Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

4 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m sure if we can get nearly 3k against port vale in the pizza cup we can muster a few more in the fa cup 

Although it was free for 90% of us against Vale!  So the attendance for that also spoke volumes about fans interest in that particular cup.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm in + 1.
Not selling 5k tickets to 10k+ ST holders is piss poor, frankly.

I don't give a shit about...
it's only Stockport/the membership scheme/it's not free/it's on a Sunday etc etc

FFS, even if we had to physically go to the ground to buy tickets like we had to do pre-internet, we should be selling more than 5k.

I agree, of course 5k is the absolute minimum "respectable" home crowd, but some on here said they did go to the ticket office to buy tickets, and for one reason or another that I won't go over, came away with no tickets, or less tickets than they went for.  Without judging anyone, that's plain daft if true and is a contributory factor, not an excuse.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/fa-cup/fixtures-results

Today's attendances, the fact we have 'only'  sold 6k home tickets does not look so bad in comparison does it ? 

If we could just keep it quiet that Stockport sold 5k, most fans nationally would think maybe 2k away fans, if there's 11k on it will look like we've really turned out for this, what loyal fans BWFC have.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If we could just keep it quiet that Stockport sold 5k, most fans nationally would think maybe 2k away fans, if there's 11k on it will look like we've really turned out for this, what loyal fans BWFC have.

It'll be all over twitter on football away days by 5pm. 

FACT. 

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

I've got a ticket 

But I'm seriously considering canning it

Piss poor for the FA cup this

(I'll still go, need a break from missus and baby)

Not a comment on you at all, but that just prompted me to think, 3 months ago the thought of actually going to a BW game seemed like the best Christmas present ever.  6 months ago I wasn't sure if it would happen in the foreseeable.  9 months ago I wasn't sure if we'd still be an EFL club now.  2 years or so ago we expected to go out of business.  So it will take a lot for me to go from the excitement of being allowed back at our favourite place, to it being a chore to pay £10 to turn up for an afternoon FA Cup tie that we expect to win.

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not a comment on you at all, but that just prompted me to think, 3 months ago the thought of actually going to a BW game seemed like the best Christmas present ever.  6 months ago I wasn't sure if it would happen in the foreseeable.  9 months ago I wasn't sure if we'd still be an EFL club now.  2 years or so ago we expected to go out of business.  So it will take a lot for me to go from the excitement of being allowed back at our favourite place, to it being a chore to pay £10 to turn up for an afternoon FA Cup tie that we expect to win.

fucking spot on

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

free freedom GIF

Are people more concerned that we are selling a relatively low number of tickets or that Stockport have sold so many ? 

if we were playing someone else who had sold 500 tickets do not think there would be so much fuss. 

15 minutes ago, Ani said:

Are people more concerned that we are selling a relatively low number of tickets or that Stockport have sold so many ? 

if we were playing someone else who had sold 500 tickets do not think there would be so much fuss. 

Depends if we can't even muster 3k or not. 

My bro has asked about tickets tonight. Season ticket holder. Told him what he needs to do. He's fucking it off. 

He won't be the only one. 

Shit timing to bring this membership bollocks in. 

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Depends if we can't even muster 3k or not. 

My bro has asked about tickets tonight. Season ticket holder. Told him what he needs to do. He's fucking it off. 

He won't be the only one. 

Shit timing to bring this membership bollocks in. 

He doesn't need to do anything.

Not that that's a criticism.  I ain't going because the upper tiers are closed.

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

He doesn't need to do anything.

Not that that's a criticism.  I ain't going because the upper tiers are closed.

Maybe not as a STH

He's on about bringing his kid and one of his kids mates though. 

So he has to register his kid for a client ref 

And also his kids mate for a client ref and them membership. 

Previously he'd had rung up gave his client ref and had all 3 purchased in 5 mins. 

Shit. Show. 

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Maybe not as a STH

Previously he'd had rung up gave his client ref and had all 3 purchased in 5 mins. 

Shit. Show. 

Aye. Massive load of bollox

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, stevieb said:

To be fair that’s all it would still take, apart from you’d/he’d be adding a name, email and address. 

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, desperado said:

To be fair that’s all it would still take, apart from you’d/he’d be adding an name, email and address. 

TBH I was tempted to take my daughter and her friend, we have 2 seasons tickets so that's not an issue, but i can't just register the details of a random 11 year old girl that hasn't been before. 

Small amount of things like that do add up. 

They should have the ability to add a guest to each membership, The sold tickets would still come back to you in the event of any "trouble"

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

TBH I was tempted to take my daughter and her friend, we have 2 seasons tickets so that's not an issue, but i can't just register the details of a random 11 year old girl that hasn't been before. 

Small amount of things like that do add up. 

They should have the ability to add a guest to each membership, The sold tickets would still come back to you in the event of any "trouble"

You’re right I’m not disagreeing with you or the fact that the process has issues/glitches and lots of the things mentioned on here would have improved and made the system more efficient. 

Re the daughters friend you’d have to get permission from her parents to add her details to become a member. Once you’d done this it’s a few minutes. But as you say it’s the small things adding up and not being able to be spontaneous (or deal with things quicker/more efficiently) with buying tickets/going to the match that’s putting folk off - I get it.

It goes back to how much folk want to get a ticket/go to the match. Once I knew this week that my daughter wanted tickets as part of her birthday, I knew I was going to make sure I sorted it out. It wasn’t as straightforward as it should have been, but in the end it was an extra 5/10 minutes of my time.

Hardly wagging a morning off College to queue up for 5 hours at Burnden to be told we’ve sold out as I get to the front of the queue. Or put my written application in first, to end up at the bottom of the pile and miss out first time for league cup final tickets 😊

Edited by desperado

1 hour ago, desperado said:

You’re right I’m not disagreeing with you or the fact that the process has issues/glitches and lots of the things mentioned on here would have improved and made the system more efficient. 

Re the daughters friend you’d have to get permission from her parents to add her details to become a member. Once you’d done this it’s a few minutes. But as you say it’s the small things adding up and not being able to be spontaneous (or deal with things quicker/more efficiently) with buying tickets/going to the match that’s putting folk off - I get it.

It goes back to how much folk want to get a ticket/go to the match. Once I knew this week that my daughter wanted tickets as part of her birthday, I knew I was going to make sure I sorted it out. It wasn’t as straightforward as it should have been, but in the end it was an extra 5/10 minutes of my time.

Hardly wagging a morning off College to queue up for 5 hours at Burnden to be told we’ve sold out as I get to the front of the queue. Or put my written application in first, to end up at the bottom of the pile and miss out first time for league cup final tickets 😊

It’s not a hassle at all for those that want to go Desperado, but the posts on here illustrate the problems of bringing others with you, or for casual fans who just want to attend an odd game. I believe the club have massively misunderstood the number of these and will pay for it in lost revenue. I’m a die hard of long standing but until I have to, I’m not going to be forced to join a membership I don’t want and so I won’t be attending any games other than with my ST. If some think that’s silly, I don’t care, I’m hoping that it makes the club realise they’ve got this wrong and need to drop the idea altogether.

• Site Supporter

Everyone will wish they’d joined the membership scheme when they can’t get a ticket for the final.

I will say it’s been a right old faff.

My lad wants to take his girlfriend but she doesn’t want to join up as it’s unlikely she’ll go again. He can’t now sit with his mates because it all got a bit messy and in all honesty they could have waited until next week to introduce this.

Theres still too many folk using it as an excuse not to go, like. Just say if you can’t be arsed, it’s not a dick swinging contest.

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Maybe not as a STH

Shit. Show. 

That’s pathetic isn’t it. I’ve had to give my client ref to someone so I couldn’t rock up now if I wanted too.

Its a massive own goal. All this because a few plastic bottles were thrown that landed on no one. Ridiculous 

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Actually

Ive joined up as a member but still can’t buy a ticket. What the fucks going on?

You and plenty of other, if social media is anthing to go by.

I think you have to either ring the ticket office or send a screenshot of the error message via tweet to the BWFC Tickets twitter account.

🙃🙃🙃