Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Doncaster (H)

desperado

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A couple of other points I don't think that have been mentioned:

- On freeze frame, is Doyle possibly about an inch off side for the 1st goal?

Fuck off. Not you personally, but this sort of shit in general.

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fuck off. Not you personally, but this sort of shit in general.

I agree.  I hate the rule especially since VAR effectively changed the interpretation of it.  I'd prefer it if the whole body had to be offside for it to be given, supposed to be advantage to the striker but doesn't seem to be in the VAR games.

11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You saying everyone else is forced to take the knee?

Personally i couldn’t give a flying fuck about taking the knee, it’s run its course now.

Last night was the first time i’ve noticed a team not joining in that’s all.

Pretty much Yes - since SKy put it on there agenda to ram it down our throats at the start of every live televised match

Also it was noticable that last season on quite a few occasions our players didnt take the knee - whats changed this season? I dont think they have had a change of heart - I think they are "encouraged" to do it

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bwfc2003 said:

Pretty much Yes - since SKy put it on there agenda to ram it down our throats at the start of every live televised match

Also it was noticable that last season on quite a few occasions our players didnt take the knee - whats changed this season? I dont think they have had a change of heart - I think they are "encouraged" to do it

Which players

I think its more likely a fuck you, to the ones who don't like it

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It was a treat to see Dapo on the right wing for part of last night, beating the full back as if he wasn't there and putting it on a plate for Kachunga.  If I'm not mistaken that's his first direct assist in the league, very rare for him to cross when he's on the left wing.

It was nice to see his work on the right. Not sure about direct assists, but his work/talent/performances have created a hell of a lot 

Another great stat from last night was with Aimson.

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, MickyD said:

I really do hope this hasn’t passed under the radar but let me see if I’ve got this right:

You win a seat at the Chairperson’s table for the next home game, which happened to be last night, but the person making space on that table was the very person you’d won the opportunity to sit beside, chat to, swap BWFC anecdotes , etc., with wasn’t actually there? I’d say that was fairly poor form on Sharron’s part.

it was disappointing, however i'm sure she had something more important to do.

it didn't spoil the evening one bit, met some very clever people from the UOB who were great to listen to .

the food was superb , and what ever we wanted to drink.

had to sit on my hands to stop me gesticulating to Wellans , still a cheating c..t

3 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

My yoof knows a yoof who knows Amaechi and his game and swears he is fucking incredible when he has a chance.

I'm far older than them and just nod and take another gulp from the pint pot.

You can see there's bags of skill there, just hope he can harness it correctly.  Preferably after signing a permanent deal with us.  His free kick was a decent effort. Particularly to a crowd starved of decent set piece delivery

54 minutes ago, Traf said:

He hasn't impressed yet. Hopefully he'll be up to speed very soon.

He was bizarrely slow when he came on at about 70' v Stockport.

I'm not going to write-off a talent for one 50' interlude in a strange game but that was a bit concerning. But he's young & has a lot to learn.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

2 hours ago, desperado said:

It was nice to see his work on the right. Not sure about direct assists, but his work/talent/performances have created a hell of a lot 

Another great stat from last night was with Aimson.

Very strange stat of Dapo's.  Created over 50 chances and no goals came from them?  (before last night).  Unless they include the goals he scored himself.  I had a quick look through our results and definitely no direct assists before last night, he did earn a couple of pens we scored from, but he tends to either shoot or pass from deeper positions rather than get to the byline and cross like a traditional winger.  Brilliant set up last night on the opposite wing.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Very strange stat of Dapo's.  Created over 50 chances and no goals came from them?  (before last night).  Unless they include the goals he scored himself.  I had a quick look through our results and definitely no direct assists before last night, he did earn a couple of pens we scored from, but he tends to either shoot or pass from deeper positions rather than get to the byline and cross like a traditional winger.  Brilliant set up last night on the opposite wing.

I think to an extent, it's inevitable with him playing on the "wrong" side.

If he played on the right, he might create more, but score fewer. 

• Site Supporter
On 24/11/2021 at 12:07, MickyD said:

I really do hope this hasn’t passed under the radar but let me see if I’ve got this right:

You win a seat at the Chairperson’s table for the next home game, which happened to be last night, but the person making space on that table was the very person you’d won the opportunity to sit beside, chat to, swap BWFC anecdotes , etc., with wasn’t actually there? I’d say that was fairly poor form on Sharron’s part.

You've just reminded me about something.

When we waived the right to refunds were waivees names put in a draw for a free hospitality day at a match. I got emails from that Paul Holloway / Holliday (?) to say I'd won one and that they would be in touch. Have I made that up or am I waiting for a grand day out ?