Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

4 minutes ago, Underpants said:

The argument goes that this is being forced upon us with little to no consultation, and it is unnecessary.

It seems we are all being treated with suspicion and more like customers than fans.

Make it easier to implement a COVID passport or any other passport for that matter.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club is needed to put fans minds at rest.

Did you not read the article?

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/wanderers-launch-official-membership/

So if for example for one off games i.e. boxing day, new years day or the more important games you want to bring a relative who's not a BWFC fan but who wants to watch the game - do they have to be a member or can a member / ST holder buy 2 or 3 tickets without the others being a member ?

9 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

So if for example for one off games i.e. boxing day, new years day or the more important games you want to bring a relative who's not a BWFC fan but who wants to watch the game - do they have to be a member or can a member / ST holder buy 2 or 3 tickets without the others being a member ?

They have to become a member to get a ticket. The membership expires at the end of this season so we all have to renew after this season to get tickets for next season. 

Well IMO that's bollocks & will stop any floating fans from attending - so if a casual fan or a non supporting BWFC fan wanting to attend a game with an existing ST holder they have to register as a member of BWFC even if they are not necessarily a fan.

Big brother gone mad, just because a few idiots lobbed a couple of plastic bottles at Wigan players who incited said fans. The club must be relatively well off if they can do without well behaved casual fans wanting to attend 2 or 3 games a season. Surely if a ST holder buys a couple of extra tickets every now & then they can still trace this back to the ST holder if anyone causes any trouble in the seats that the ST has purchased.

Not impressed, I won't be registering as they already have my details as a ST holder, therefore if that means that I can't get a ST next season then the club will lose that cash - all for the sake of a couple of plastic bottles !

33 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Its fucked. Not letting me buy a stockport ticket, despite being a member.

Anyone else?

27 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Same:

Unfortunately, you don't have the correct permissions on your account to purchase this event. Take a look at our Membership Options.

Worked fine for the 7 of us that I sorted out memberships yesterday but didn't work on the one I'd sorted today as a member. Might only activate overnight or summat like that. Was easily sorted in one email to ticket office though.

Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

Only thing different for me was had to assign every seat to someone who had a ST (or membership I presume).

Which I do as a matter of course anyway ever since those Fleetwood and Burton games the other year when folk needed to prove how many away games they had attended (plus I tend to buy during STH priority anyway I suppose)

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think it’s a load of bollox this. Seems a bar to getting a ticket, strange decision by good business folk to actively discourage folk from attending. 

I think it’s to actively discourage certain folk from going.