Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doncaster (H)

desperado

• Site Supporter

Threadbare going into this one. I’d keep the same back 4, I thought Baptiste did ok at RB. I’m hoping Doyle is back (have we heard if he might be available?) God knows what IE does in centre mid. Might try Johnstone there again.

Dixon

Baptiste

Santos

Aimson

John

Johnstone

Thomason

Lee

Dapo

Isgrove

Doyle

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

they may work on it in training, although personally I'd make it light training

I know what you are saying, he’s certainly not a natural pick there. But he does have some qualities that a good def midfielder needs; composed on the ball, good passer, breaks up play, keeps possession well. But as you say it would definitely need some (light!!) work on the training pitch. I’m not sure who else goes there? One of the young lads?

• Site Supporter

Even with that team we should be strong enough to see these no-marks off.

And along with FGR they were the most vociferous in wanting us shut down.

I hope everyone remembers that and makes it as  uncomfortable for them as possible.

Forgive and forget my arse. Never forgive, never forget.

Wasn't keen on the idea of Baptiste at right back a few weeks ago but he did well there, other than getting bullied for the winning goal. Pretty solid, just doesn't offer as much going forward.

I wonder when Jones is back, they had a bad diagnosis but wanted a second opinion as he had no pain when running, not heard since then. Better to be cautious I suppose than risk losing him for longer.

That team @desperadohas listed isn't too bad when looking at it. Capable of beating second-bottom of the league.

I think it may be a really scrappy 1-1 though.

51 minutes ago, desperado said:

Threadbare going into this one. I’d keep the same back 4, I thought Baptiste did ok at RB. I’m hoping Doyle is back (have we heard if he might be available?) God knows what IE does in centre mid. Might try Johnstone there again.

Dixon

Baptiste

Santos

Aimson

John

Johnstone

Thomason

Lee

Dapo

Isgrove

Doyle

Let’s hope Doyle is back and I would go with that line up

I wasn't at Wycombe to see how bad Kachunga played, but with no Bakayoko and Sheehan, and with Sarce gone, I'd be amazed if Kachunga was dropped.  I'd expect a midfield of Thomason, Lee, Kachunga and Dapo with Doyle up front if fit.  And if Kachunga's dropped I'm going with Ameachi to replace him.  Who knows though! 

2 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

me and H are guests of aunty Sharron for this , i'll be biting my lip quite a bit , especially if we have even more rubbish officials.

should be interesting if he's in the same kind of form as at Stockport

enjoy, could be your last game for a while :D

Won't it be...

Dixon

Baptiste Santos Aimson

Isgrove                                                        John

Lee          Thomason

Kachunga                                        Dapo

Doyle

I forgot about Isgrove.  So yes a midfield of Isgrove, Lee, Thomason, Dapo.  Kachunga behind Doyle?  Or Dapo behind Doyle if Amaechi plays instead of Kachunga and plays on the wing.  

Whoever plays, we must have orthodox full backs, none of this 3 centre back stuff again please where nobody seems to quite understand where they should be or who they should be picking up.  Round pegs in round holes to maximise our limited resources.

53 minutes ago, Traf said:

Won't it be...

Dixon

Baptiste Santos Aimson

Lee          Thomason

Doyle

Can’t see Evatt going with back 3. Looks ok to me though. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Won't it be...

Dixon

Baptiste Santos Aimson

Lee          Thomason

Doyle

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can’t see Evatt going with back 3. Looks ok to me though. 

It’s not really a back 3 if Isgrove & DJ do their jobs properly - it becomes a back 5 when required

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s not really a back 3 if Isgrove & DJ do their jobs properly - it becomes a back 5 when required

That's fine until we're hit on the break and one, or even both of the fullbacks are in attack mode. A couple of times in the last few games the wingbacks have been left stranded upfield due to our inability to finish. 

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That's fine until we're hit on the break and one, or even both of the fullbacks are in attack mode. A couple of times in the last few games the wingbacks have been left stranded upfield due to our inability to finish. 

That’s why you have extra centre half and CDM to cover. They have to see the danger first though.