Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Are they playing a 'pressing game' though? I didn't see any practiced team press at all, looks like a team set up for front foot with wingers. All good with the ball, but fuck all idea without it.

And that is down to the management and coaching.

It looked like it to start and he’s mentioned it previously, regardless when you have players who aren’t pressing in pressing positions, who aren’t chasing back, who aren’t able to make 10 yard passes then the blame lies as much with them. 

• Moderators

Thomason is shite, but I have been trying to tell you that for 2 seasons. 
Luckily, he doesnt really get near the team we put out in the league.

A few quid in the bank for the 1st round of the FA Cup and we can concentrate on finishing mid table now.

Wembley is shit anyhows.

Every club has been beaten in a giant killing, today was ours. It will happen again.

Move on and chill out.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah. Sorry I meant when teams give them time with the ball.

I know 😁. There has to be some serious work done on our defending or Evatt will fall on his sword, you just can't keep conceding the number og goals we do & expect anything other than relegation battles. 

Just now, royal white said:

It looked like it to start and he’s mentioned it previously, regardless when you have players who aren’t pressing in pressing positions, who aren’t chasing back, who aren’t able to make 10 yard passes then the blame lies as much with them. 

But look at teams who do press, and do it well. You can see the patterns, the way they know how and when to go. I just don't think thats how we play at the moment.

• Site Supporter
Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Fuck all idea with the ball either tbf.. 

Yep. 

I had a bad feeling about tonight, becasue of the story of players being a bit pissed on Sunday.

Missed the first few minutes, and was surprised to see us leading comfortably when I put it on.

From that moment onwards, we were abysmal all over.

Unlike Mounts, I don't see a response come Saturday, as it seems something has gone badly wrong.

Considering Wycombe appear to have lost their last 4 at home, it should be a good time to play them, but we know what that usually means.

1 minute ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

On tonights performance none of the team is of the right standard, but it is just that one performance.  You said they were clearly not league 1 standard, at all. I disagree with isgrove and John. Jury still out on Johnston but you can have Delfonso.

Playing people out of position clearly impacts them, especially when you provide them with no protection in midfield whatsoever. For most of that second half it looked like we didn't have a midfield,  so no wonder a right winger playing at right back was in trouble 

Yep. Go with most of that. And thing was it was obvious from 46th minute where game was heading. Now I know squad is stretched but tonight has really shaken my faith in Evatt more than players tbh

MJ was a huge miss for us tonight but I don’t think even he could have stopped County who just wanted it more than us. This is a game all their fans will talk about for years, so good luck to them, they fully deserved it as much as the players, over 5k at the UniBol and full house tonight and never stopped singing and chanting, even at 1-3 down. We’ll done County, fully deserved and good luck in the next round.

Thomason got left in the shit more like, you can look shit when you're 19 & exposed trying to patrol a whole team. If you're anchoring the team it's usually for the older heads who know what's around them. At least he was giving his team mates some during the game, all the others couldn't have give a fuck. Soft as shit!

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Calm down you fucking tarts.

Tonight was shit.

Its not like we were heading to Wembley. Rotherham away was a wank draw so I’ve decided it doesn’t matter.

Its a rebuild that’s hit a few snags but the foundations are still solid.

Evatt gets my backing, certainly this season.

Lets not turn into Tottenham fans please everyone.

I'm all for being calm and not being knee here and all that...

But, I just don't see it with IE, sorry. I know we got promoted and he has credit in the bank but even last season I just didn't see this 'style' he likes to go on about. 

What are we tactically? Also the weakness of our defense, but also midfield, letting teams bully us or just walk through us again and again.

He is paid to address this, and I don't think he is.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Deanu said:

Thomason got left in the shit more like, you can look shit when you're 19 & exposed trying to patrol a whole team. If you're anchoring the team it's usually for the older heads who know what's around them. At least he was giving his team mates some during the game, all the others couldn't have give a fuck. Soft as shit!

Totally agree with you there, Thomason was the boy with his finger in the dam.... Whilst a few around him didn't seem to give a damn. He's 19 ffs! 

Tonight was not just a “one off” performance it comes hard on the heels of abject displays against Plymouth and Wigan. Isgrove is quite clearly not a right back and if he played there, then that is where you must judge him. Remember he gave a penalty away tonight. Whether it is Evatt’ mistake in picking him there or whatever, he is clearly not up to standard as a full back.

Amongst the other problems we have is that with Comley and Sarcevic gone we have only four possible midfielders - Williams, Lee, Thomason and Sheehan. With Williams and Sheehan injured we have no one to fill in  so have to bring players on in other positions.

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Calm down you fucking tarts.

Tonight was shit.

Its not like we were heading to Wembley. Rotherham away was a wank draw so I’ve decided it doesn’t matter.

Its a rebuild that’s hit a few snags but the foundations are still solid.

Evatt gets my backing, certainly this season.

Lets not turn into Tottenham fans please everyone.

I tend to agree with this outlook but the current direction of travel is worrying.  We can't say we couldnt see this coming given our performances since the Wigan game

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm all for being calm and not being knee here and all that...

But, I just don't see it with IE, sorry. I know we got promoted and he has credit in the bank but even last season I just didn't see this 'style' he likes to go on about. 

What are we tactically? Also the weakness of our defense, but also midfield, letting teams bully us or just walk through us again and again.

He is paid to address this, and I don't think he is.

Agree

No plan B whatsoever

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Chuck in Rochdale away. 

I didn't see that so difficult to comment.  2-0 defeat, but they did have MJ Williams and Wilbraham, tough game!  We had Sonny Graham, Zouma and Edwards, and Faal came on for his debut.  Yes a very poor day, I'm going with tonight being a worse result taking everything into account.