Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

Leyther_Matt

Just unbelievably poor tonight.

All of them including the manager. 1-0 needing a goal, replace a striker with a defender and lose 3-0.

Bravo, you arrogant cunt.

And don't get me started on Dapo, who has believed his own press too much.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, desperado said:

just about to settle down for an hour of The Ashes.  Hopefully a good first hour might erase some of the disappointment!

Perhaps I’d better just go to bed and write-off this evening/early morning!

The typical question that is asked for players as a judge of their character is 'can they perform on a wet windy at somewhere shit.

Tonight a number of players showed they lacked that character. 

We were late setting so did not even have fish and chips. 

52 minutes ago, marple whites said:

And why are our own fans singing “Bolton get battered”?

Crazy

If you had grown up with nothing up us being shit, you'd do it. At least they aren't supporting glory clubs.

I don't agree with it, but it sounds a bit shit singing we're a great team when we just aren't.

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Think you’ve stuck an extra zero on there, Gonz. They’ve paid their way up the leagues as much as Salford did, they only get away with it because they weren’t followed round by a camera crew.

First 20 minutes tonight it had a weird feeling in the air, as if it wasn’t a ‘proper’ game, and I can’t help feeling the players had a similar mindset. Dunno if that was because of the weather (and an assumption that the game wouldn’t finish), the surroundings or a feeling we only needed to turn up and win, but the lack of professionalism was pretty stark from minute one. 

Turns out the number 20 who ran the game for them has only played 7 games for Fleetwood since Reading released him as a first year school three years ago (spent last season losing every week at Grimsby). The number 38 who was giving it big uns after the goal isn’t even on a pro deal. And yet we’ve got players with hundreds of appearances and big reputations plodding about looking like they wanted to be literally anywhere else. Those couple of minutes where 1-0 became 3-0 gave me some serious vibes of the 7-1 at Accrington, and on showings like tonight (and a few others this season) there’s a real danger that so many of this squad may become as irrelevant as the jobbing bunch of journeymen who turned out for us that day. 

Wonder where Santos is off for Christmas?

At least the pre-match chippy was good  

Roll on Saturday 🙄 

Is that the same player who ran the show away last season at Grimsby and scored Grimsby winner ????

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Traf said:

Just unbelievably poor tonight.

All of them including the manager. 1-0 needing a goal, replace a striker with a defender and lose 3-0.

Bravo, you arrogant cunt.

And don't get me started on Dapo, who has believed his own press too much.

Thought that myself last night, Dapo hasn’t played well for weeks now

We must be the easiest team in the league for an opposition manager to motivate his players with his pre match talk-

“ Right lads, get in their faces & don’t give them time on the ball. When we get chance, get it wide & put some crosses into their box, because they’re shit at the back. Oh, and their gaffer reckons they’re the best team in the league”

We struggle when we face a team who works hard and closes us down. We have to earn the right to play our pretty football by matching the oppositions work ethic man for man.

28 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m not a fan of IE one bit however the injury situation is something different we just need to keep going until the transfer window hopefully picking as many points as we can.

I am usually a fan of Evatts but last night was about players not putting enough effort in. Fleetwood are shit, we were worse. 
of the starting 11 only Jones and Williams would definitely start if everyone was fit.

Last game we played Johnstone in midfield was not working so went to 3 centre halves, last night we started with 3 centre halves, was not working, we did not change. Ok options on bench very limited but the players have to put the effort in. The Fleetwood players celebrating like they had won the cup in front of us should shown on repeat to the spineless wankers on the pitch last night. 

The manager has to motivate and guide the team there was none of that last night. Sick of hearing Sarce names he was the most spineless cunt we had, fucking hide and seek champion the way he goes missing in games.

Strangely I still back Evatt as I always think you judge transfer window to transfer window and we are still improving in that sense, but is a big window. We need some character and fight in the team more Karl Henry that Maddison. We need bastards and leaders our soft underbelly is just get fucked at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

I am usually a fan of Evatts but last night was about players not putting enough effort in. Fleetwood are shit, we were worse. 
of the starting 11 only Jones and Williams would definitely start if everyone was fit.

Last game we played Johnstone in midfield was not working so went to 3 centre halves, last night we started with 3 centre halves, was not working, we did not change. Ok options on bench very limited but the players have to put the effort in. The Fleetwood players celebrating like they had won the cup in front of us should shown on repeat to the spineless wankers on the pitch last night. 

The manager has to motivate and guide the team there was none of that last night. Sick of hearing Sarce names he was the most spineless cunt we had, fucking hide and seek champion the way he goes missing in games.

Strangely I still back Evatt as I always think you judge transfer window to transfer window and we are still improving in that sense, but is a big window. We need some character and fight in the team more Karl Henry that Maddison. We need bastards and leaders our soft underbelly is just get fucked at the moment. 

Absolutely and this next window could make or break him imo

we said last night Henry type would be great just so soft & spineless need a leader

last night & Saturday are games we should be taking at least a point seen on social media folk blaming the weather! I’m sure 2 teams had to play in it 

• Site Supporter

Just watched the highlights.

Dear dickheads-who-support-Bolton,

If you can’t help yourself from launching a plastic bottle at our opponents when they score in the goal closest to our support, don’t get a bottled drink. Lobbing bottles on a pitch isn’t a great way to show how good a supporter you are.

Lots of Love,

MickyD

Both the two second half goals were greeted with a single bottle from about a similar place. Are they mad? The amount of CCTV in grounds these days plus the iFollow pics they will receive banning orders.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Just watched the highlights.

Dear dickheads-who-support-Bolton,

If you can’t help yourself from launching a plastic bottle at our opponents when they score in the goal closest to our support, don’t get a bottled drink. Lobbing bottles on a pitch isn’t a great way to show how good a supporter you are.

Lots of Love,

MickyD

Both the two second half goals were greeted with a single bottle from about a similar place. Are they mad? The amount of CCTV in grounds these days plus the iFollow pics they will receive banning orders.

Spot on.

Didn’t see personally who it was, but it was just from the left of where we were standing. Fucking dickheads. I shouted in the vicinity of the throwers what my thoughts were, not that they’d take much notice of me!