Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

2022/23 season

radcliffe white

21 minutes ago, jeep said:

True, but still 4th 😉

And a shite sight better than we were too to be fair 😀

Reminded me that I watched the Uruguay game in BCM Square in Magaluf and came out just in time to witness someone making the mistake of full on booting one of the concrete football shaped street bollard things in anger. He's probably still limping.

9 hours ago, desperado said:

And the fact that England perhaps have their best chance of winning the tournament after getting to a major final, should surely get us a little excited. I know my kids will be well up for it, so I’ll know doubt go along for the ride.

Euro 2016 runners-up France, let's hope this repeats 🙂 

14 hours ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

Does anyone really care about the world cup ?  I will always prefer club football to International football.

I may not even watch it because of where it is.

I won't get any enthusiasm until it's virtually upon us. This time especially so because of it being there, the clear corruption to get it there, the selling out to money without the faintest footballing pedigree, the fact that it will be in Winter & disrupt the season.

But, also because we just know that it'll get hyped up. We'll be told that we have once-in-a-generation players (again), that our opponents, Luxembourg, have surprising resilience. We'll convince ourselves that England can do it this time, we'll eventually blow up like v Italy this year or Croatia 3 years ago. 

Deep down slightly dreading that, should we win, some of the wankers in the squad will become household names for the next 50 years despite being Grade A twats.

That's quite apart from the fans who'll get arrested for an embarrassing array of misdemeanours ... each one with family who'll tell us what a nice chap he us, good to his mother, never taken those drugs in his life, has been fitted up, has a blind wife & dog with herpes.

Bring it on.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I won't get any enthusiasm until it's virtually upon us. This time especially so because of it being there, the clear corruption to get it there, the selling out to money without the faintest footballing pedigree, the fact that it will be in Winter & disrupt the season.

But, also because we just know that it'll get hyped up. We'll be told that we have once-in-a-generation players (again), that our opponents, Luxembourg, have surprising resilience. We'll convince ourselves that England can do it this time, we'll eventually blow up like v Italy this year or Croatia 3 years ago. 

Deep down slightly dreading that, should we win, some of the wankers in the squad will become household names for the next 50 years despite being Grade A twats.

That's quite apart from the fans who'll get arrested for an embarrassing array of misdemeanours ... each one with family who'll tell us what a nice chap he us, good to his mother, never taken those drugs in his life, has been fitted up, has a blind wife & dog with herpes.

Bring it on.

Top post 

I was going to put something similar but toned it down because I thought I might upset people.

Edited by Nottm_Wanderer
Typo