Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham

little whitt

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Really ??? 

Above Lee and Dapo, fucking bold statement that fella, its either your deluded or expecting a rise, I think it maybe the latter.

Really, so I must be deluded. I'd be interested to see the stats, but from what I see, Isgrove seems to retain the ball or find a White shirt more often than anyone else does. His final ball might be poor, but we're not exactly spoilt for choice. Maybe I'm totally wrong. I'm not saying anyone else is shit in comparison by the way. Far from it.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Isgrove may not be perfect but he works hard, moves the ball well ( & importantly for our style he does it quickly) & he has a great understanding with Lee.... How the fuck he got dropped for Kachunga I'll never know. 

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

9 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Sheehan got hooked straight after yet another careless pass. I'm a big fan of his but he was shocking today & he definitely needs to be taken off corner duties. 

He's neat and tidy but he's not very exciting to watch 

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't think your Fonz's biggest fan, I'd be surprised if you want him to start next week or any week!  I agree Dapo is better utilised as a No 10, on the wing he rarely puts a cross in anyway, its not his game.  Kachunga is poor but today was one of his better games, had a header on target (our 2nd of the season?) and a decent effort from 20 yards, which I've never seen from him before. 

Better games? He threw a throw in to the opposition in an attacking position. Fell over with the ball when on the attack which led to them breaking. Made an defensive header for them when the ball was put in their box. Lost the ball playing sloppy passes so many times.

As soon as he gets the ball in a promising position he stops, turns and invites pressure. He then pumps the ball back 40 yards or loses it.  

I like Isgrove but his figures this season read:

P14 G0 A0

Anyway, I stayed back to clap them off the pitch today. I wouldn'g have thought that with ten minutes to play. We have much to improve on - we can't continue having to work so hard to create an opportunity and our defensive organisation is practically non-existent - but to come back from two goals down, in the context of events this week, makes me proud of them.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Zico said:

Reminded me of a few games last season 

Gash first half but there's always a comeback in them

I've said before, I'm happy that we are still playing at 95 minutes, but fuck me we need to get going before the opposition scores. Every week we're playing catch up.

We are still the new boys in L1 mind, but it seems they are all bigger and stronger than us.

Just now, only1swanny said:

Kachunga worked his bollocks off today..he was knackered by the 70 min mark. 

I thought he did well today,  some cracking play,  great balls though   few mistakes but constantly moving into space.  

Really? I thought he was cack.

Funny how folk see games differently.

2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

I thought he did well today,  some cracking play,  great balls though   few mistakes but constantly moving into space.  

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Members
15 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Get out

35 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh that was a low point last season.

We’ve come a long way folks - embrace it.

The 6-3 defeat was obviously a low point, but if we'd won that day we would have been 7th (we'd just won 4 on the trot).  We didn't realise at the time it was going to get a lot worse before it started to get better.  Its a long season and there will be loads more twists and turns, good and bad.  I'll take the position we are in any day of the week.