Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doncaster (H)

desperado

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

points from tonight

lucky not to go 0-1 down , rubbish finishing from them

when we play the ball forward quickly we can score more easily than the laboured passing across the back.

game over when their player was sent off 

second half , we could of scored 6

oh, and going in the chairman's (woman) suite is ace.

thank you Sharron.

Did Sharon help to hang the flag up? 😀

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Big, big win. Well chuffed.

Okay who were worse, Crewe or Doncaster?

These tonight.  Crewe were bigger stronger and dirtier than Doncaster. They played like they were already down tonight.

This was just what we needed. Three points and a clean sheet. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I think it's the only time I've ever seen a side trying to time waste when they were 2 and then 3 down. They couldn't wait for the game to be over

Their keeper was knocking the shit of his boots wasting time even at three nil down.

To be fair, I think every one wanted the final whistle after an hour.

• Moderators

That'll do 

Just about looking up rather than down 

Kachunga can have motm for me. Assist goal and some surging runs 

Didn't think it was a red, even though it was through the back of him from behind, but the reactions from our lot probably swung it 

Only complaint was we probably had the most corners we've had in a game this season and still did fuck all with any of them

3 hours ago, desperado said:

In the same way we shouldn’t overreact when we lose, we shouldn’t get carried away with what finished as a comfortable win against a side that gave up.

That first 20 was as poor as I’ve seen us, God knows what would have happened had they finished that easy chance early on. But that’s the kind of luck you need to take advantage of and we certainly did that.

I really hope Kachunga, Gordon, Johnstone and Thomason can have the same impact Saturday and beyond  - but I’m not convinced. And if they don’t I hope folk won’t turn on them, because it certainly won’t be from lack of effort. All 4 of them were great today and were the last off the pitch clapping the fans, it meant a lot to them, great to see.

Amaechi had an interesting cameo, he covered every blade of grass in that last third of the pitch before he got his first touch to ironic cheers! He’s certainly got some skill, pace and talent. But again at the moment I don’t know if IE could replace him for Dapo Saturday and trust him from the start in a wide role which requires some tracking back. He’s still got a lot to learn and a lot of fitness to catch up on.

Chuffed for Doyle - without his goal we could be talking a different outcome today

Aimson and John both looked excellent today too.

Overall a very pleasing evening, 3 goals, 3 points. Next few games certainly won’t be as easy as that. 

COYWM

Good post la

Impressed with Liam Gordon this season.

Let's be honest, he's pretty limited in his abilities as a footballer at present and found the jump from National League South/National League a bit too much last season, possibly/probably not helped by playing alongside the likes of Greenidge & taft in front of Crellin. 

He went back to Dagenham, played another half season and came back determined to win a place here. he admitted that he wasn't fit/sharp enough last season, but hasn't really let us down when called upon this time around.

Bear in mind that he's still only 22 with only about 20 league games under his belt. 

Not the best, but has come back with a great attitude.

Not sure I’d want to repeat the Gordon experiment again against a better team, but you can guarantee he’ll take on the task with enthusiasm and he provided a consistent outlet last night and was probably my MOM given the circumstances.

Talking of players out of position, Rowe at centre back for Donny in the second half (mard arse number 10) is normally a winger according to Wiki!

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not sure I’d want to repeat the Gordon experiment again against a better team, but you can guarantee he’ll take on the task with enthusiasm and he provided a consistent outlet last night and was probably my MOM given the circumstances.

Talking of players out of position, Rowe at centre back for Donny in the second half (mard arse number 10) is normally a winger according to Wiki!

I wouldn’t call it an experiment if it was the only option per se

Small point but if you're going to piss about wasting time giving managers yellow cards then surely you have to follow that up and send them off when they encroach on the playing area?

Also, if two professional footballers decide to take a short corner and the result is an offside they should have to give their weekly wage to a local charity.

I know they were utter shite but important 3 points that, have to scramble for whatever we can get in the next run of games.

• Site Supporter

Look at the 3rd goal again.

The proactive approach from John makes all the difference. 

He's out wide, but when the ball is played to him, he doesn't wait for it, but seizes the opportunity, plays a give and go, and causes all sorts of problems in their defence. 

That's what city do; pass it around, create a slight opening than inject that sudden bit of pace and job done.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Small point but if you're going to piss about wasting time giving managers yellow cards then surely you have to follow that up and send them off when they encroach on the playing area?

Also, if two professional footballers decide to take a short corner and the result is an offside they should have to give their weekly wage to a local charity.

I know they were utter shite but important 3 points that, have to scramble for whatever we can get in the next run of games.

That, and taking foul throws, They are professionals for fuck sake.

• Members
10 hours ago, Zico said:

That'll do 

Just about looking up rather than down 

Kachunga can have motm for me. Assist goal and some surging runs 

Didn't think it was a red, even though it was through the back of him from behind, but the reactions from our lot probably swung it 

Only complaint was we probably had the most corners we've had in a game this season and still did fuck all with any of them

Nah no intention to play the ball tackle from behind. Off you fuck

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Steejay said:

Did Sharon help to hang the flag up? 😀

12 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

wasn't there , secret meeting apparently 

I really do hope this hasn’t passed under the radar but let me see if I’ve got this right:

You win a seat at the Chairperson’s table for the next home game, which happened to be last night, but the person making space on that table was the very person you’d won the opportunity to sit beside, chat to, swap BWFC anecdotes , etc., with wasn’t actually there? I’d say that was fairly poor form on Sharron’s part.