Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

I'm not against this membership scheme, I'm a big fan of FV and all they stand for, and all they have done. I said that it was a piece of piss joining and purchasing tickets.

Unfortunately I've still not got my Stockport (home) ticket and have not had a reply to my email to the TO from Sunday night asking what happened.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

I am one of FVS biggest fans and see how much they have done but feels like could do with hearing from them at the moment . 

Few bits of stuff going on and be nice to hear from them . 

I agree with this, there's no doubt they'll be fully aware of the reaction to it as well.

This was an interesting read about how poorly executed it has been.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I'm not against this membership scheme, I'm a big fan of FV and all they stand for, and all they have done. I said that it was a piece of piss joining and purchasing tickets.

Unfortunately I've still not got my Stockport (home) ticket and have not had a reply to my email to the TO from Sunday night asking what happened.

if you check your emails , you should have received 2 ,the second 1 had your tickets on it for you to print off, this wasn't explained , as i went to the ticket office on saturday to ask why tickets hadn't arrived, bit of a rip off paying £1 per ticket admin fee to use your own ink and paper.

FV have got the fans back on board with their PR and almost everything they have done since taking over ownership of the club. And I reckon that has given them some slack with a lot of fans over this membership scheme.

Would people still be in favour of a membership scheme if it was implemented by the previous owner? Exact same scheme, wording and goal attached? I think it would have hit a lot more resistance.

Fair play to FV. Strike while the fire is hot. But for me this scheme doesn't sit well.

Edited by Underpants

• Moderators

I've stated my objections

Timing and not being fit for purpose being 2

Timing I can perhaps excuse if it's been forced on us

Fit for purpose...no excuses, get it right and trial the fucking arse out of it,and then explain it in detail

But and this is my biggest objection, if we are going down the road of it being a Teddy bears picnic, massive boo boo

Football is emotional..the day it isn't, we pack it in

I'm not saying chucking stuff is acceptable, but neither is farting a banning offence

I worry where lines are being  drawn and I think comms from the club are very much required

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

if you check your emails , you should have received 2 ,the second 1 had your tickets on it for you to print off, this wasn't explained , as i went to the ticket office on saturday to ask why tickets hadn't arrived, bit of a rip off paying £1 per ticket admin fee to use your own ink and paper.

The admin fee is just bullshit.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

I know some have used junior tickets this season just depends if they’re keen at the turnstile, can you upgrade didnt know that was an option 

Do the three card trick. You get a friend who go in with their adult and junior tickets immediately followed by you with a junior.

The adult hands his son the adult ticket and, if you get stopped, you shout the lad and ask if he came in with your adult ticket. Kid hands the adult ticket to you and you make that tutting noise with your tongue and teeth and the turnstile guy let’s you in.

For all the good FV have done, this membership farce IMO has undone a lot of it and the feel good factor amongst many fans (if there really was one) has gone with this.

Surely the club should be trying to get as many fans in the ground as possible, increase revenue and create a better atmosphere and matchday experience - not drive a wedge between the club and some of the fans which will result in exactly the opposite & could also create a sterile, dull atmosphere and many disgruntled supporters, there are fans who think this is ok but there are also many who don't.

Poor from the BWFC board & the new Burnley CEO. The communication from the club around this has also been poor (IMO).

10 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Or just open the email at the ground and let them scan it 

1 hour ago, Black Sheep said:

For all the good FV have done, this membership farce IMO has undone a lot of it and the feel good factor amongst many fans (if there really was one) has gone with this.

Surely the club should be trying to get as many fans in the ground as possible, increase revenue and create a better atmosphere and matchday experience - not drive a wedge between the club and some of the fans which will result in exactly the opposite & could also create a sterile, dull atmosphere and many disgruntled supporters, there are fans who think this is ok but there are also many who don't.

Poor from the BWFC board & the new Burnley CEO. The communication from the club around this has also been poor (IMO).

how it started ;

Club going out of business

staff using foodbanks 

no players

lowest league position in our history

wanker in tank top talking shit

how it is going;

debtors paid on time

staff being paid

decent squad

promoted and mid table

Sharon B

stupid membership scheme

They are still well in credit with me. The fact is we are a club on a recovery path, the owners have and will make mistakes along the way. The team have and will have more shit performances. The way some people find it necessary to shout the loudest at slight down turn is IMO really pathetic. I think the membership scheme has been rushed and badly communicated but if you are going to judge FV based on last week and a half and ignore the time before you are crazy. Idiots calling for Sharon B to step down FFS. This is not all aimed at you BS but anyone thinking a club can rise Phoenix like from the shit with no stains and then skid marks along the way is deluded. 

18 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Like I’ve said many times the whole ticket office set up has been a problem going back previous owners it always has issues of some kind 

I would make one very important distinction . The ticket office are probably the  most public face of the club and issues in the ticket office are IMO usually caused by decisions   made higher up.

The membership scheme is a good example. DDs not renewing another.

Every single time I have spoken to someone in the ticket office they have been brilliant. 

10 minutes ago, Ani said:

I would make one very important distinction . The ticket office are probably the  most public face of the club and issues in the ticket office are IMO usually caused by decisions   made higher up.

The membership scheme is a good example. DDs not renewing another.

Every single time I have spoken to someone in the ticket office they have been brilliant. 

Yes totally I should’ve made that clearer it’s for sure decisions higher up but the fact it it’s still happening

very helpful indeed in fact yesterday they sorted an issue I had regarding a Wycombe ticket 

2 hours ago, Black Sheep said:

FFS! Harsh in the extreme!!  saved the club from extinction,  got us promoted, signed a useful up and coming manager backed Evatt in January with top signings, paid off creditors, and all that that is negated by one poor decision. Who’d be a football club owner.

• Moderators

That's exactly the attitude that got us where we are now. Flying high for years, treated the customers like absolute shite, with utter contempt. Yet they got away with it because we were in Europe etc. Now it doesn't wash. This is all clearly a massive mistake, and the fall guy is the new mon they've brought in. No matter what he does now, this will be the tag associated with him. They owe it to him to sort this shitstorm out as he doesn't come across as a total prick.

To lift a quote from him ""We want to integrate and collaborate with local businesses and partners and just do some of the things that put people first and not money, money is important but let's put people first."

This clearly isn't putting people first, not able to take their kids, family and friends to a game without registering them as a member, it's clearly nonsense and goes against this. Time for a U-turn.

• Members

It needs u-turning alright 

Even if every member got 4 allocated spaces they could use and all it took was for the main member to put their name in that would be a start.

But a flawed system where we can’t even buy tickets isn’t acceptable 

genuine  story from sunday.

i have 3 season tickets none of us were going to stockport game as it clashed with my daughters football . on route to her game at around 1.30 she called me to tell me she had to pull out of the squad due to pulling up during warm up. At this point me and mrs  were on the m60 just passed traf centre we spun round and went home we live just off junction 6 of the m61.

We could and would have easily made the game but we couldnt go because we have not yet made ourselves members and the ticket office was shut . 2 tickets and probably another £20 in the ground lost.

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

I thought season ticket holders were automatically set up as members? This is confusing as fuck 

They are, or at least i was.

Being a ST holder means you've a CRN assigned to your account and any other other peoples CRNs youve bought tickets online for over the years are on your account too. Could buy a ticket for Grampa Spencer even though hes been dead for a few years now.