Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

Just now, dusan nikolic said:

After the last few years I thought I had  become thick skinned to embarrassing displays but that was a new low for me .

The concern for me was the total disorganisation of the team and worryingly I.E didn't seem to have a clue how to address it .

The most embarrassing result in the clubs history! Where are all the Evatt lovers now! Cheese!

The idea Santos escapes criticism is a joke. The third goal he misses the ball, others were worse but he was not good. 

a midfield 2 of Thomason and Lee gets over run , there is a surprise. Our lack of depth in the squad is scarey. 

The amount of times in second half players just ran into Stockport players was bizarre. Every player was shite. 

Isgrove was taken apart tonight whether he is right back or not. He also lost the ball numerous times when going forward.Johnson has no presence in defence, he is particularly weak in the air and his errant passing gave away one goal tonight and his lack of presence another. Declan John seemed incapable of getting the ball forward and lost the ball on numerous occasions. Delfonso is, well Delfonso but he is one of our subs so what does that say about our squad. However good you think these players are we were murdered by a more skilful determined team from two leagues lower and at least four or five of them would walk into Bolton’s squad.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll throw in Thomason he’s not league 1 and never a CDM in the memory of man. 

Watching that, be can hardly be blamed when senior players just strutt around. At least he put a shift in, as did Lee, but what the fuck are two midfielders expected to do?

We play with three attacking players, who on tonight's showing simply don't work hard enough. Baka seems to be a stranger at times, they don't appear to be a unit, and don't understand how he wants to play. He's on his heels at times, and in the end the balls were just lumped up to him. Even then, too often there is no support.

It was an abject display from preparation and coaching to delivery and commitment. 

For the first time, I'm asking myself if Evatt is a just too blinkered and stubborn. No matter where his career takes him, he has to be able to respond to situations and learn how to adapt his team accordingly. 

In the end, we had absolutely no fucking idea.

Thank god that wasn’t a league game.   We looked shagged after 45mins, breathing out our arses.  After Sunday I was expecting much more than that, togetherness for a team member and the club earning our respect.   Something isn’t right, something has upset them players because we know they can play, there’s no way they was playing for the manager tonight.

Just now, Deanu said:

We may have to sell Dapo, get the coin & strengthen all other areas of the XI. Can't get far being a one man team, all they have to do is double up on him & that's us beaten.

Well if any potential buyers were watching tonight, they might be having second thoughts

2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

After the last few years I thought I had  become thick skinned to embarrassing displays but that was a new low for me .

The concern for me was the total disorganisation of the team and worryingly I.E didn't seem to have a clue how to address it .

The plan seemed to be limp over the line 3-2 as we hardly left our own half after half time until it was too late. Completely out fought and out played.

10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm not blaming the players on this, what was the system? How are we competing? Where is the defence? Not one player looked like a leader tonight, there was no visible plan.

I'm just not sure that IE can adapt beyond a gameplan that won't work against every team and with the players he has.

No matter what system you play you put in 100% especially when you’re playing the pressing game. Not one of them did, everyone of those players takes some blame along with the manager.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That was as bad as under Hill, the club needs to back him in January and see where we end up, let’s not get knee jerk I expect a reaction and hopefully we get one. 

Genuine question, aside from Accrington when we had 10 men, when was it ever that bad under Hill?  But he talked nonsense in interviews so team selections, transfers and tactics were irrelevant.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

The idea Santos escapes criticism is a joke. The third goal he misses the ball, others were worse but he was not good. 

a midfield 2 of Thomason and Lee gets over run , there is a surprise. Our lack of depth in the squad is scarey. 

The amount of times in second half players just ran into Stockport players was bizarre. Every player was shite. 

Bit harsh on Santos. Won just about everything chucked his way. Was just a bit too high for him- he can't be expected to be everywhere. Needs help from others, but Johnston has gone right off, and is a bit lightweight at times.

Baka not in the best position to help neither when defending set pieces. A big lad but in no man's land at times.

Some real coaching needed here. Surprisingly so, as Evatt was a centre half.

Just now, royal white said:

No matter what system you play you put in 100% especially when you’re playing the pressing game. Not one of them did, everyone of those players takes some blame along with the manager.

Are they playing a 'pressing game' though? I didn't see any practiced team press at all, looks like a team set up for front foot with wingers. All good with the ball, but fuck all idea without it.

And that is down to the management and coaching.

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Genuine question, aside from Accrington when we had 10 men, when was it ever that bad under Hill?  But he talked nonsense in interviews so team selections, transfers and tactics were irrelevant.

This cannot be a serious question?

Not only was the man a colossal bellend, he was also completely and utterly shambolic in everything he did from tactics and gameplay to transfers.

Don't even know who to blame. Everyone was at fault tonight.

Bringing Aimson on for Sheehan at 2-3, you'd think it would have made us harder to break down but we became more open and they bossed us.

Our players shirked out of challenges while theirs were aggressive. We were playing aimless and sloppy passes while they were sharp and accurate.

Don't know what's gone on tonight. Players should be better than that. Hopefully just a really bad day at the office and nothing more sinister.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Are they playing a 'pressing game' though? I didn't see any practiced team press at all, looks like a team set up for front foot with wingers. All good with the ball, but fuck all idea without it.

And that is down to the management and coaching.

Fuck all idea with the ball either tbf.. 

Just now, Anderson said:

This cannot be a serious question?

Not only was the man a colossal bellend, he was also completely and utterly shambolic in everything he did from tactics and gameplay to transfers.

I can't be bothered going into it but that's utter nonsense in my opinion but I respect yours.  And yes he's a bellend, nobody disagrees with that.  And so if you could just remind me which game was worse than tonight, aside from Accrington?

5 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

True that. I dont care its "just the FA Cup". We have had our pants pulled down by a non league outfit. Never mind how well they played we were shocking. There can be no doubt now our defence isn't good enough- the evidence has always been there in the league. No leaders soft as shite and woefully lacking in strikers. Kachunga & Baka nowhere near good enough for league one. For me more embarrassing and disheartening than Wigan game that tonight.

5 minutes ago, Paul Morgan said:

Isgrove was taken apart tonight whether he is right back or not. He also lost the ball numerous times when going forward.Johnson has no presence in defence, he is particularly weak in the air and his errant passing gave away one goal tonight and his lack of presence another. Declan John seemed incapable of getting the ball forward and lost the ball on numerous occasions. Delfonso is, well Delfonso but he is one of our subs so what does that say about our squad. However good you think these players are we were murdered by a more skilful determined team from two leagues lower and at least four or five of them would walk into Bolton’s squad.

On tonights performance none of the team is of the right standard, but it is just that one performance.  You said they were clearly not league 1 standard, at all. I disagree with isgrove and John. Jury still out on Johnston but you can have Delfonso.

Playing people out of position clearly impacts them, especially when you provide them with no protection in midfield whatsoever. For most of that second half it looked like we didn't have a midfield,  so no wonder a right winger playing at right back was in trouble