Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

New club membership


radcliffe white
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

What disappoints me most about this isn't the fact it is being introduced, but the lack of a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it.

Since day 1 FV have appeared to be open and transparent with the fans, but yesterday's statement was a bit woolly.

C'mon, Mrs Brittan, (a) tell us the full story and (b) what's in it for us long-suffring ST holders? Another board with our names on?

They should've just said they're doing it as a way to easily identify and ban fans that give a bad name to the club.  Surely nobody would have an issue with that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Traf said:

What disappoints me most about this isn't the fact it is being introduced, but the lack of a clear explanation of the reasoning behind it.

Since day 1 FV have appeared to be open and transparent with the fans, but yesterday's statement was a bit woolly.

C'mon, Mrs Brittan, (a) tell us the full story and (b) what's in it for us long-suffring ST holders? Another board with our names on?

Spot on.

Also I think a clear out may take them by surprise of how many they would actually clear out. Slippery slope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Anyway I've nothing to hide, signed up this morning.

Name: Dan Sinqueen

Address: 1815 Waterloo Road 

Country: Sweden

Parents: Mal & Mo

Bingo 👌

 

Parents : Fern & Do , surely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

You try and buy a ticket in the home end of premier league clubs with modern stadiums and you need a membership no. It’s a safety aspect and it’s also a requirement to meet certain criteria to host certain games nowadays. 
 

So if FV are thinking long term and want to get into the PL then this will happen anyways.
 

If you try and buy an England ticket you need to register your details you even need to be part of the supporters club.

You buy gig tickets you have to register. 

You buy items from a website you need to register your details

It’s not an extreme practice. Not sure what the issue is but hey ho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You try and buy a ticket in the home end of premier league clubs with modern stadiums and you need a membership no. It’s a safety aspect and it’s also a requirement to meet certain criteria to host certain games nowadays. 
 

So if FV are thinking long term and want to get into the PL then this will happen anyways.
 

If you try and buy an England ticket you need to register your details you even need to be part of the supporters club.

You buy gig tickets you have to register. 

You buy items from a website you need to register your details

It’s not an extreme practice. Not sure what the issue is but hey ho

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club is needed to put fans minds at rest.

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Then that's all Sharon & co needed to communicate.

Still fairly new to running a club, a business is different you don’t have such an invested group of people that you’re making decisions for. 
This is probably standard in their business eyes and thought yeah this is what we need to do going forward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club I needed to put fans minds at rest.

Yeah of course.  Like I said they aren’t perfect but so far they’ve been brilliant. They will make mistakes and learn from them, probably made as a business decision. Might be part of their long plan and don’t feel like they need to reveal every detail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

You try and buy a ticket in the home end of premier league clubs with modern stadiums and you need a membership no. It’s a safety aspect and it’s also a requirement to meet certain criteria to host certain games nowadays. 
 

So if FV are thinking long term and want to get into the PL then this will happen anyways.
 

If you try and buy an England ticket you need to register your details you even need to be part of the supporters club.

You buy gig tickets you have to register. 

You buy items from a website you need to register your details

It’s not an extreme practice. Not sure what the issue is but hey ho

The argument goes that this is being forced upon us with little to no consultation, and it is unnecessary.

 

It seems we are all being treated with suspicion and more like customers than fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club is needed to put fans minds at rest.

And if it's a 50/50 split on here amongst a group who are generally pretty reasonable and pro-club, imagine what's going on at Facebook & Twitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Underpants said:

The argument goes that this is being forced upon us with little to no consultation, and it is unnecessary.

 

It seems we are all being treated with suspicion and more like customers than fans.

Make it easier to implement a COVID passport or any other passport for that matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Is it reasonable to ask the club their reasons for implementing it ?

It's a change in policy, when you change policy a rationale is needed.

I personally don't have a problem with it, amongst fans on here it seems a 50/50 split.

So far Sharon has been honest  and up front, perhaps a follow on statement from the club is needed to put fans minds at rest.

Did you not read the article?

 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/wanderers-launch-official-membership/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I did, like I said, I personally don't have aproblem with it, some fans are asking for more clarity.

And surely a football club membership has to come with some form of benefits, being a member of a close knit football club won't be enough for some, if you want all fans to buy into it, put some more detail out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, L/H White said:

getting all hysterical again here

the year is 2021 and all your details are easy enough to obtain if needed anyway

get on with it, massive massive fannys

I wouldn't say it's getting hysterical, its more a reasoned debate were some fans have concerns.

 

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.