Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doncaster (H)

desperado

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He is, but i’d prefer him in our squad than Katchunga, although i thought Gnahoua was better than the pair if them.

I'd put them roughly on a par.  Dodoo did have a goal in him, scored 4 in 15 starts in league 1.  The one v Burton was a cracker, and his others weren't bad.  But body language didn't look right if it wasn't going well.  Kachunga seems to have a better work ethic and is more of a team player.  If I had to put my house on 1 player creating or scoring in a run of 5 games I'd say Arthur, but he did have a tendency to drift out of games.   I bet he wasn't on half the money though.

53 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Dixon

Santos Aimson Johnston

Isgrove Lee Thomason Gordon

Kachunga Doyle Afolayan

1-1

Doncaster to score early, Amaechi to score a late equaliser

No Declan John?

25 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Comfortable win for Wanderers tonight so 3-0 to the Whites. Donny are the weakest team we’ve played yet so I don’t expect any problems.

Admire your optimism and wish i shared it.

2-1 win with a very nervy last 10 mins.

The Ref will be shit.

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

No Declan John?

Admire your optimism and wish i shared it.

2-1 win with a very nervy last 10 mins.

The Ref will be shit.

DJ not been at it for me lately, looks unfit and lacking confidence. Think Gordon is more athletic and be better in a back 5.

We will probably play 4 at the back and Johnston in midfield anyway. Don’t really care, as long as we don’t lose!

42 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Comfortable win for Wanderers tonight so 3-0 to the Whites. Donny are the weakest team we’ve played yet so I don’t expect any problems.

Dony got 64 points in this league last season don’t think there are any push overs for us in our current predicament.

Hoping to see Aimson alongside Santos

Wouldn’t mind seeing a front 3 of Dapo, Kachunga, Amaechi

I think that means Johnston would have to start in CM with Thomason and Lee unless I’m missing someone (assuming Isgrove is RB).

It’s these types of times where a youngster can make a name for themselves. I don’t see any starting but they will almost definitely be needed off the bench - hopefully someone can take their chance!