Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

22 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Very droll, and sure he will and you make a great point by highlighting the huge problem.

We will need to go back to a striker who has scored 2 pens and a header from a set piece by December, non from open play. Just let that sink in 3 goals, 2 pens and non from open play and people defend him, I honestly don't get why people are so defensive about him. 

How many games have we failed to score at all with him playing. And here is the massive issue in that Evatt absolutely failed to improve on Doyle. He played Baka and Kacha wide right when fit so clearly they weren't direct replacements, and in fact spends match after match blowing smoke up Doyle's arse despite his declining performances.

Yet here we are, lots of shoulda woulda coulda games where Doyle missed sitters in every one, and these games are likely to bite us in the arse one way or another.

And now Doyle will somehow become our saviour for some I'm sure!??? Based on what exactly, I've no idea.

Anyway, Doyle is way down the pecking order in the issues at the club currently. It's good FV committed to funding Jan signings, only concern is if we are nowhere near in the league Dapo may well be seen as low hanging fruit by others.

You talk like hes missing hat fulls of chances. 

Hes getting no service. The players bought in to help with that have not worked.

What do you want him to do, drop deep and create his own?

3 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Dixon is fucking shit. Too small , never cones off his line and lets in easy goals. Need a new keeper in Jan. 

Watched it live without the benefit of replays but he had a good game for me. Should have done better with their goal, but saved 3 or 4 others (and a pen). He’s not at the top of our replacements.

3 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Occasionally would be nice. Strikers are allowed to, check Quigley or Stockton.

And he has had one assist all season too.

Quigly scored 2 all season in non league?

Other mon scored 2 more than Doyle?

Aye frightening 🤣

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

That chance he had down the right when he was free, got to be at least getting it on target. Fucking garbage him.

He was clear, just the keeper to beat, 7 yards from goal.

His shot went 7 yards wide. 

Yes, it ended up as far from goal as it was when he hit it.

Put Kachunga down as a failed experiment.

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Hes earned that imo

100%

2 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Anybody calling for his head is a plantpot and are the types who write in the Bolton News comment section

like Whitesince 63?

16 minutes ago, Traf said:

There's fans of some clubs who love him though, he's clearly capable of something but it looks like one of them that just won't work out for us. Unfortunately he's going to get a fair bit more game time for a while yet.

Meanwhile, just 5k on today including over 1k from Bolton, I thought they were a bit better supported than that.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This season reminds me of the time phil Neal took us out of div 4, now as then we are a work in progress, we need stability for the next couple of years and continue to build, squad and club year on year, this is a long term project let’s give the manager & owners full support. 

🙌🙌🙌

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Put Kachunga down as a failed experiment.

100%

like Whitesince 63?

Well I might be a plant pot Traf and I do post in the Bolton News but as far as I’m aware I’ve never called for Evatt’s head. Not yet anyway 😉🥴

43 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This season reminds me of the time phil Neal took us out of div 4, now as then we are a work in progress, we need stability for the next couple of years and continue to build, squad and club year on year, this is a long term project let’s give the manager & owners full support. 

This. Absolutely fucking this

Struggle to believe that some folk (not necessarily on here) think that we should automatically be top 3 after being promoted last year 

Mid table end to this season and we’ve moved forward

Folk criticising Evatt for what he’s said. OK tell him to be honest. “Yeah, we’ve not got a  pot to piss in so I went out and signed some bang average players who maybe aren’t good enough for this level but I’ll try to work with what I’ve got”

Evatt’s made mistakes. Some of the players need to take a long and hard look at themselves. Our support is incredible as is our higher management of the club and this is Groundhog Day from the Phil Neal days. He deserves a lot of credit for where we got to and Evatt deserves the backing to try and do the same

We have to rally the troops and stand firm together behind the club, the owners, the manager, his staff & the players.

Next few games are going to be really tough, we're struggling to put a team out right now with all the injuries.

I've got a feeling Doyle could have played today, but then wouldn't have made Tuesday. Tuesday probably seems more winnable on paper, so hopefully we'll see him return. Aside from him, it's just going to be a case of who's fit, plays.

Positives from today, Isgrove had a better game than of late and Thomason put a real shift in. 

2 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

So was Dafo , if you get free transfers 50% right your not a bad manager

Maybe Doyle will take Kachunga’s place when fit ?

Surely 90% of signings in leagues 1 and 2 are free?  You'd expect better than 50% success rate.  That's not a comment on IE, or Kachunga, just saying most managers need to have a decent success rate at any level from Prem to NW Counties.

10 minutes ago, superkev said:

Thought kachunga actually lead the line well today. His finishing was Biz though

His finishing is always poor.

His goal against Crewe was hit straight at the keeper and the one in midweek had some good fortune to it too.

I'd love Doyle to have been provided with the chances Kachunga has wasted.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

You talk like hes missing hat fulls of chances. 

Hes getting no service. The players bought in to help with that have not worked.

What do you want him to do, drop deep and create his own?

There has to be some give and take on what a "chance" is.  The 3 goals that Quigley scored against us and the Wycombe goal today as examples, not one of those would have gone down as a chance if Doyle was there instead of them.  All 4 goals were down to being strong more than finishing ability (although that's needed too).  If you haven't got strength or pace, you really are limiting the type of chances you might score from, are Morecambe creating a load of chances on a plate for Cole Stockton to score 12 already?    

November has sure been a tough month, injuries aside we’ve lost our ability to defend and we look toothless in attack.

Lets see what happens in these next 2 home games, 6 points would be mint,but i’d happily settle for 4 points, we badly need a win so although 3 points from the 2 games wouldn’t be a total disaster, anything less would.

Get behind them on Tuesday & try  and help them over the line.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Moderators
5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Theres two things in life that will never make your life better or improve your day in any way.

1 is drinking sambucca

2 is reading the comments section in The Bolton Evening News.

Even my mum commented on number 2 today and she wasn't even reading the sports section 

Anyway 

Today's starting line up looked thread bare to start with and now MJ is out 

We need luck on our side and a few games to go our way before January 

Confident we can bring in what we need to halt the slide

7 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There has to be some give and take on what a "chance" is.  The 3 goals that Quigley scored against us and the Wycombe goal today as examples, not one of those would have gone down as a chance if Doyle was there instead of them.  All 4 goals were down to being strong more than finishing ability (although that's needed too).  If you haven't got strength or pace, you really are limiting the type of chances you might score from, are Morecambe creating a load of chances on a plate for Cole Stockton to score 12 already?    

Bang on