Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

34 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Presumably it will be no more cash turnstiles for any game from now on, which is a shame.

Dunno about elsewhere but when they’ve had them on NSL this season, it’s pretty much just led to bigger queues for season ticket holders or those who have pre-bought match tickets, so no complaints here.

With smartphones these days you can buy a ticket on your phone and scan it at the turnstile as quickly as you can post on here. 

3 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Why didn’t they just say all season ticket holders are automatically co-opted in (as they already have our details) and we all have a CR no.already.

Then just opened it up for Non season ticket holders.

It says on the ticket details for Stockport "S/T holders do not need to register as members to purchase tickets for this or any fixture".  Which contradicts the bit on the membership that says "official membership will become mandatory for all fans wishing to purchase home and away league and cup matchday tickets".  Confusing, unless I'm just not reading it properly, which is possible.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It says on the ticket details for Stockport "S/T holders do not need to register as members to purchase tickets for this or any fixture".  Which contradicts the bit on the membership that says "official membership will become mandatory for all fans wishing to purchase home and away league and cup matchday tickets".  Confusing, unless I'm just not reading it properly, which is possible.

This was the point I was making on P2 of this thread. Two different paragraphs, each giving different advice.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

^ being the operative words. They're talking about next season.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

^ being the operative words. They're talking about next season.

Yep.

Whenever I go into screwfix, toolstation or indeed many other places, they ask for name and addresses. Don't have to give it of course, but this scheme only wants the same information. 

They've probably already got it for the vast majority of us.

I get the point that some are making about spontaneous decisions to go to the game, but this has required a ticket to be purchased before going in since 1997 and an all seater stadium. Joining the scheme is only needed once too. Its not the biggest infringement of civil liberties, but if folk don't want to give the information then don't.

You login.

You 'buy' membership.

You checkout.

You logout.

Not hard.

I dread to think of the state of some of yers devices.

My sister (with aspirins for tits) has about forty homescreens on her phone with one, usually duplicate, app shortcut on each...

It's a real bugbear of mine.

Then the same idiots want you to print sommat off (boarding passes etc.) for them - "I'll stick them on a memory stick..."

Yeah, do that, then stick it where monkeys stick it their nuts.

• Site Supporter

I’ve done it for me, no bother at all. Then did it for MrsD who hasn’t ever had an account as any tickets she needs are bought on my account. Had to input her email address, write out a password twice and tick or untick a shitload of boxes so they won’t sell on the email address.

The most difficult thing is to come up with a 10 character password…

Sorry, you need to include at least one uppercase letter.

Sorry, you need at least one number.

Sorry, no characters other than number/letter combinations.

Whose fucking password is this?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Slater said:

Looks like a money making scheme, heard on the grapevine they will be charging monthly for the membership come next season.

Now that would be a game changer. If it was an optional scheme-a small fee which had big discounts on merchandise etc, I could sort of understand. A bit like a current account with a fee but with benefits. 

If however, it was compulsory for all, then they could get to fuck.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, DazBob said:

How does it work for registering kids?

Same as it does for adults, which seems a bit daft. Mine both have their own email addresses, but I bet there's a lot of kids that don't, particularly the younger ones.

12 hours ago, Cheese said:

Same as it does for adults, which seems a bit daft. Mine both have their own email addresses, but I bet there's a lot of kids that don't, particularly the younger ones.

Just register any kids under your own email address and use a different password. Doesn’t do much for the number of email addresses that the club have got, but ticks the ‘knowing who is in the ground’ box and can always be changed in future

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Just register any kids under your own email address and use a different password. Doesn’t do much for the number of email addresses that the club have got, but ticks the ‘knowing who is in the ground’ box and can always be changed in future

You can't do that.

Your email is your unique login 'name'/I. D.

Take two seconds to set up a Gmail.

Maybe just add a relevant digit[s] or word[s] to your own email address.

YourimcanespieJuniorPlanned@...

Youri McanespieJohnnyBroke@...

Etc.

Make the password the same for all the memberships and the same password for the email accounts (but different to the membership ones).

• Moderators
On 26/10/2021 at 14:59, barryk32 said:

This.

Its a passionate pastime.  I've met loads off here and I'm pretty sure 90% have done somthing that would be frowned upon if you were round your nans.

Do we now come in, sit quietly and applaud in the right places?

nah, no racist abuse, no chucking objects, no running on the pitch

other than that, (those things being off the top of my head), crack on