Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

This is possibly the 1st poor / bad thing that FV have done.

As I said previously if this doesn't change then me & a couple of others won't be renewing next season if I have to become a member - this is a two way thing & at the moment to me and a few others this is a step to far in regards to being 'big brother'. Its now a matter of principle & trust, if the club don't trust me as a ST holder & fan for 40 years to buy additional individual match tickets for friends & family for 4 or 5 games a year then they can do one.

Major cock up in my opinion by the club & it could come back and haunt them with lower attendances - it actually really annoys me the fact that this has been introduced without any consultation with supporters. I also think that this could escalate as it appears many others are not happy with this 'big brother' membership scheme. 

As if we aren't monitored enough. 

The line was crossed by the fuckwits lobbing stuff on the pitch, to the point of the referee almost pulling the players. There's a danger of a big punishment incoming, and the club have to act  so show they are doing all they can to avoid a repeat instance.

But you go ahead and blame the club

7 minutes ago, Gonk said:

The line was crossed by the fuckwits lobbing stuff on the pitch, to the point of the referee almost pulling the players. There's a danger of a big punishment incoming, and the club have to act  so show they are doing all they can to avoid a repeat instance.

But you go ahead and blame the club

I will thanks, a complete over reaction which will come back to haunt them - I can even see this membership scheme being scrapped if it has an effect on attendances, which I think it will.

How many other times in 20 years plus at the Reebok has this happened, the Wigan players were hell bent on winding up the Bolton fans from minute 1, their 1st goal Maclean was winding up the North stand. They then score a 2nd and all of the Wigan players go over to the ESL and wind them up, basically seriously purposely inciting the Bolton fans - what are they supposed to do just smile back & say well done, there was no violence just a few plastic bottles thrown. What about the Wigan fans rushing through the barriers behind the goal after their 3rd, that's encroaching which is a much more serious offence - I've not heard any of their fans getting done for this ?.

Take passion out of the game & the sanitised version of the game will eventually die. Its a major over reaction by BWFC not replicated in any way by WAFC.

I'll say it gain this pathetic 'big brother' membership scheme will not last, unless the club really do want a happy clapping, sanitised, sit in your seat & be grateful I've allowed you to have a ticket at ÂŁ25 crowd.

29 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

I will thanks, a complete over reaction which will come back to haunt them - I can even see this membership scheme being scrapped if it has an effect on attendances, which I think it will.

How many games can you think off in the last ten years in PL/EFL when because of crowd violence the players were nearly taken off the pitch and the match suspended - a handful?? - thats how serious the Wigan game got - as Gonk says there is every chance of a big punishment coming our way

12 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Wait until the Stockport game, with 5k behind them, they will kick off all over the place 

As I said in a previous post have all Stockport fans had to become members at SCFC ?, it may kick off & and if it does I've no doubt FV & this Burnley CEO will point the blame at Bolton fans, and introduce even more draconian measures for our fans without even wanting to do anything about away fans behaviour - hence even after Wigan they have given Stockport a 5000 allocation.

Its a disgrace IMO how the owners have treated the majority of loyal BWFC fans over a one off minor incident - I know loads will disagree which is fine & I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but it will backfire at some stage.

2 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

How many games can you think off in the last ten years in PL/EFL when because of crowd violence the players were nearly taken off the pitch and the match suspended - a handful?? - thats how serious the Wigan game got - as Gonk says there is every chance of a big punishment coming our way

What crowd violence, that wasn't crowd violence it was a few plastic bottles thrown at inciting opposition players who were hell bent on inciting the Bolton fans.

Get a grip, have Wigan banned any of their fans ?

53 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

This is possibly the 1st poor / bad thing that FV have done.

As I said previously if this doesn't change then me & a couple of others won't be renewing next season if I have to become a member - this is a two way thing & at the moment to me and a few others this is a step to far in regards to being 'big brother'. Its now a matter of principle & trust, if the club don't trust me as a ST holder & fan for 40 years to buy additional individual match tickets for friends & family for 4 or 5 games a year then they can do one.

Major cock up in my opinion by the club & it could come back and haunt them with lower attendances - it actually really annoys me the fact that this has been introduced without any consultation with supporters. I also think that this could escalate as it appears many others are not happy with this 'big brother' membership scheme. 

As if we aren't monitored enough. 

They aren’t asking for any more or any less information than they’ve already got with your season ticket. Although personally I think it’s unnecessary duplication for season ticket holders to sign up as well, it really isn’t any different at all to the information already held. 

4 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

What crowd violence, that wasn't crowd violence it was a few plastic bottles thrown at inciting opposition players who were hell bent on inciting the Bolton fans.

Get a grip, have Wigan banned any of their fans ?

The authorities will class that as crowd violence - and inciting Bolton fans - No lover of Mclean but he hets abuse for 90 mins - would you be happy if he chucked a bottle at you??

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

They aren’t asking for any more or any less information than they’ve already got with your season ticket. Although personally I think it’s unnecessary duplication for season ticket holders to sign up as well, it really isn’t any different at all to the information already held. 

Yes they are, as a ST holder (and they already have my contact details) if I want to purchase 3 or 4 additional tickets for friends & family who want to come to the odd game or 4, I now have to get them all to become members even though they are either casual BWFC fans or non BWFC fans just wanting to watch a game or two. Which they will refuse to do so therefore the club will lose many walk up / casual non trouble making fans.

But its ok we don't need them and we obviously don't need the money.

4 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

The authorities will class that as crowd violence - and inciting Bolton fans - No lover of Mclean but he hets abuse for 90 mins - would you be happy if he chucked a bottle at you??

Yes he can chuck what he wants at me. So are you saying they didn't incite the Bolton fans ? and not just Mclean or did you have selective viewing ?

8 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Yes he can chuck what he wants at me. So are you saying they didn't incite the Bolton fans ? and not just Mclean or did you have selective viewing ?

Does that justify some knob head throwing a bottle at them just because he celebrated in front of the home fans??

9 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Yes they are, as a ST holder (and they already have my contact details) if I want to purchase 3 or 4 additional tickets for friends & family who want to come to the odd game or 4, I now have to get them all to become members even though they are either casual BWFC fans or non BWFC fans just wanting to watch a game or two. Which they will refuse to do so therefore the club will lose many walk up / casual non trouble making fans.

But its ok we don't need them and we obviously don't need the money.

Why would they refuse to surrender their details? What have they got to hide? Do they refuse to give their details to Amazon when they buy stuff online? Plane tickets? I went to the Opera House the other week and had to give the details of both ticket holders. It really is common practice across a whole host of spectrums these days. Whether that’s right or wrong is way above the station of BWFC.  

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

And if James McClean putting his fingers to his lips is enough to justify lobbing a bottle at players on the pitch (or fans in the stands) then it’s probably time to see a shrink. 

And if that's the only thing you saw from Mclean then you need to get to the opticians - he was making all sorts of gestures as I said both in front of the North Stand for the 1st goal & then in front of the East Stand for the 2nd - it wasn't just fingers to his lips, but crack on.