Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Tried to get Stockport tickets, I'm a S/T holder and I joined the membership over a week ago.  Just says This Event Is Not Available To You.  TBH I can live without going, its on TV and that away end looks cold, but just another example, its not good enough.

Its absolutely shambolic & yet again nothing from the club, do they really give a toss about the fans struggles getting tickets through this absolutely abysmal, shocking membership scheme ?

Is anyone at the club listening to the supporters ?, it appears not. 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Super Bock said:

The website doesn't seem to want to process my payment for tomorrow night. I've tried several cards, so it's not down to the bank as the website suggests. Very odd. Nobody picks up at the ticket office either. It's painful.

I’d suggest ringing the switchboard and asking for the ticket office

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I left joining in case any problems came about il let it auto join next season 

Don't think the joining is the issue. 

The system afterwards just seems wank.

Unless they fix that, then auto enrolment next season will still be wank

4 hours ago, Super Bock said:

The website doesn't seem to want to process my payment for tomorrow night. I've tried several cards, so it's not down to the bank as the website suggests. Very odd. Nobody picks up at the ticket office either. It's painful.

I had a similar issue just now when trying to buy Stockport tickets. Kept telling me to try a valid card number even though it was correct and is the one I use on there all the time (MasterCard). Tried my debit card (Visa) and it worked straight away so not sure whether that’s something to consider. 

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Far too much talk of "sets of data", and no acknowledgement that for many people the problem hasn't been signing up but purchasing tickets after signing up.

What a poor, dismissive attitude.

12 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Far too much talk of "sets of data", and no acknowledgement that for many people the problem hasn't been signing up but purchasing tickets after signing up.

What a poor, dismissive attitude.

Yes he comes across as being arrogant, data this & data that, a person who doesn't know the club, the area, the fans and doesn't really want to. As others have said no acknowledgment whatsoever for the many loyal fans still encountering issues

He needs to change his attitude quickly otherwise he could quite easily piss even more fans off than he has with his abysmal membership scheme. I can't see him being here long if he carries on being this arrogant & dismissive of the fans concerns.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It's to identify trouble makers, collecting data and more data without telling us of any benefits.

The only interesting bit of that article was about the Rotherham fan being sparked out on his back..... lovely stuff.

I'm not sure how a sparked out Rotherham fan outside the stadium is relevant.

Are you only allowed to spark folk out if your a member?

4 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

I'm not sure how a sparked out Rotherham fan outside the stadium is relevant.

I think he was using it as a way to make his point that football disorder is on the rise.

Im not excusing the incidents he has seen, but there's been issues outside that part of the ground since it was built, and I wouldn't mind he's come from a club where its actively hostile outside the ground and makes ours feel like a tennis event in comparison.

I'm actually onboard with the need to modernise the workings of the club including ticketing but it's framed in quite a strange way in that article, like there's serious and urgent issues with fans that need dealing with right now even if it means rushing things through and I'm not sure we're at that point.

If that's his first communication with the supporters it's piss poor one.

Arrogant and condescending and absolutely no acknowledgement of the problems people have had with the system.

Basically saying, get with the times people. You're nowt but a line in a CRM system, and an email address to fire marketing bullshit at.

8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

This is GMP driven just fucking say it man 

Just listening to Iles' podcast now and it does sound mainly driven by police as the club was on its "last warning" after what happened v Exeter during lockdown and that they were looking to increase policing at games which would drive up costs etc.

Edit - podcast was recorded before he interviewed the chap.

Edited by Marc505

6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Just listening to Iles' podcast now and it does sound mainly driven by police as the club was on its "last warning" after what happened v Exeter during lockdown and that they were looking to increase policing at games which would drive up costs etc.

Told you mate the police have had a hard on for us for ages

now not condoning some actions but they seriously need to wake up and compare it what happens at many grounds across the uk

Also just read some bolton fan got attacked  after the game at Plymouth surely it was too wet to be bothering with kicking off 

Edited by radcliffe white

47 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Vocal minority

Yet it was a minority in the Wigan game that fast tracked this through. 

Cmon Neil

I tell you what yes there's some very vocal moaners on BWFC twitter, but possibly worse are the very vocal sycophants. Fuck me club could announce all the seats are being turned to face away from pitch and people would be defending it.

Horrible thing twitter. Horrible but unfortunately indispensable.

5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Told you mate the police have had a hard on for us for ages

now not condoning some actions but they seriously need to wake up and compare it what happens at many grounds across the uk

Also just read some bolton fan got attacked  after the game at Plymouth surely it was too wet to be bothering with kicking off 

Why are they so arsed about us though? The more people get treated like trouble makers, the more people will act up to it.

Heard nothing about something happening af Plymouth, that rain afterwards was bad enough to make me just want to be at home with a brew!