Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

11 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

That was a shocking pass from Aimson to Thommason that but pressure on and caused the penalty. Althought i still can't see any foul.

The players didn’t argue with the ref thigh; looked resigned to it.

for the goal it’s shit all around. Starting with the short throw where we’re a man short; someone not doing their job poor from Baptiste and Dixon’s least at fault but he’s still not good enough IMO.

Just read a few are saying it’s like the Neal season - I can’t really remember much about that, but we could be similar to 93/94 under Bruce - mid-table finish after promotion and stabilising.

I know we had White Hot 2 and that so it must have felt more positive but our paper thin squad has been ruthlessly exposed; some of that is our own making and some is just bad luck. Dapo definitely papered over cracks earlier this season.

Let’s just have a positive Jan and hope the 2nd half of the season builds us into next season and we keep the 3/4 strongest players so we go into 22/23 with momentum…

• Members

I think we all got carried away with the good start and relatively lofty league position - I include myself in this. Traf and others are correct - it is all about stabilising for now and then building for the future when we are on a sounder footing. As long as the fan base stays loyal, better times will come with the current management.

Am I wrong to think that it all turned with the Sarce-Evatt bust up?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I think we all got carried away with the good start and relatively lofty league position - I include myself in this. Traf and others are correct - it is all about stabilising for now and then building for the future when we are on a sounder footing. As long as the fan base stays loyal, better times will come with the current management.

Am I wrong to think that it all turned with the Sarce-Evatt bust up?

We're currently where we should be for now.. Fans have to get used to it, that we won't win every match, we're going to have bad spells and we are going to struggle in this league. 

We need to start getting the young talent out there and selling them on like we always have, we built a team on a shoestring and that's going to have it's issues. 

Have we actually started with the same back 4 in two consecutive games? We've been hit by knocks and injuries more than I remember recently. 

Just now, MickyD said:

Even on EFL Show I replayed it several times and dont know who is supposed to have clipped him. Very soft penalty  

Your right it wasn’t a penalty. Plus watch their goal and it’s a foul on Baps. Shocking officials again. Half a team out with injury now and Sarc gone; we need to get behind the ones left standing until the transfer window 

• Site Supporter

One or two comments on the bbc football results page.

• J

Comment posted by John, today at 09:13John
    09:13
    Another game under Evatt who continues to prove he is "out of his depth", or at the very least struggling to impart his "way" on the players. Easy to see that the players have been given no direction. A complete lack of a strategy, tactics or even a simple game plan. Fully expect Evatt to blame anything and anyone but himself (look at his record in this regard), just as a narcissist would

• B

Comment posted by beatles63, today at 06:50beatles63
    06:50
    SOS to big Sam please !

Comment posted by 3robert3, today at 00:243robert3
    00:24
    Good to see Wycombe back on the winning trail

• W

Comment posted by WAYLON MERCY, at 21:05 20 NovWAYLON MERCY
    21:05 20 Nov
    Both teams had long slog midweek FA cup games so a close game, although it really should have been Derby v Bolton today.
    Ya know what I mean !

• F

Reply posted by Ftm1973 32 mins, at 23:57 20 NovFtm1973 32 mins
      23:57 20 Nov
      to WAYLON MERCY
      "
      Both teams had long slog midweek FA cup games so a close game, although it really should have been Derby v Bolton today.Ya know what I mean !
      "
      Ftm1973 32 mins replied: 
      Wycombe got promoted on default thanks to covid... Their record pre lock down was poor they would not have made the play offs if season had played out

More replies (1)
  • C

Comment posted by CardiffWhite, at 20:35 20 NovCardiffWhite
    20:35 20 Nov
    P.S. if any coaches out there know how to attack or defend set pieces please report to BWFC Academy 9am Monday. Thanks!

• C

Comment posted by CardiffWhite, at 20:32 20 NovCardiffWhite
    20:32 20 Nov
    Nothing in the game, looked nailed on for a draw, but the only luck we're having at the moment is bad so inevitably Wycombe nick a winner (well taken by Vokes, but really, one striker versus 3 defenders and a keeper should not have been able to score). Injuries are really starting to bite now, Jones, Sheehan, Doyle, Bakayoko & now MJ Williams all out. Gonna be a tough few weeks for the Whites :(

• D

Comment posted by Dogues59, at 19:09 20 NovDogues59
    19:09 20 Nov
    "The ghome side were awarded a penalty."

How have Bolton lost to a team of midget magical creatures? OK bad joke but a quick spell check wouldn't go amiss.

• D

Reply posted by Dogues59, at 19:18 20 NovDogues59
      19:18 20 Nov
      to Dogues59
      "
      "The ghome side were awarded a penalty."How have Bolton lost to a team of midget magical creatures? OK bad joke but a quick spell check wouldn't go amiss.
      "
      Dogues59 replied: 
      Er... That's not how you spell gnome either...
      Well done Wycombe great to be back to winning ways.

Comment posted by 1420Hawk80-93, at 18:59 20 Nov1420Hawk80-93
    18:59 20 Nov
    As a Bolton fan we played a bit better than Wednesday night but we are very lightweight in attack and our defence scares me stay safe one and all COYWM

• A

Comment posted by AverageFootballFan, at 17:53 20 NovAverageFootballFan
    17:53 20 Nov
    It's nice to be back with a win, even if the missed penalty won't help Mehmeti's confidence. Come on you Chairboys!

Thought we played well till MJ came off. Look light up top but I’m hoping Amaechi starting plugs that gap.

Both centre halves look ropey to me.

I fear the rest of 2021 will be a bit miserable till some nee blood arrives.

Baptiste had a good game yesterday as well

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Our lot just dont do mid table mediocrity/apathy very well do they?

Bipolar bastards need a witchhunt when the chips are down or a total wankathon when we win one.

It’s funny as I find the spokespeople of twitter who declare our fans knobs on a weekly basis as irritating as the over reactions every sat. 

12 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s funny as I find the spokespeople of twitter who declare our fans knobs on a weekly basis as irritating as the over reactions every sat. 

Aye theres some who would back us if the authorities had uncovered a peadophile ring within the club and lofty was bumming ball boys.

We have 2 big home games coming up, followed by well attended aways….

I agree that everyone needs to stick together but we need more from the players. 

Yes injuries are mounting up, but this dreadful run started a long time ago and we couldn’t use that excuse at the start. 

A few nil nils would be a starting point. 

Obviously I get that we need to stick with the team and the manager through what it is going to be a tough time.

However, I don't want to be told I should be grateful we are not 20th in League 2. That was an embarrassment and largley self inflicted.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Obviously I get that we need to stick with the team and the manager through what it is going to be a tough time.

However, I don't want to be told I should be grateful we are not 20th in League 2. That was an embarrassment and largley self inflicted.

But it’s a fact that we were and also a fact that we are going to have to accept a slow rebuild, folk who think it should happen overnight and thinking sacking Evatt will speed up the recovery are either thick or clueless about football. 

• Members
49 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

But it’s a fact that we were and also a fact that we are going to have to accept a slow rebuild, folk who think it should happen overnight and thinking sacking Evatt will speed up the recovery are either thick or clueless about football. 

Thick and clueless

8 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Also In the earlier months dapo had so much time on the ball now he gets doubled up by the opposition

i wont lie I’m not Evatts biggest fan but he’s been unlucky with recent injuries we just need to keep going until January 

Still 12 league games to go before transfer deadline day, over a quarter of the season.  Only 16 league games left Feb onwards, compared to 21 last season.  In some ways the club needs to get out of the mindset of "we'll sort it in January" and concentrate on getting the most out of what we have right now.  Like getting John to up his game, get better at attacking set pieces, playing players in their correct positions if at all possible, and a bit of shooting practise wouldn't go amiss.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Still 12 league games to go before transfer deadline day, over a quarter of the season.  Only 16 league games left Feb onwards, compared to 21 last season.  In some ways the club needs to get out of the mindset of "we'll sort it in January" and concentrate on getting the most out of what we have right now.  Like getting John to up his game, get better at attacking set pieces, playing players in their correct positions if at all possible, and a bit of shooting practise wouldn't go amiss.

Nothings improved in the set piece area so wouldn’t hold out for that

big week coning up with these home games 

• Site Supporter

Some people still believed the old 'going straight up to Championship' even after the cold light of day had said 'we're the new lads in this league, we're skint and were only promoted in third place' by the skin of our fore.'

We are still, I believe a big club but all four leagues have big clubs who've stalled a bit. It only takes a few bad days to lose touch with the leaders.

We'll be reet, but not overnight.

• Site Supporter

An improvement from Wednesday. At least they showed some spirit and resilience.

A draw probably would have been fair. But with these shocking injuries it just shows we are lacking quality in depth.

To have the injuries we are having and losing the mainstay of your midfield in a few weeks is hard to take. I’ll be amazed if we get 6 points, I’d snatch your hand off for 4

As always a good weekend despite the result. High Wycombe (the centre, not the area near the ground!) not a bad place for a few drinks 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

An improvement from Wednesday. At least they showed some spirit and resilience.

A draw probably would have been fair. But with these shocking injuries it just shows we are lacking quality in depth.

To have the injuries we are having and losing the mainstay of your midfield in a few weeks is hard to take. I’ll be amazed if we get 6 points, I’d snatch your hand off for 4

As always a good weekend despite the result. High Wycombe (the centre, not the area near the ground!) not a bad place for a few drinks 

The Centre seemed pretty decent enough to go at

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

The Centre seemed pretty decent enough to go at

I was surprisingly impressed. Just seen this quote which sums it up really

“High Wycombe is a historic town that combines metropolitan sophistication with olde worlde charm”