Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe - Friday Night

Super Bock

I thought this would shift back to a Saturday now that the Rugby has been postponed but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Odd given that England also have a televised game that night so we'll likely end up with a lower crowd than usual. 

I'm wondering if it's safe to book trains for that now or if it's still up for debate. 

1 hour ago, Super Bock said:

I thought this would shift back to a Saturday now that the Rugby has been postponed but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Odd given that England also have a televised game that night so we'll likely end up with a lower crowd than usual. 

I'm wondering if it's safe to book trains for that now or if it's still up for debate. 

It ain’t up for debate, it’s Friday & it’s set in stone. The charity game is Sunday, thats why the game v Crewe has stayed at Friday.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is this on the tele box? I thought it was but now not sure.

Legal tele box?

I've not seen anything to suggest it is. It was originally moved due to the RL world cup. It's also an international weekend, England are playing at the same time

Edited by dave2980

2 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I've not seen anything to suggest it is. It was originally moved due to the RL world cup. It's also an international weekend, England are playing at the same time

Cheers. I was planning on going to the pub to watch this. May now have to watch it on my phone in said pub 

4 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Give over

So it’s November and it’s cold and England are playing a WC qualifier that can be watched in the pub or home. Say your not a season ticket holder; pay £25 quid and travel to watch our game or watch England - many will stay away plus people who travel 3 hours both ways will think twice. I will probably see my mum in the day then go to the game but wouldn’t travel up that M6 just for a Friday night game. At least 1000 less like I said

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

So it’s November and it’s cold and England are playing a WC qualifier that can be watched in the pub or home. Say your not a season ticket holder; pay £25 quid and travel to watch our game or watch England - many will stay away plus people who travel 3 hours both ways will think twice. I will probably see my mum in the day then go to the game but wouldn’t travel up that M6 just for a Friday night game. At least 1000 less like I said

And it’s a long way from Worcester…

29 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Prob the lowest home gate of the season due to the above!

20 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Just seen that only season ticket holders will be LL1 & 2 members can’t buy tickets in them areas 

So members will just buy elsewhere & go into an empty seat in LL1 or 2 

Therefore negating the point of what the club are trying to do! 

As I said, poorly thought out. Makes you wonder if these decision makers have ever been football fans?

18 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

So members will just buy elsewhere & go into an empty seat in LL1 or 2 

Therefore negating the point of what the club are trying to do! 

As I said, poorly thought out. Makes you wonder if these decision makers have ever been football fans?

Type error IL not LL

Unless they tape the seats up or remove them folk will sit where they want