Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership

radcliffe white

Yeah, none of this deciding over a few beers on a Friday night to travel to the other side of the country to watch a game anymore.

Not sure removing that element of choice is a forward step.

We have the 'lets throw something onto the pitch' tosser's to thank for this.

The idiots, who don't care if any harm is done to the club (financial or otherwise) as a result of their immature actions will now need to decide if they can behave inside the ground or, if not, cannot risk having their details known & therefore daren't enter the ground - Good riddance to all those!

Edited by JOGLER

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’m working on the assumption that they’ve seen their arses about the trouble against Wigan and not having the details for some of the trouble makers. 

What happened v Wigan, was there some fighting? or do you just mean the bottlethrowing and sign dismantling

There has been a resurgence this season generally, just this weekend Coventry steamed into Derby, Tottenham opened the doors under the stand to fight with West Ham and the Blackpool police stood watching and let the local lads do Preston, even Leeds bounced back from their humiliation at United to do Wolves, but Bolton v Wigan? I was there till 6pm and saw nowt

8 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

What happened v Wigan, was there some fighting? or do you just mean the bottlethrowing and sign dismantling

There has been a resurgence this season generally, just this weekend Coventry steamed into Derby, Tottenham opened the doors under the stand to fight with West Ham and the Blackpool police stood watching and let the local lads do Preston, even Leeds bounced back from their humiliation at United to do Wolves, but Bolton v Wigan? I was there till 6pm and saw nowt

Seen that on Facebook trouble through the game and Derby getting legged after

The last few posts have just reminded me… a few people in ESL got asked to leave (or at least moved) by stewards in IL3 and IL4. Think I saw 3 separate instances during the first half. 

Related to the bottle chucking perhaps?

1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I’m sure it can be dismissed to “just” bottle throwing given the referee actually signalled to take the players off the field, and it was only Eoin Doyle appealing to the crowd that prevented that. Pretty unprecedented, isn’t it?

That’s not to say that I necessarily support the change as I think we need to do be doing everything we can to nurture new support rather than discouraging walk up fans, but I get the impression the club has faced pressure from elsewhere. Especially as this is a stark contrast to reintroducing cash turnstiles earlier in the season. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt

Pay good money, come in, tolerate poor service, sit down, say nothing (for fear of offending someone), watch the game and go home. 

Oh and we want to know everything about you before you even get the privilege of being lucky enough to buy a ticket in the first place. 

Where do i apply?

The more I think about it the more I'm against it. As well as the point l made about the casual and first time fan being put off. I find this who thing a possible infringement on folks privacy. Why should the club have the right to know the name and address of all it's customers? Imagine if you had to give the cinema, a restaurant etc.. your home details before you could go. It's all a bit too Big Brother for my liking.

Edited by Underpants

• Site Supporter

I agree undies - think this is a massive shoot themselves in the foot scheme.

I'm ultimately likely to have to join for away tickets but giving serious consideration to not bothering with the FA cup tie as my little protest against it.

I don't see why I should have to join up to a little scheme when i'm already a season ticket holder and lifeline member just for the right to buy an away ticket

Correct me if I'm wrong, at the moment if a fan without an ST rings up and wants a ticket to a game, I assume the fan gives their name and address so the ticket can be posted, hence the club has their details.

To me it's like being a member of the caravan & camping club, you get benefits on certain campsites etc... 

Although we have yet to hear about the benefits.

Edited by Mr Grey

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If this is a way of stopping morons continually embarrassing our club then I'm all for it.

Take this sort of thing to an extreme then it's a national ID system for us all next. It will help them control the social riff-raff will it not Daz 🤔

Edited by Underpants

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, at the moment if a fan without an ST rings up and wants a ticket to a game, I assume the fan gives his name and address so the ticket can be posted, hence the club has their details.

To me it's like being a member of the caravan & camping club, you get benefits on certain campsites etc... 

Although we have yet to hear about the benefits.

Currently you can just call in at the ticket office and buy a ticket without giving any details though.  This will no longer be an option.

1 minute ago, Underpants said:

Take this sort of thing to an extreme then it's a national ID system for us all next. It will help them control the social riff-raff will it not Daz 🤔

I'd have no problem with a Nation ID scheme either.  I don't wear a tinfoil hat and think the Government's out to get me,.

2 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

If you've nowt to hide or nowt to worry about in terms of how you behave at the match then I don't see why you wouldn't sign up. 

Oh dear. That old argument. Take that thought into the wider world. 

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I'd have no problem with a Nation ID scheme either.  I don't wear a tinfoil hat and think the Government's out to get me,.

Neither do I. But I still wouldn't want to give the government or my football club info they don't really need.

Edited by Underpants

What disappoints me most about this isn't the fact it is being introduced, but the lack of a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it.

Since day 1 FV have appeared to be open and transparent with the fans, but yesterday's statement was a bit woolly.

C'mon, Mrs Brittan, (a) tell us the full story and (b) what's in it for us long-suffring ST holders? Another board with our names on?

• Members
2 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Neither do I. But I still wouldn't want to give the government or my football club info they don't really need.

You mean your name and address?

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Currently you can just call in at the ticket office and buy a ticket without giving any details though.  This will no longer be an option.

I'm playing devil's advocate here:

what are the pros to having a membership scheme, depends on the benefits ?

What are the cons, depends for what reasons and why the club are implementing it, could that be a negative or a con ?