Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe A

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

I was talking to Alex Baptiste at Horwich Parkway last night.

His car is being repaired so he was getting back to the Fylde on the rattler.

He was subdued and just said that they were all disappointed with the latest injuries ie Sheehan/MJ.

I can’t remember what else I was mumbling on about as I was suffering from the effects of the psychedelic fun bus. 😎🍺🕺🏻

1 minute ago, Steejay said:

I was talking to Alex Baptiste at Horwich Parkway last night.

His car is being repaired so he was getting back to the Fylde on the rattler.

He was subdued and just said that they were all disappointed with the latest injuries ie Sheehan/MJ.

I can’t remember what else I was mumbling on about as I was suffering from the effects of the psychedelic fun bus. 😎🍺🕺🏻

You not give him a glow stick 

Just the most predictable thing ever, stay in the match go in at HT 0-0. Like many away matches this season, concede such a shit scrappy goal which you know is game over. Thought Wycombe would be a lot better than they actually are, they also very low on confidence but they've got a great bench for the level especially McCleary. We'll always lose scrappy games like that because we don't have players who want to get in the box and get on the end of things. It's Dapo vs the world & it has been even before the injuries bar maybe Baka who has been efficient but is a sick note. Dapo is the only player who's any threat in the entire team as soon as he releases the ball you know the move is going to fall apart as the other players just haven't got goals in them at all whether it's Doyle, Kachunga, Isgrove whoever is making up the front trio. 13th isn't bad at all & with the run in we have I'd be more than confident but with Gethin, MJ, Sheehan, Baka especially out it's gonna be hard watching Johnstone a defender low in confidence partnering a 19 year old prospect in the heart of the midfield with the same. We kind of knew on deadline day when we didn't bring some bodies in that it was risky, we went from central midfield being our strongest area of the pitch to having one senior in Lee fit who ironically is known as the most injury prone one of the lot!

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

We kind of knew on deadline day when we didn't bring some bodies in that it was risky, we went from central midfield being our strongest area of the pitch to having one senior in Lee fit who ironically is known as the most injury prone one of the lot!

Yes its strange that Lee has become the one we rely on now, given that there were so many doubts that we should even give him a contract as recently as January (and no starts this season before Burton).  Meanwhile we couldn't get Maddison through the door quick enough!  And I don't think any of us had heard of Dapo or MJ Williams 10 months ago.  Lots of twists and turns still to come this season. 

14 hours ago, waffer cup 07 said:

That was a shocking pass from Aimson to Thommason that but pressure on and caused the penalty. Althought i still can't see any foul.

We create at least one scoring opportunity per game for the opposition with our pissing about at the back.

38 minutes ago, Traf said:

We create at least one scoring opportunity per game for the opposition with our pissing about at the back.

Annoying isn't it.  Thomasson v Stockport, Baka v Wigan etc.  But its so common.  Every week across the leagues, joke goals, so many teams incapable of clearing their lines, Bournemouth's 1st at Derby today like schoolboy stuff.  Almost brings EFL football into disrepute, makes it a laughing stock.  Just get rid FFS.

18 minutes ago, marple whites said:

As a youngster when you are first learning the game you always got told “don’t play it in front of your own goal”

so what’s changed ?

To me, nothing. You were told not to play it across the front of your goal.

Look at the positioning, keeper and two defenders inside the 6 yd box. Thomason 18yds out facing his own goal. 
That's inviting them to send 3 or 4 up to press.