Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

17 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Marque signings WTF .Evatt’s had to scrape & scrounge the free transfer market trying to improve the squad.Beggars can’t be too choosy , all his summer signings are rejects from their previous clubs & that’s the market he is in unfortunately.

Going to be a battle now to stay in this league so we had better get behind them maybe we can strengthen in the next window, problem is Evatt is in the same market.

Not true, he chased Kachunga all summer by his own admission! He is no better than Arthur, who went to Morecambe, and Miller, who scored vital goals for us last season.

We are playing at a higher level with a worse sqaud than last season, swapped Miller and Arthur for Bakayoko and Kachunga, lost our club captian and top goal scorer is injured as well as half the bastard team. It is what it is folks, we are doing well to be where we are. 

17 minutes ago, woolli said:

I didnt say he doesnt come out, he does, but not convincingly. Yes, confidence could be an issue, but that isnt going to get any better soon due to whats in front of him! And, yes, Jussi was the same, but, by the same token, a much more reliable defence.

Jussi was a lot younger, he was sub for a good while, if memory serves, when we first moved to the Reebok.  Dixon (and Crellin last year) were signed to go straight into the first team, they had to be the finished article.  If Jussi hadn't been upto it we still had Branagan as back up.  Both IEs keeper signings just seem odd for a club of our standing in the respective divisions we've been in.

We just have to dig in, accept we’ve been unlucky and all get behind the boys on Tuesday. We were good enough to have got something today but again just couldn’t find the finish. We are though poor on set pieces and with four centre halves, maybe IE needs to think more about capitalising on those than the usual playing the ball in. Rico should be standing on the keeper and roughing him up whilst the others push and shove defenders like they do with us. We do seem a bit too nice and might benefit from being a bit uglier at times?

• Site Supporter

I find it incredible people calling for Evatt to go.

Yes, I like him but even if I didn't, argue with his record with the resources given. 6 pros was it when he took over, a squad signed by a nobody and still won promotion.

The man needs major backing, not sacking

• Members
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Johnston didn't look out of place in midfield when he came on, did ok. Might well have to get the run there now

I doubt he’s trained there; more of a case of throwing him in and he did alright. Bit of work to do and I think he could do a job

37 minutes ago, Rudy said:

MJ dislocated shoulder

6 weeks would be the standard time out. Known it to be 4 known it to be 8.

No tendon or ligament damage and we could be lucky. 

6 weeks? If you're a fanny

Watched a lad in non league, pop his shoulder back in, come back on and score a brace / last minute winner

Straight up that

• Members
1 minute ago, L/H White said:

6 weeks? If you're a fanny

Watched a lad in non league, pop his shoulder back in, come back on and score a brace / last minute winner

Straight up that

Aye mate. These professionals are queers. Want to get down Spa Road playing fields On a Sunday morning in November

10 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I find it incredible people calling for Evatt to go.

Yes, I like him but even if I didn't, argue with his record with the resources given. 6 pros was it when he took over, a squad signed by a nobody and still won promotion.

The man needs major backing, not sacking

Anybody calling for his head is a plantpot and are the types who write in the Bolton News comment section