Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

13 hours ago, Zico said:

Nah, it's bollocks 

For everyone who's said it's easy, someone is finding it a pain in the arse 

If it's as easy as registering everyone is under the same email address they should make it perfectly clear on the  website how you do this 

You can't assume everyone is so web savvy 

Seems to me it's an ill thought out process brought in mid season and the timing of it is going to dent our attendance on Sunday 

Bit shite really

We know you struggle with technology anyway 😁

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, tomski said:

Deffo buy into the bigger plan of charging for memberships if it’s correct season ticket holders need to sign up. I can’t think of any other reason. 

Not so sure about that, surely not!

It would be a game changing move if they did. Having to pay to have the right to buy a season ticket?

Be preferable to just put the st price up.

Interestingly, these new moves have all happened since the new fellas arrived.

Team's turned a bit shit too!😁

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It would be a game changing move if they did. Having to pay to have the right to buy a season ticket?

If this came to fruition, I’d be seriously contemplating in saying get to fuck.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's the kind of thing a club with more home fans than seats available would do, not us!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

That's the kind of thing a club with more home fans than seats available would do, not us!

Agree to both.

Surely not happening. 

19 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

TBF, other than Tomski above, its not been suggested anywhere has it ?

Nope. Can’t think of another explanation to sign season tickets up as all info there already. 

I don’t think it would be a fee to buy a season ticket more only members who pay the fee can buy any type of ticket.

52 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As others have mentioned, the information is the same, so just automatically enrol those who buy an st into the membership scheme.

One of the more recent Stockport articles seemed to suggest that next season will be an automatic enrolment for season ticket holders, so they must be listening (to an extent). 

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

One of the more recent Stockport articles seemed to suggest that next season will be an automatic enrolment for season ticket holders, so they must be listening (to an extent). 

Won't they have to email you asking for consent?

Its absolute bollocks and adds another barrier to folk not being arsed.

If your buying your own ticket for yourself its easy, like most of weapons on twitter rightly point out. 

However if your buying as a group, with kids that dont normally go as much or want to bring a mate for your kid, yourself or even want to bring your mrs to what would a nice little sunday out to a cup match, its a complete fucking ball ache.

Kids under 10 dont generally have email addresses and why the fuck would they want to be members. 

If your the guy that buys for your group, its a fuckin nightmare.

Theyve got a lot right this mob since they came in but this is shite.

I wont be there today, nor will my two lads. Id already let my membership be used thinking it was Saturday. Can I be arsed finding somone to buy my ticket whos not going as well setting up memberships for a 7 year old that will barely go to another game and my eldest, can I fuck.

• Site Supporter
On 05/11/2021 at 17:04, Morizio said:

But really would any of you ?

After what we've all been through as Wanderers, being an hour from going out of business, year after year of the robber Anderson, relegation, points deducted, shit performances on and off the pitch. Getting tonked to five every week and shit managers telling us 'football people would understand'. The shame of having no water on the training ground, food banks, staff not getting paid. Stumbling from one disaster to another. On the front pages rather that the back pages.

Then every no mark tinpot shithouse club wanting us punished even more. Fucking Trashmere, Doncaster even FGR taking the piss.

Has Sharon, or FV let us down before ?

Have they done anything except work their bollocks off to make this great club succeed ?

I say no, and in the First Lady we trust.

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I wont be there today, nor will my two lads. Id already let my membership be used thinking it was Saturday. Can I be arsed finding somone to buy my ticket whos not going as well setting up memberships for a 7 year old that will barely go to another game and my eldest, can I fuck.

Why should you. It’s a load of bollocks

The frustrating thing about the membership is that 95% the issues are avoided if you say members can bring 2 guests. 
It has clearly been rushed in following the trouble v Wigan and Stockport bringing so many. 
As a season ticket holder it has made no difference to me, was never going today but people have been put off by it. What business insists it's paying customers after years of dealing with them changes the rules one week and expects everyone to tow the line ? I will join when I need to and am sure it will be relatively easy but not as easy as not having to join ! 

Given up today. Tried to buy myself and daughter who are both season tickets holders, tickets today but can’t assign my daughter a ticket as both season tickets are in my name? Tried phone ticket office 10 times but will not answer. Did not think we back for match, as she’s been playing but rushed back and thought it be easy enough to get a couple of tickets . Fooking frustrating as fook. 0 customer support as usual. 

• Site Supporter

I ordered a ticket online even though I knew I wasn't going just to see if I could. Nothing turned up by post, or online so I rang the ticket office and their advice was 'keep looking at your emails'.

Nothing has arrived even now, at 1:25 on match day. It's a good job there's not going to be a 20,000 crowd on, and I only paid a fiver.

I only ordered one on line to see what all the trouble was about, as  I usually just go up there if I need to.

Are these teething troubles due to the new membership scheme, or have I ballsed it up, or what ?

I stick to my comments above mind.

3 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

But really would any of you ?

After what we've all been through as Wanderers, being an hour from going out of business, year after year of the robber Anderson, relegation, points deducted, shit performances on and off the pitch. Getting tonked to five every week and shit managers telling us 'football people would understand'. The shame of having no water on the training ground, food banks, staff not getting paid. Stumbling from one disaster to another. On the front pages rather that the back pages.

Then every no mark tinpot shithouse club wanting us punished even more. Fucking Trashmere, Doncaster even FGR taking the piss.

Has Sharon, or FV let us down before ?

Have they done anything except work their bollocks off to make this great club succeed ?

I say no, and in the First Lady we trust.

Nobody's disputing that.  People also say "in IE we trust" as if that's a catch all for nobody is allowed to question any decision.  I'm sure Sharon and IE are humble enough not to claim they get every decision right.  And especially one made in haste that has no precedent.

• Site Supporter

Not going now.

couldn’t get down there before 1pm

Would need to set up 3 new email addresses for 3 new memberships, one of which is almost certain to be a single visit.

A bizarre, baffling situation from an administration that has so far been 100% perfect.

Would certainly have been one for the close season this

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not going now.

couldn’t get down there before 1pm

Would need to set up 3 new email addresses for 3 new memberships, one of which is almost certain to be a single visit.

A bizarre, baffling situation from an administration that has so far been 100% perfect.

Would certainly have been one for the close season this

You wouldn't need 3 email addresses. I've got 3 memberships (mine & 2 sprogs) using 1 email address. You just use a different password for each account.