Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

Thinking about it, in order to identify anyone, then they need to identify which seat number they're on.

Once that has been achieved, then they will have the details of whoever bought that seat.

A quick chat with that person will yield the identity of the occupant anyway.

If the purchaser is a season ticket holder, they're not likely to put they're own attendance at risk by withholding the necessary information, so perhaps allow st holders to buy tickets for others with them all needing to he signed up. 

Non st holders, fair enough. 

31 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thinking about it, in order to identify anyone, then they need to identify which seat number they're on.

Once that has been achieved, then they will have the details of whoever bought that seat.

A quick chat with that person will yield the identity of the occupant anyway.

If the purchaser is a season ticket holder, they're not likely to put they're own attendance at risk by withholding the necessary information, so perhaps allow st holders to buy tickets for others with them all needing to he signed up. 

Non st holders, fair enough. 

It’s not difficult to circumnavigate this if you are a trouble maker, just move to an empty seat, I’ll say it again it’s a load of bollox, BWFC ain’t the type of fan base to try to do this to. Massive own goal… and they’ll pay with less money incoming. 

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

This.

Good post and exactly my thoughts.

We are hardly in “Operation Gamma” days.

It will be very interesting to see the non ST support for our 4 pre Xmas league home games.

All are against unattractive opposition, 2 are mid-week, and there will be minimal travelling support. In addition money is always tight pre-Xmas.

Its already looking like the home support on Sunday will be pitiful.

The club need to issue some form of statement re clarification of this membership announcement and soon in my opinion.

Timing and execution simply could not have been worse….

This got me thinking about a report I saw linked into my twitter feed this morning about police "fears" over the rise of ultra style groups due to safe standing (?!)

It feels like there's some sort of movement towards a fear and vilification of football fans again post lockdown, but are you or anyone else really seeing any evidence of more football disorder after lockdown compared to before? I'm definitely seeing evidence that people are understandably boisterously enjoying the freedom to go out and be in groups again but that's not just football fans. I've seen stag/hen dos and middle aged folk on trains to nights out being loud and obnoxious as well.

Pay your money, sit down, shut up, fuck off.

TICKET OFFICE WHAT WANKERS 

SAME AS THIS MEMBERSHIP 

Went in getting a ticket for a mate a ST Holder  and his 2 grandkids 

would not give me them cause Grandkids are not members FUCK ME they 6 and 7 

how do they become members without a email 

you would they would think they would have someone in they who would set one up for people 

what about your old lot with the flat caps 

or people who want to watch a FAcup game 

i told the rude bird its not till next season 

she said they need them now if they want tickets 

57 minutes ago, little whitt said:

TICKET OFFICE WHAT WANKERS 

SAME AS THIS MEMBERSHIP 

Went in getting a ticket for a mate a ST Holder  and his 2 grandkids 

would not give me them cause Grandkids are not members FUCK ME they 6 and 7 

how do they become members without a email 

you would they would think they would have someone in they who would set one up for people 

what about your old lot with the flat caps 

or people who want to watch a FAcup game 

i told the rude bird its not till next season 

she said they need them now if they want tickets 

Register them all under the same e-mail address

is there really a point to this

I've already got an account with my bank details and address. Online purchasing history going back to 2008. Reference number which probably dates back to the first season in the ground.

but i can't buy a ticket until tomorrow when my membership 'activates', i might have gone off the idea by then

The network thing is bollocks anyway, I've got loads of randoms in there from the last time there was a ticket scramble

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s not difficult to circumnavigate this if you are a trouble maker, just move to an empty seat, I’ll say it again it’s a load of bollox, BWFC ain’t the type of fan base to try to do this to. Massive own goal… and they’ll pay with less money incoming. 

Fair point about moving seats, although that presumes there are any in idiot's corner.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Register them all under the same e-mail address

3 hours ago, Big E said:

But if he does that he can't moan about it and not go......

Nah, it's bollocks 

For everyone who's said it's easy, someone is finding it a pain in the arse 

If it's as easy as registering everyone is under the same email address they should make it perfectly clear on the  website how you do this 

You can't assume everyone is so web savvy 

Seems to me it's an ill thought out process brought in mid season and the timing of it is going to dent our attendance on Sunday 

Bit shite really

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Nah, it's bollocks 

For everyone who's said it's easy, someone is finding it a pain in the arse 

If it's as easy as registering everyone is under the same email address they should make it perfectly clear on the  website how you do this 

You can't assume everyone is so web savvy 

Seems to me it's an ill thought out process brought in mid season and the timing of it is going to dent our attendance on Sunday 

Bit shite really

This is a good point. There was an issue too when etickets wouldn't open on some phones, and Traf sorted that for us. Sometimes as you say, the system could be better explained and more user friendly.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Let’s be honest the club/ticket office has history of fuck ups and bad decisions it goes back years & years 

I dont think most fuck ups are down to the ticket office

It's generally above them

They just cop the flack

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fair point about moving seats, although that presumes there are any in idiot's corner.

And you presume if there’s someone stood in front of each seat then there’s no space for more people to stand in front of an already occupied space. This will only be highlighted if everyone in Crazy Corner had to sit in their seat.

6 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Lost revenue for Sunday

poorly thought/rolled out 

I think the lost revenue is the least of the issues.  A couple of extra thousand paying £5 or £10, which is split with the opponents and the FA, is irrelevant really.  And the Crewe game on a cold Friday night was never going to be a big earner.  Its more about the long term implications of turning fans, or rather customers, away from the club.

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

I just want to state on the record. This is a shit idea.

Seconded.

No matter how easy/difficult it is to register, suddenly implementing it with no warning or explanation is bollocks.

Definite OG by FV.

If you're reading this Ms Brittan, or if someone's telling you about IT, the message from the club's largest forum is simple...

SORT THE FUCKER OUT SHARPISH.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I have a season ticket and so does my daughter (even hers is in my name)

How do i make my Mrs and Grandson members? because i’m struggling to do it so far.

1, Speak very slowly and clearly

2, Don’t leave any steps out.

Tia

Best advice I can give is give the ticket office a bell or call in, that’s how I sorted out a similar scenario in the end.

This was after trying it myself (and I’m usually semi tech-savvy and sort these things out myself) but there was an issue signing up the junior and attaching to my network. Cheese posted some step by step rules earlier if you want to have a try - but the ticket office were good and sorted it quickly.  

53 minutes ago, desperado said:

Best advice I can give is give the ticket office a bell or call in, that’s how I sorted out a similar scenario in the end.

This was after trying it myself (and I’m usually semi tech-savvy and sort these things out myself) but there was an issue signing up the junior and attaching to my network. Cheese posted some step by step rules earlier if you want to have a try - but the ticket office were good and sorted it quickly.  

Ok cheers, i’m only 5 mins drive from the Uni so no hardship to call into the ticket office.

Although i hate being beaten by stuff that should be fairly simple to do online.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think the lost revenue is the least of the issues.  A couple of extra thousand paying £5 or £10, which is split with the opponents and the FA, is irrelevant really.  And the Crewe game on a cold Friday night was never going to be a big earner.  Its more about the long term implications of turning fans, or rather customers, away from the club.

Ok tickets are cheap and yes there’s a split but it goes hand in hand how many folk just pay for their ticket and nothing else

hotel, club shop and kiosks would all benefit ok not mega bucks but It would pay for something