Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

The more I think about it the more I'm against it. As well as the point l made about the casual and first time fan being put off. I find this who thing a possible infringement on folks privacy. Why should the club have the right to know the name and address of all it's customers? Imagine if you had to give the cinema, a restaurant etc.. your home details before you could go. It's all a bit too Big Brother for my liking.

Edited by Underpants

• Site Supporter

I agree undies - think this is a massive shoot themselves in the foot scheme.

I'm ultimately likely to have to join for away tickets but giving serious consideration to not bothering with the FA cup tie as my little protest against it.

I don't see why I should have to join up to a little scheme when i'm already a season ticket holder and lifeline member just for the right to buy an away ticket

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If this is a way of stopping morons continually embarrassing our club then I'm all for it.

Take this sort of thing to an extreme then it's a national ID system for us all next. It will help them control the social riff-raff will it not Daz 🤔

Edited by Underpants

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, at the moment if a fan without an ST rings up and wants a ticket to a game, I assume the fan gives his name and address so the ticket can be posted, hence the club has their details.

To me it's like being a member of the caravan & camping club, you get benefits on certain campsites etc... 

Although we have yet to hear about the benefits.

Currently you can just call in at the ticket office and buy a ticket without giving any details though.  This will no longer be an option.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

Take this sort of thing to an extreme then it's a national ID system for us all next. It will help them control the social riff-raff will it not Daz 🤔

I'd have no problem with a Nation ID scheme either.  I don't wear a tinfoil hat and think the Government's out to get me,.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd have no problem with a Nation ID scheme either.  I don't wear a tinfoil hat and think the Government's out to get me,.

Neither do I. But I still wouldn't want to give the government or my football club info they don't really need.

Edited by Underpants

What disappoints me most about this isn't the fact it is being introduced, but the lack of a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it.

Since day 1 FV have appeared to be open and transparent with the fans, but yesterday's statement was a bit woolly.

C'mon, Mrs Brittan, (a) tell us the full story and (b) what's in it for us long-suffring ST holders? Another board with our names on?

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

What disappoints me most about this isn't the fact it is being introduced, but the lack of a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it.

Since day 1 FV have appeared to be open and transparent with the fans, but yesterday's statement was a bit woolly.

C'mon, Mrs Brittan, (a) tell us the full story and (b) what's in it for us long-suffring ST holders? Another board with our names on?

They should've just said they're doing it as a way to easily identify and ban fans that give a bad name to the club.  Surely nobody would have an issue with that?

14 minutes ago, Traf said:

Spot on.

Also I think a clear out may take them by surprise of how many they would actually clear out. Slippery slope.

• Members

You try and buy a ticket in the home end of premier league clubs with modern stadiums and you need a membership no. It’s a safety aspect and it’s also a requirement to meet certain criteria to host certain games nowadays. 

So if FV are thinking long term and want to get into the PL then this will happen anyways.

If you try and buy an England ticket you need to register your details you even need to be part of the supporters club.

You buy gig tickets you have to register. 

You buy items from a website you need to register your details

It’s not an extreme practice. Not sure what the issue is but hey ho

• Members
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Then that's all Sharon & co needed to communicate.

Still fairly new to running a club, a business is different you don’t have such an invested group of people that you’re making decisions for. 
This is probably standard in their business eyes and thought yeah this is what we need to do going forward.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club I needed to put fans minds at rest.

Yeah of course.  Like I said they aren’t perfect but so far they’ve been brilliant. They will make mistakes and learn from them, probably made as a business decision. Might be part of their long plan and don’t feel like they need to reveal every detail. 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

You try and buy a ticket in the home end of premier league clubs with modern stadiums and you need a membership no. It’s a safety aspect and it’s also a requirement to meet certain criteria to host certain games nowadays. 

So if FV are thinking long term and want to get into the PL then this will happen anyways.

If you try and buy an England ticket you need to register your details you even need to be part of the supporters club.

You buy gig tickets you have to register. 

You buy items from a website you need to register your details

It’s not an extreme practice. Not sure what the issue is but hey ho

The argument goes that this is being forced upon us with little to no consultation, and it is unnecessary.

It seems we are all being treated with suspicion and more like customers than fans.

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club is needed to put fans minds at rest.

And if it's a 50/50 split on here amongst a group who are generally pretty reasonable and pro-club, imagine what's going on at Facebook & Twitter.