Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Maybe, will watch it again, still think it was a fluke mind, luck were having at the mo

John miles off the pace and let’s in an easy cross; their player uses Baps shoulders and it should have been a foul. Fluky header into top corner with Dixon in no mans space. 

• Site Supporter

Evatt has been getting more than you’d think reasonable out of a squad full of free transfers and rejects.

It was always going to reach a point where the strain of what he’s got to choose from showed.

We need a few results and quite honestly some more luck with injuries. The worst result today wasn’t the 1-0, it’s the loss of MJ.

Down but nowhere near out right now.

People pinning all this on Evatt are benders, but it’s up to them.

10 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Maybe, will watch it again, still think it was a fluke mind, luck were having at the mo

I'm relatively happy we gave a good account of ourselves, but not sure what you mean about luck - other than injuries. We got all the luck going at Stockport and still well beaten, got a crucial pen v Crewe that another ref might not have given, Wycombe missed a pen today and hit inside of post with ball rolling along the line. 

20 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

So unlucky but that the way it goes

kachungas contract needs terminating

neil how disappointed are you 1200 visiting fans

That chance he had down the right when he was free, got to be at least getting it on target. Fucking garbage him.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, woolli said:

I dont agree regards Dixon. If your coming for the ball, show some conviction, if you decide not to, stay back near your line, not in  no/mans land!

This is how I see him.

I don't agree that he doesn't come out- unfortunately quite a few times he's done so when he had no chance of getting it.

Certainly in two minds, and perhaps lacking some confidence in that aspect. Reminds me of a young Jussi.

Really bad luck with injuries, but, by the same token, Evatts  "marque" signings have been anything but! Kachunga, one of the worst i have seen in a Wanderers shirt, Baka, constantly injured, Ameochi, or whatever hes called, needs time, but we said that about Kachunga! Didnt think we played to badly today, but, weve now lost 8 games 'all season, and havent scored a goal in any of them! The Doyle injury is puzzling, touch and go against Stockport, and today? Were his he? 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If that was the case we would surely have scored against 2 or 3 of Sunderland, Sheff Wed, Burton, Pompey, Cambridge, Wycombe, Rotherham.  Fine margins, if we'd swapped keepers would any of those results have been different?  Not having a dig at either you or Dixon BTW, just asking the question, as our pressure doesn't always seem to result in a goal, but the opposition's pressure invariably means we concede.

We dont put keepers and centre halves under persistent pressure though with crosses. It's not the way we play, especially with one up top who doesn't particularly like heading it.

We all know we try to play a possession game and open a team up, rather than play the percentages. 

One isn't necessarily right or superior to the other; just simply that it's not working for us at both ends of the pitch currently. 

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

Really bad luck with injuries, but, by the same token, Evatts  "marque" signings have been anything but! Kachunga, one of the worst i have seen in a Wanderers shirt, Baka, constantly injured, Ameochi, or whatever hes called, needs time, but we said that about Kachunga! Didnt think we played to badly today, but, weve now lost 8 games 'all season, and havent scored a goal in any of them! The Doyle injury is puzzling, touch and go against Stockport, and today? Were his he? 

Marque signings WTF .Evatt’s had to scrape & scrounge the free transfer market trying to improve the squad.Beggars can’t be too choosy , all his summer signings are rejects from their previous clubs & that’s the market he is in unfortunately.

Going to be a battle now to stay in this league so we had better get behind them maybe we can strengthen in the next window, problem is Evatt is in the same market.

• Site Supporter

If your keeper is constantly under battle he's going to let them in.

If the defence is constantly under pressure they will get through..

Midfield is the issue.

MJ puts a shift in.  But Dapo goes missing,  Katchunga works well on the right but isn't a winger, Thommasson is very raw and new, Lee puts a shift in.

It just doesn't work for some reason. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, woolli said:

He’s injured. 
It takes years to set up a proper conditioning and fitness team. It’s a niche market to hire those staff. 
Needs the money for equipment. It’s a big operation. There’s an element of luck but I know for a fact their medical and rehabilitation resources are really stretched at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This is how I see him.

I don't agree that he doesn't come out- unfortunately quite a few times he's done so when he had no chance of getting it.

Certainly in two minds, and perhaps lacking some confidence in that aspect. Reminds me of a young Jussi.

I didnt say he doesnt come out, he does, but not convincingly. Yes, confidence could be an issue, but that isnt going to get any better soon due to whats in front of him! And, yes, Jussi was the same, but, by the same token, a much more reliable defence.

2 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Marque signings WTF .Evatt’s had to scrape & scrounge the free transfer market trying to improve the squad.Beggars can’t be too choosy , all his summer signings are rejects from their previous clubs & that’s the market he is in unfortunately.

Going to be a battle now to stay in this league so we had better get behind them maybe we can strengthen in the next window, problem is Evatt is in the same market.

Not quite, he has stated Kanchunga was tracked all through the summer, so free he may be but was Evatt's choice.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, woolli said:

I didnt say he doesnt come out, he does, but not convincingly. Yes, confidence could be an issue, but that isnt going to get any better soon due to whats in front of him! And, yes, Jussi was the same, but, by the same token, a much more reliable defence.

I was agreeing with you- but disagreeing with those who previously said he doesn't!

Perhaps didn't read so well :)

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

He chase Kachunga all summer by his own admission! He his no better than Arthur, who went to Morecambe, and Miller, who scored some vital goals for us.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Hes earned that imo

He and the lads absolutely have, unfortunately you get fickle impatient fans. you could have got over excited after last years run and promotion but we do need that perspective. 

Some horrible horrible injuries at the moment and a busy upcoming schedule.

The majority of our support can’t be questioned, but IE is right to issue a rallying call. 

I honestly don’t think we’re too far away