Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January ins and out

Rudy

10 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Unfortunately, as the players are under contract, we can only replace them if they find something elsewhere, which is highly unlikely. Summer is different but for January, I think we have 3 places to fill so for me all efforts should be on a good striker, even if it’s a loan. Would it be worth bringing back Greenidge to see how he does alongside Santos? He never seemed to get much of a chance yet is left footed, seemed decent in the air and does have a turn of pace? I’m prepared to be shot down on it but surely he’s as good as Aimson and Johnson? I’d also look for a ball winning, hard tackling midfielder to partner MJ and lastly would bring back both DP and RD because they’re both better than other options we have. 

Just my opinion but I thought Greenidge was one of the worst footballer's I've ever seen pull on a white shirt.  And I've seen White and Comley (on i-follow obviously).   His legs seemed to have a mind of their own, it was obvious from day one he wasn't EFL standard, and I suspect he's not National League standard either looking at the Stockport team.

I'm unsure why Aimson is getting written off, he's looked good at centre back, but without excusing anyone for last night, he was out of position at right back.  

I agree on bringing back the loan players - but neither will get a look in under IE this season.  They play in positions where we are well stocked, once Jones is back we'll have 4 wingers.  Dapo is rightly 1st or 2nd name on team sheet, so 3 players for one position and Politic isn't getting in ahead of any of them unfortunately.   

45 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

How can we get rid?  They are under contract, they aren't going anywhere if they are near the first team, which is everyone above except Tutte.

On the 2 strikers where you say get rid, how would that go down if we lose yet another striker when we go from game to game just using the one that happens to be fit that week.  Suicide to let any go surely.  And I'm unclear what Baka's done wrong, do we really expect to sign anyone better in January?  Not going anywhere even in the summer, assuming no change of manager.  

Not disagreeing on Amaichi being lightweight, but if we got rid of every lightweight player we'd lose most of the squad, IE seems to favour lightweight players, even the goalkeepers have no stature.

Obviously you have not gone through my post................I did not say get rid of anyone  apart from fonz..........just because of that reason he IS out of contract in the summer

Kachunga

John

Gordon

Brocky

Fonz

Doyle

Baps

Johnston

Aimson

Darcy

Would not bother me if any of those left and got a new club...........Wish them all the best, but my opinion means jack shit.................Evatt gets paid for that

11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just my opinion but I thought Greenidge was one of the worst footballer's I've ever seen pull on a white shirt.  And I've seen White and Comley (on i-follow obviously).   His legs seemed to have a mind of their own, it was obvious from day one he wasn't EFL standard, and I suspect he's not National League standard either looking at the Stockport team.

I'm unsure why Aimson is getting written off, he's looked good at centre back, but without excusing anyone for last night, he was out of position at right back.  

I agree on bringing back the loan players - but neither will get a look in under IE this season.  They play in positions where we are well stocked, once Jones is back we'll have 4 wingers.  Dapo is rightly 1st or 2nd name on team sheet, so 3 players for one position and Politic isn't getting in ahead of any of them unfortunately.   

Fair play Jr, I’m probably wrong on Greenidge because he doesn’t exactly seem to be impressing in non league either whilst out on loan. As for DP not getting in, I’d personally play Dapo more centrally than on the wing and I’d get rid of Kachunga and even Amaechi from what I’ve seen from him so far. That’s probably unfair as he’s not match fit and the games weren’t representative but we’re assuming he wants to stay anyway. I’ve also never really considered Politic a winger, I’d like to see him in midfield, more of a Nolan type player, because he’s big and strong and can get box to box. It all depends on how IE sees it of course and if he doesn’t fancy DP then he won’t bring him back.

I find it amazing that people are already writing Amaechi off.

So far, he has come on in the 87th minute v Crewe when the visitors were just launching forward desperately to grab a goal and then he entered the game at Stockport in the 77th minute to join 10 players having a collective nightmare.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Traf said:

So far, he has come on in the 87th minute v Crewe when the visitors were just launching forward desperately to grab a goal and then he entered the game at Stockport in the 77th minute to join 10 players having a collective nightmare.

This.

Absolute loons. Folks expecting miracles from a guy with less than 30 minutes competitive playing time this season.

Give him a chance. FFS!

I know our priority has to be defensive depth and an MJ Williams like-for-like backup, because without that holding pivot our style of play is impossible. 

But for me getting Ellis Simms in on loan from Everton would be right at the top of the list, lad is big, quick, strong and a proper natural finisher. Currently sat in Everton's reserves not getting a look in at first team despite DCL being injured and scored 10 in 23 for Blackpool in this league last season. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

It is ridiculous.

It would as daft as going to the other extreme and saying I think he’s a world beater because he was fantastic and stood out against our ageing legends defence. 

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

I know our priority has to be defensive depth and an MJ Williams like-for-like backup, because without that holding pivot our style of play is impossible. 

But for me getting Ellis Simms in on loan from Everton would be right at the top of the list, lad is big, quick, strong and a proper natural finisher. Currently sat in Everton's reserves not getting a look in at first team despite DCL being injured and scored 10 in 23 for Blackpool in this league last season. 

Simms would be a good shout, but we'd need to coach our team to play to his strengths, as we don't play to either Doyle's or Baka's right now.

I often watch us when Doyle plays and think "if only Baka was on" and vice versa.

The chances created and wasted by Kachunga & Lee vs Crewe (or by Kachunga & Lee most weeks) would be food & drink to Doyle. Doyle leads the line really well, he's the first line of defence too, but we don't get the ball into his feet anywhere near quickly enough or as well as we did last season.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

but we don't get the ball into his feet anywhere near quickly enough or as well as we did last season.

Possibly because the defences we’re playing this season are a bit better than last season’s?

On 18/11/2021 at 16:06, Tommy9322 said:

In’s… a keeper with presence, an attacking RB, physical Cb, a LB to challenge John. Midfield lacks energy and nastiness, winger with pace that would allow Dapo to play as a 10 if needed and a ST who can get in behind and offer us something different.

outs… Gilks, Baptiste, Brockbank, Gordon, Tutte, Delf, Thomason (loan).

Agree on that.  Dixon seems go go through matches without contributing except for his passing, which is fine when your dominating possession but when you're under the cosh like at Plymouth or Stockport or Wigan, an occasional "wow" save would come in handy, and claiming crosses rather than just letting Santos get on with it.  He's not terrible, he's just not league one standard and as you say just no presence.

6 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Fair play Jr, I’m probably wrong on Greenidge because he doesn’t exactly seem to be impressing in non league either whilst out on loan. As for DP not getting in, I’d personally play Dapo more centrally than on the wing and I’d get rid of Kachunga and even Amaechi from what I’ve seen from him so far. That’s probably unfair as he’s not match fit and the games weren’t representative but we’re assuming he wants to stay anyway. I’ve also never really considered Politic a winger, I’d like to see him in midfield, more of a Nolan type player, because he’s big and strong and can get box to box. It all depends on how IE sees it of course and if he doesn’t fancy DP then he won’t bring him back.

I agree DP isn't naturally a winger.  Wants to drive at the heart of a defence, he's like Dapo in that he's never going to just try to beat a full back and put a cross in like an Isgrove or Verlinden.  Has the strength and skill to make things happen in and around the box, and of course he's a rarity in our squad - he can shoot with meaning, also like Dapo.  For me he would fill the hole left by that bloke that went to Stockport, but on form he's got more to his game (if he's not fit that's another conversation, just talking from what I've seen). 

• Members
7 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

You and @JimmyRiddle are cut from the same cloth. 

• Moderators
21 hours ago, L/H White said:

bar Dapo & Jones, I wouldn't be fussed who was to move on

and MJ, Santos and Lee

hopefully more to come from Sheehan

and I like Isgrove

TBH I don't see anyone who's played a decent amount of minutes moving on

Have we found oil under the west stand or summet?

No fucker is going anywhere and we will probably sign some fucker nobody has heard of. We already have enough shit keepers and centre backs. 

Id personally love a seasoned pro to come in, karl Henry style and teach some of the ponces how to grow a pair of bollocks.

• Members
1 minute ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Bang average, 19 goals, super amazing

Oh aye be promoted without him wouldn’t we

Just now, JimmyRiddle said:

How's he getting on this season 🤣

Scored more than last season . How’s the team getting on?

cut from the same cloth as the other tit. 

Just now, Rudy said:

Oh aye be promoted without him wouldn’t we

Scored more than last season . How’s the team getting on?

cut from the same cloth as the other tit. 

You work in football so you think you know it all. A proper striker we woul have pissed the season last year.

No goals from open play all season, mid November, please let me know what is so wonderful about friendly Irish electrician??