Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

5 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Yep. Go with most of that. And thing was it was obvious from 46th minute where game was heading. Now I know squad is stretched but tonight has really shaken my faith in Evatt more than players tbh

Nah it just shows up the lack of depth for me, we are badly missing jones at RB, MJ in the middle as well and losing Sheehan meant that link between the front 3 and the midfield was gone. 

We don't have a leader though on the pitch, we saw last season the effect Gilks had with his organisation.  We are badly missing that this season, I think MJ does this to a degree and we missed that tonight.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Calm down you fucking tarts.

Tonight was shit.

Its not like we were heading to Wembley. Rotherham away was a wank draw so I’ve decided it doesn’t matter.

Its a rebuild that’s hit a few snags but the foundations are still solid.

Evatt gets my backing, certainly this season.

Lets not turn into Tottenham fans please everyone.

It's not a isolated incident

We've won 2 games in 9 

1 in the pizza cup and Crewe who are rock bottom 

Nowt to be calm about 

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tonight was shit.

Its not like we were heading to Wembley. Rotherham away was a wank draw so I’ve decided it doesn’t matter.

You really are a tit 

16 minutes ago, tkonion said:

Rochdale at home.

Shit defeat yes (1-3) but we took the lead in the 2nd half, I was at that game and the last half hour was dire but tonight the last 85 minutes plus E-T was pitiful.  Tonight was a worse 90 minute performance than any I can remember, it doesn't have to be the worst result, Stockport are better than many in league 2, but our own performance stank from about the 5th minute tonight and that hasn't happened often.

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tonight was shit.

Surprisingly agreeing with alot of your posts these days.... weird.

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tonight was shit.

IMO a fundamentally abject performance. A team that is "soft" and cannot deal with a physical team.

One of the most embarrassing performances I have seen in my 50 years of support.

31 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know all managerial jobs end in failure but given I've never warmed to IE and his game plans, do I get to be smug yet?

I just don't think he's up to it.

Of course, I'll be more than happy to be utter wrong and be eating a crate of humble pie at the end of the season.

You're always smug so no

Definitely need another DM in January. Lee and Sheehan are pretty players but don't offer much bite. Thomason is too young to step in and Tutte is injury prone as fuck.

Add that to the growing list - still need better competition at goalkeeper, striker, attacking midfield and full back. Possibly even central defence, Baptiste getting on and Johnston not playing well.

Embarrassing that.

i don’t really matter tho coz it was only the cup.

in a funny way i think it will work out.

I E gave a chance to several of the fringe players and loads of them confirmed what I already know ; they’re not good enough!

tommo, Bakayono, isgrove, fonz, kachunga, ameechi, Gordon, sorry to say not good enough but I reckon IE already knows that n I got full confidence that he will sort it to get s a mid table finish n build for next season.

5 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Embarrassing that.

I E gave a chance to several of the fringe players and loads of them confirmed what I already know ; they’re not good enough!

tommo, Bakayono, isgrove, fonz, kachunga, ameechi, Gordon, sorry to say not good enough but I reckon IE already knows that n I got full confidence that he will sort it to get s a mid table finish n build for next season.

Think we need give Amaechi a chance. 🤣

3 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Embarrassing that.

Isgrove was our only player creating anything tonight and was MOTM against Crewe. It’s Johnston and John who are complete bobbins plus young George isn’t good enough. Fonz doesn’t want to know