Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

I reckon there could easily have been 14/15 k on for this game, the weather has turned and think we’d have a decent walk up if it was cash turnstiles,  with all the issues would think we’re lucky if we hit 11k that’s a massive loss to the club and it’ll continue to be a cash loser, it’s utter madness & if the Supporters trust are involved with this they need to help resolve it. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

26 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Surely this should be up to kick off time 

16 minutes ago, L/H White said:

they should have abandoned ship on this during the week and made it pay on the day

Those were never going to be an option once Stockport sold out. Similar example to Wigan away in the League Cup when they had about 16,000 empty seats in their end but had to stop selling 8 hours before kick off. 

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Those were never going to be an option once Stockport sold out. Similar example to Wigan away in the League Cup when they had about 16,000 empty seats in their end but had to stop selling 8 hours before kick off. 

I was thinking more of allowing home fans more time to sort any membership issues out which some seem to be having 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Everyone will wish they’d joined the membership scheme when they can’t get a ticket for the final.

I will say it’s been a right old faff.

My lad wants to take his girlfriend but she doesn’t want to join up as it’s unlikely she’ll go again. He can’t now sit with his mates because it all got a bit messy and in all honesty they could have waited until next week to introduce this.

Theres still too many folk using it as an excuse not to go, like. Just say if you can’t be arsed, it’s not a dick swinging contest.

Fact is they won't, because even for a final or a play off or a Man U home game, we rely on none partisan folk to make up the numbers.  Those Wembley trips when we were nearly always outnumbered, well next time we're going to be even more outnumbered because of all the reasons stated.  Portsmouth or Plymouth in a play off final won't be telling their fans and hangers on they have to join a scheme to qualify to buy a £60 ticket for a game that's on TV.

If it was the law to have a membership scheme it would be easier to take, this feels like we've got one hand tied behind our back and we're giving our opponents an advantage.

Mrs at work. Could be home for 2.30pm, but could be after 3pm. She doesn’t know. With that in mind, can’t make a decision. If she rocked up at 2.30 - I could still jump in the car and drive, park up and pay on the gate. Its a shame that option has been removed for a game that’s nowhere near a sellout. Anyway, that’s my excuse. Is it on any TV?

7 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Mrs at work. Could be home for 2.30pm, but could be after 3pm. She doesn’t know. With that in mind, can’t make a decision. If she rocked up at 2.30 - I could still jump in the car and drive, park up and pay on the gate. Its a shame that option has been removed for a game that’s nowhere near a sellout. Anyway, that’s my excuse. Is it on any TV?

Nope. On nothing 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

In hindsight it should have been rolled out from next season if it needed to be done. But I doubt BWFC were the only ones pushing for it 

I’m not sure.

How come we are the only ones that have done it.

It was a few bottles. Massive own goal. 

We are trying to make it hard to get to a first round FA cup game. Sounds mental reading that back