Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

January ins and out

Rudy

• Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Now that's a fairer question. Unfortunately, the other striker's don't seem any better.

If Dapo central could yield more, then fair enough. 

Dapo central, I’ve seen this said a few times and it’s based on nothing . He’s a winger, who scores is goals when he cuts inside , totally different role from the No.10

• Members
Just now, JimmyRiddle said:

You work in football so you think you know it all. A proper striker we woul have pissed the season last year.

No goals from open play all season, mid November, please let me know what is so wonderful about friendly Irish electrician??

I work in sport and the fitness and the health side of things so that point doesn’t wash

a proper striker 😂 give Lukaku a bell then 

Same cloth 

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I work in sport and the fitness and the health side of things so that point doesn’t wash

a proper striker 😂 give Lukaku a bell then 

Same cloth 

Glad you admit you know fuck all.

John Thomas 28 goals last time we in 4th division as a comparison.

Doyle 364 minutes per goal, and that includes the Mickey mouse matches.

So again tell me what is so great about him? No one ever gives anything.

1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Our defence is easily as bad as our attack but folk are lining up to suck Santos off, don’t want to get involved in too much whataboutery though.

Well this I agree with, my criticism of Doyle was in making a decent team better, but bigger issues in the team now.

• Members
2 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Glad you admit you know fuck all.

John Thomas 28 goals last time we in 4th division as a comparison.

Doyle 364 minutes per goal, and that includes the Mickey mouse matches.

Without his goals we’d be in league 2

What is so hard to understand 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Have we found oil under the west stand or summet?

No fucker is going anywhere and we will probably sign some fucker nobody has heard of. We already have enough shit keepers and centre backs. 

Id personally love a seasoned pro to come in, karl Henry style and teach some of the ponces how to grow a pair of bollocks.

I loved KH.  Came in as an ageing, underwhelming signing, and after about 10 minutes of his debut, we just "got" him.  Brought so much to the team.  Gary O'Neill another under the radar signing, plenty comments along the lines of what are we signing that old donkey for, nobody was saying that 6 months later.  Liam Bridcutt not in the same age group, but a lot of similarities in leadership, style of play and influence.  If anyone can identify another nearly as good as those 3 let IE know asap.  And I wouldn't say no to another Daryl Murphy up front while we're at it. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

This is all within the context of course. I’m not saying he’s the best striker in division one or that he doesn’t have limitations. But he’s played his part in a mid-table start to life in division 1. This is what he brings to the table

1/ Leadership - something the team is currently lacking in spades 

2/ Experience - he knows how to score goals - all be it we’ve not put enough on the plate for him so far

3/ Composure - he can find space in the 6 yard box that others can’t and finish (admit not as deadly as last year yet)

4/ Link up play - he drops deep and links up play very well

5/ He’s a great team player who brings out the best in those around him. A value that’s hard to define and measure but essential for where we are at the moment.

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

This is all within the context of course. I’m not saying he’s the best striker in division one or that he doesn’t have limitations. But he’s played his part in a mid-table start to life in division 1. This is what he brings to the table

1/ Leadership - something the team is currently lacking in spades 

Agree with this 👍

2/ Experience - he knows how to score goals - all be it we’ve not put enough on the plate for him so far

Bollox, creates fuck all for himself or others, check Quigley's performance

3/ Composure - he can find space in the 6 yard box that others can’t and finish (admit not as deadly as last year yet)

Again disagree, on his heels more often than not. 

4/ Link up play - he drops deep and links up play very well.

Ridiculous, listen to the commentary, time after time played towards Doyle, yada yada yada, commentator struggles for enough words to describe Doyle not receiving the ball.

5/ He’s a great team player who brings out the best in those around him. A value that’s hard to define and measure but essential for where we are at the moment.

I do agree he is an asset in the squad, and a positive influence for sure, he's just not very good.

• Members
20 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Would we, we would have an alternate striker who may have completed Evatt's style more.

That's just nonsense. Doyle was Ok at best in 4th division and is decidedly lacking in the 3rd.

What alternative striker you moon man!

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Well clearly if Doyle wasn't there, we would have had an alternative. 

Just to give the Doyle debate a breather.... As an alternative IE spent the summer chasing a striker with a 1 in 10 game goal ratio & who scored his 1st goal in 50 games at Stockport. 

Just now, Rudy said:

WHO?!

Jesus it’s like talking to a child

Get to fuck you condescending prick. I don't know who that's not my job. What I do know is it s not that hard to score 19 goals in the 4th division when you take penalties and play every minute.

But I do know is Doyle is fucking bang average and you or no one else can give any tangible evidence of his proficiency. 

And while we scraped promotion last season, his lack of talent has been absolutely exposed this season, as I have been pointing out since Xmas, despite the shit I get.

And many other posters have seen it too now, but it's fine I'll take the flak...

14 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Just to give the Doyle debate a breather.... As an alternative IE spent the summer chasing a striker with a 1 in 10 game goal ratio & who scored his 1st goal in 50 games at Stockport. 

I don't disagree, but many people think Evatt will change the world in January despite signing shite like this? That's the worry

And I'm not sure he is a striker as played wide right every match, so genuinely not sure?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

He didn't in August

I never said he did, you mentioned January. Anyway time for some shut eye before travelling down to Wycombe in the morning. Trust I’ll be seeing you down there Mr Piddle or will you be listening to the commentary again?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but recruitment in August was done by Phoenix and January recruitment was done by Evatt?

He’s probably talking about the August just gone as not only has he written off Doyle but he’s probably alluding to the fact that he doesn’t rate Baka and he’s probably one of these loons who’s written off Amaechi despite him only playing 5 mins. Some folk just love to dwell in negativity. Night pal, Wycombe tomorrow 😉