from 15mins in. Kachunga is proper shit.

My daughter has started coming with me (she's 10) and for 88 minutes she was moaning about how boring it was and if we could leave early, but then walking out at full time after that last 5-6 minutes she turned and asked 'when is the next game'. Another one hooked for life.

Thought Isgrove put in a couple of decent balls but we didn’t have anyone attacking them (and haven’t all season tbf). Still concerned that he is vulnerable defensively against a better side, but even by his standards he worked his nads off second half.

Bloody good job their number 19 passed up on a hat trick early in the second half or we might have been four or five down before the hour. How he missed that one when he went round Dixon was beyond me.

Last half hour a massive improvement and will hopefully provide a much needed confidence boost. 

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Agreed. Cannot fault his effort, both defensively and offensively, but final ball sometimes woeful! Kachunga needs to be shifted out! Hes had enough chances to perform now, cannot see what Evatt was chasing him for?

He doesn’t show for the ball just hides away and when he does receive it he gets rid ASAP, I’m sure someone said Tuesday he signed a 2 year contract! 

7 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Fuck me how much time wasting did they do.They started as soon as they went 2 up

Can’t blame them for that however frustrating it is. The problem is the referees. Totally inept at controlling the game at this level. The Premier League isn’t much better. The quality of refereeing in this country is shown up by the best in Europe and beyond.

Thought the crowd were very good considering. Had we gone two down in the first half five years ago there would be much more disgruntlement.

Lee and John excellent. 

Really don’t get Kachunga. If he has a part to play it’s off the bench for me, where he chipped in with a couple of assists early doors.

Massive result that; not because of the point, more down to the fact it’s shown we have fight and we’ve broken that dry spell in front of goal. Hopefully we can kick on now. 
We won’t go up and we won’t go down. But the togetherness is there after a difficult week and hopefully we push on. 

4 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Thought the crowd were very good considering. Had we gone two down in the first half five years ago there would be much more disgruntlement.

Lee and John excellent. 

Really don’t get Kachunga. If he has a part to play it’s off the bench for me, where he chipped in with a couple of assists early doors.

Massive result that; not because of the point, more down to the fact it’s shown we have fight and we’ve broken that dry spell in front of goal. Hopefully we can kick on now. 
We won’t go up and we won’t go down. But the togetherness is there after a difficult week and hopefully we push on. 

Me to. And a great crowd of 13,500 Bolton fans is a great effort considering the last few weeks.

Lee MOM for me! Such an intelligent player, and, as fit as for his age. John, good today, and Williams as well, just the bad miss! Lets now hope this is the turning point we need!