Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2022/23 season

radcliffe white

15 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Be mindful if booking holidays around football it starts earlier 

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/november/efl-fixture-schedule-202223/

Cheers for that.

4 group games per day during the group stages, kicking off at 10am, 1pm, 3pm, 4pm (final group games only) and 7pm UK time. 

Knock out games 3pm and 7pm.  Presumably EFL fixtures will be scheduled to avoid a clash with England's group games at least.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Interesting that L1 and L2 are going early as well. Could well be a few postponements I guess especially if Scotland and Wales get in

Yeah I was thinking it might mean one or two less midweekers for L1/L2 but also means some really late postponements are possible especially if certain teams progress.

I don't like change, summer tournaments are one of life's joys.

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah I was thinking it might mean one or two less midweekers for L1/L2 but also means some really late postponements are possible especially if certain teams progress.

I don't like change, summer tournaments are one of life's joys.

The tournament will be a massive fail. I hope it is as well.

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

The tournament will be a massive fail. I hope it is as well.

Same really. One for the vloggers and the rich this. We'll see how quickly people forget the carnage that's gone on in preparing the venues when they get offered tickets there!

Christmas shopping then watch world cup in a piss wet through steamed up pub? No ta.

• Site Supporter

It’ll be shit, the atmospheres will be complete toss and there’s nowt surer than a handful of England fans being jailed and having to beg Priti Patel to get them home.

Too many teams, plop time of year, and being held somewhere that simply doesn’t deserve it.

Anyone watching Qatar vs Algeria in the dead of night is welcome to it.

There will probably be a stand out England win at some point, 3-0 v Poland in the last 16 etc, but it will hardly register for us be because 2 hours before or 2 hours after we lost 1-0 at Burton.  A week later England lose 2-1 AET to Germany in the semi, and we're all buzzing after a late winner v Shrewsbury.  Its just not right.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There will probably be a stand out England win at some point, 3-0 v Poland in the last 16 etc, but it will hardly register for us be because 2 hours before or 2 hours after we lost 1-0 at Burton.  A week later England lose 2-1 AET to Germany in the semi, and we're all buzzing after a late winner v Shrewsbury.  Its just not right.

Don’t worry, we’ll be in the championship and enjoying a mid-winter break 😆

Edited by desperado

2 hours ago, Spider said:

It’ll be shit, the atmospheres will be complete toss and there’s nowt surer than a handful of England fans being jailed and having to beg Priti Patel to get them home.

Too many teams, plop time of year, and being held somewhere that simply doesn’t deserve it.

Anyone watching Qatar vs Algeria in the dead of night is welcome to it.

Latest ko is 7pm.....

UK TIMES
During the group stage, four matches will be played each day, with kick-off times being 10:00, 13:00, 16:00, and 19:00 for the first two rounds, and 15:00 and 19:00 for the simultaneous kick-offs of the last round and for knockout stage matches.

Group stage runs from Monday 21st November to Friday 2nd December.

Some of the last 16 and QF played on Saturday.

Does anyone really care about the world cup ?  I will always prefer club football to  International football.

I may not even watch it because of where it is.

I could go on but why have a world cup, everyone knows Brasil are the best team , they encompass  the  beautiful game ,  regardless of who wins 

54 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I could go on but why have a world cup, everyone knows Brasil are the best team , they encompass  the  beautiful game ,  regardless of who wins 

1982 just called, it wants its post back.

Edited by Marc505

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Brazil are yesterday's heroes.

Was so disappointed that in 2014 when we finally got chance to see a WC hosted in Brazil that they were in such disarray.

David Luiz and Thiago Silva losing their minds under the pressure and everyone acting like Neymar had perished when he got injured.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Does anyone really care about the world cup ?

Despite me being very dubious about this one in terms of when and where it is, I’d still say yes.

It holds so much history and tradition. Generations of football fans can recall past winners, past tournaments, iconic moments and the best players in the world plying their trade in unique locations.

And the fact that England perhaps have their best chance of winning the tournament after getting to a major final, should surely get us a little excited. I know my kids will be well up for it, so I’ll know doubt go along for the ride.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Was so disappointed that in 2014 when we finally got chance to see a WC hosted in Brazil that they were in such disarray.

David Luiz and Thiago Silva losing their minds under the pressure and everyone acting like Neymar had perished when he got injured.

They came 4th in that world cup.....