Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Moderators
Just now, gonzo said:

Fleetwood. 3-0.

He said we haven't been right since sarc went

And you more than anyone should know how many fans they have and where they've come from means nowt

Sure its shit when you live amongst em but at least there aren't many of em

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I just dont get the unconditional love in.

We have just been beat 3-0 at a team who were playing Sunday League ten years ago with about 700 fans on tonight.

Wake up ffs

I think its because we almost did a Bury a couple of seasons ago and we can still make the L.1 ply offs

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

Said it at the start of the season.

If we avoid relegation and stay mid table, we have done well.

Teams been clobbered together, luck hasn't gone our way and we can't afford an out and out striker so have 4 forwards. 

The fact that Delafonso (Worst i've seen in a Bolton kit) and a 39 year old goalkeeper coach make up out 14 fit players speaks volumes about how thin our squad really is. 

That's a fair comment but man for man we had a much better team out tonight than Fleetwood so it's not an excuse. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t think it’s an unconditional love in, fans are making allowances for the injury list and think that’s fair to be honest. 

So those eleven that started performed to their ability did they??, is nowt to do with injuries, it's shit application and tactics.

We had had a week off remember, and Santos 10 days, yet put in that abject performance, whilst they played on Sat with ten men?

I appreciate the injuries have impacted us in terms of shape and options but its just an excuse to paper over that shit served up.

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Just now, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

That's a fair comment but man for man we had a much better team out tonight than Fleetwood so it's not an excuse. 

That's stretching it.  Just because we haven't heard of them doesn't make them worse.  Would Dixon, Doyle, Gordon, Thomasson, John, Johnstone improve their team?  Best player on pitch was that central midfielder of theirs and their forwards were far sharper. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

We have just been beat 3-0 at a team who were playing Sunday League ten years ago with about 700 fans on tonight.

Wake up ffs

You have every right to be angry Your not alone .

And we shouldn’t except it no excuses ( weather , injuries , sending off ) tonight all the players have had a week off we fielded a pretty strong line up for us playing against a younger inexperienced side whose record is worse than ours . 

The answer to it fuck knows  but the day we except it as the norm we’re as small as fleetwood and the rest of them

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's stretching it.  Just because we haven't heard of them doesn't make them worse.  Would Dixon, Doyle, Gordon, Thomasson, John, Johnstone improve their team?  Best player on pitch was that central midfielder of theirs and their forwards were far sharper. 

Every fuckers forwards are far sharper! They hadn't won in 11 matches, just because they looked good against us doesn't mean they are. 

12 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

So those eleven that started performed to their ability did they??, is nowt to do with injuries, it's shit application and tactics.

We had had a week off remember, and Santos 10 days, yet put in that abject performance, whilst they played on Sat with ten men?

I appreciate the injuries have impacted us in terms of shape and options but its just an excuse to paper over that shit served up.

Good post, I can only assume that a lot of our fans expected a Fleetwood team who had not won in 11 games, lost 5-1 at the weekend and had as many injuries as us & played with several youngsters to beat us.

That Bolton team tonight was good enough with the right attitude, intensity, desire, work rate & fight to have got something out of that game tonight.

Talk about accepting mediocrity.

Left with 10 to go.

not one player deserves any credit tonight.

first 20 we just punted high crap balls that we haven’t done all season.

numerous crap corners.  Went back sideways, any way but forwards.

poor first touches, not receiving side on - just basics.

hardly any shots with the wind and any we did have were like pass backs.

they also missed 3 one on ones, but they were dreadful, but in fairness just wanted it more.

brainless tackle by Santos given our injury plight.

best thing about the whole night was fish and chips and an early dart.

another pile of crap to add in with Stockport and Wigan defeats.  Totally gutless in 3 local derbies.

Just now, marple whites said:

Left with 10 to go.

they also missed 3 one on ones, but they were dreadful, but in fairness just wanted it more.

another pile of crap to add in with Stockport and Wigan defeats.  Totally gutless in 3 local derbies.

Well said pal perfectly rounded up 

We seemed to develop a way of keeping clean sheets and scraping one goal wins together last season which has completely deserted us.

We desperately need to sign some ‘leaders’ and a goalkeeper who communicates. Gilks booming voice seems to be sorely missed this year. 

27 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

You have every right to be angry Your not alone .

And we shouldn’t except it no excuses ( weather , injuries , sending off ) tonight all the players have had a week off we fielded a pretty strong line up for us playing against a younger inexperienced side whose record is worse than ours . 

The answer to it fuck knows  but the day we except it as the norm we’re as small as fleetwood and the rest of them

I agree with Gonzo and Farny.

I'm never one to call for heads or doing something stupid (mainly because we are fans and we don't have the full.picture)

And also, I don't go to lots of matches, I'll always  take advice from those who know much better and see more.

But I'm sorry, I've never bought into the Evans thing. We have good owners, and a nice manager but he's not a bright young thing I'm afraid. You only have to listen to his pre and post match comments.

I wouldn’t get shut now, but next season, with more changes unless there is an improvement; there would be better managers for us.

39 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Wake up ffs

Think you’ve stuck an extra zero on there, Gonz. They’ve paid their way up the leagues as much as Salford did, they only get away with it because they weren’t followed round by a camera crew.

First 20 minutes tonight it had a weird feeling in the air, as if it wasn’t a ‘proper’ game, and I can’t help feeling the players had a similar mindset. Dunno if that was because of the weather (and an assumption that the game wouldn’t finish), the surroundings or a feeling we only needed to turn up and win, but the lack of professionalism was pretty stark from minute one. 

Turns out the number 20 who ran the game for them has only played 7 games for Fleetwood since Reading released him as a first year school three years ago (spent last season losing every week at Grimsby). The number 38 who was giving it big uns after the goal isn’t even on a pro deal. And yet we’ve got players with hundreds of appearances and big reputations plodding about looking like they wanted to be literally anywhere else. Those couple of minutes where 1-0 became 3-0 gave me some serious vibes of the 7-1 at Accrington, and on showings like tonight (and a few others this season) there’s a real danger that so many of this squad may become as irrelevant as the jobbing bunch of journeymen who turned out for us that day. 

Wonder where Santos is off for Christmas?

At least the pre-match chippy was good  

Roll on Saturday 🙄 

17 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Left with 10 to go.

Perfect summary 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Think you’ve stuck an extra zero on there, Gonz. They’ve paid their way up the leagues as much as Salford did, they only get away with it because they weren’t followed round by a camera crew.

First 20 minutes tonight it had a weird feeling in the air, as if it wasn’t a ‘proper’ game, and I can’t help feeling the players had a similar mindset. Dunno if that was because of the weather (and an assumption that the game wouldn’t finish), the surroundings or a feeling we only needed to turn up and win, but the lack of professionalism was pretty stark from minute one. 

Turns out the number 20 who ran the game for them has only played 7 games for Fleetwood since Reading released him as a first year school three years ago (spent last season losing every week at Grimsby). The number 38 who was giving it big uns after the goal isn’t even on a pro deal. And yet we’ve got players with hundreds of appearances and big reputations plodding about looking like they wanted to be literally anywhere else. Those couple of minutes where 1-0 became 3-0 gave me some serious vibes of the 7-1 at Accrington, and on showings like tonight (and a few others this season) there’s a real danger that so many of this squad may become as irrelevant as the jobbing bunch of journeymen who turned out for us that day. 

Wonder where Santos is off for Christmas?

At least the pre-match chippy was good  

Roll on Saturday 🙄 

Even better. Bang on.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

we didn't though

Fleetwood were/are better than is.

fact

they were in the cup with their second team.last week.

No excuses, no Evatt bashing. We've just reached our limit with what players we've got left. the fact that none of the midget subs get used says it all. 

• Site Supporter

Just back, got the kids to bed and just about to settle down for an hour of The Ashes.  Hopefully a good first hour might erase some of the disappointment!

Im not going to call out individuals who are criticising as I get it after losing 3-0 to Fleetwood.

For me the main reason we have lost is that we didn’t handle the game and conditions as well as they did. I don’t think it’s because we didn’t try, or that these players are shit or don’t care or IE is out if his depth.

We started badly (again) but then actually came back into it, temporarily mixing it up to good effect. We played some of our usual pretty stuff and also a few longer balls over the top that occasionally looked dangerous. But both forms of the game slowly deteriorated as the game went on.

Our pretty stuff was rarely going to work and because we’ve only had a few days working on the new shape and playing a more direct game, it showed that we were incapable today of doing what we needed to do to get a win. However, without the sending off I think we could have sneaked something out of it.

I do think with a good right back, MJ, and Bakayoko we would have handled this game much better - that’s with this set of players. Add to that a midfield leader and a creative number 10 which must be a priority in the window, we will not only add quality to our usual style but also add a bit of grit and leadership to handle games like that one this evening better.