Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I think that's been a factor since day one, like style of play is more important than who's on the pitch at times.  It can just seem blinkered. 

I've no problem with sticking with wanting to play football, but you have to earn that right by winning your battles.

That has disappeared, and at the moment Evatt doesn't seem to have a pragmatic aspect to him to play in a horses for courses way.

Two midfielders tonight, a winger at right back (who did OK)

Started the season believing in themselves and their ability, but unlike Evatt as a player, they don't have that aggression and fight.

Desperately short of some on field leadership, and some coaching in certain areas off it.

Dare I say it, but there may also be something more fundamentally wrong too: the Sarc event may have left a legacy.

Not been right in fact since the new fella came in; the one with all the knowledge of membership schemes. Is he a bad omen?

1 minute ago, DaveTheRave said:

Stockport were miles better than us tonight and fully deserved the win. 

They were miles better in the first game too tbf. 

I was hoping the Latics game was going to be enough of a wake up call but fuck me the three and a half hours against Stockport have been another level.

Need to be some players looking at themselves in the mirror after that. 

5 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

We’ll done Stockport, fantastic performance from every one of them and they fully deserved that. Questions must be asked of every one of the players tonight after that.no fight, no skill, no effort, just awful, awful, awful.

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The way Stockport played reminded me of some of our White Hot days.....

Fit, brave and with a good bit of quality. 

That squad is on its arse and desperately needs some signings come January. 

Sarce is a shithouse clearly. 

These 

Unlucky lads, we nearly held on from the 27th minute there at Anfield. You know, Klopps Liverpool are relentless & with crossers like Trent-Robbo putting balls into your box it's inevattable that they'll break through... we was? playing mid table non league Stockport? Didn't win one fucking 50-50 all game, fluked a 3-1 lead then didn't cross the half way line and we love participating in defending crossing drills. Quigley is x2 better than all our strikers put together and we're a fucking L1 team supposedly. No doubt the excuses will the magic of the FA CUP and all that bollocks but we rolled over. They absolutely dominated us all game. The worst part is that 120 minutes will have took out a lot before this buys schedule with a squad falling to pieces. Kachunga was basically playing Right back.