Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Stanley away

Marc505

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It has, though our performances were poor before so many became injured.

Our home form has got a bit better strangely, but this apparent lack of application is a worry. Shouldn't matter who is playing in that regard.

We are playing the same small group of players 2 times a week, they aren’t getting any break or rest and that’s a big problem. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Tutte

Jones

Santos

Bakayoko

isgrove

Sheehan

Aimson

thats a lot of experienced pros injured/unavailable,   that’s got to be taken into account. 

Of course it does mate. Anyone not doing is a numpty.

Gonna be a hard season but Evatt deserves a chance and to be given two windows to build. As long as we steer clear of a dogfight.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Spot on Daz

I can take losing, but not I can’t take losing because of a lack of effort. 

That’ where i’m at. The lack of fight/pride/passion is a worry and is there for all to see.

Dapo never hit the bar, but we should have scored a couple, Accy should have scored about 4 or 5.

Heard some of the players getting dogs abuse from the seated end, especially Dapo.

There was a little lad of about 6 who had made a little sign saying “Dapo, can i have your shirt please?” He held it up for most of the match. Dapo went over to him &  gave him his shirt at full time, it was about the only thing he did right all day.

It was cold.

It was wet.

It was miserable.

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Marked out of most games, teams putting 2 men on him to nullify his threat, that said there's space where the 2nd man should be, yet we're not exploting it

Wingers will have a good or bad day, no in between.

If they don;t get on top of the opposing player early doors then it becomes a slog but if the do, they are magic to watch.

Trouble is when they have a mare they are the closest to the touch line and the supporters and get all of the abuse

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We are playing the same small group of players 2 times a week, they aren’t getting any break or rest and that’s a big problem. 

Hang on. Not in the fa cup, just had a week off.

Dapo just missed a game, Johnston not been regular, neither has Baptiste. Can't blame tiredness for them. Doyle played a few games after a lay off.

Young senior played today, he's not been playing at high level and shouldn't be tired.

Amaechi on the bench, should be fresh. 

If things were going well, their energy wouldn't be an issue.

Attitude should be good irrespective of fatigue or otherwise, and if it was a big factor, the Evatt could do no worse that give those kids a few minutes here or there.

At the moment, confidence is shot, clearly, but there is still plenty of higher level experience in this squad and yet things are way off beam in respect of the fundamentals. 

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Today was poor, it’ll be poor until we get the injured players back, I’ll back Evatt and see where we are once we are on the other side of the transfer window. 

Pretty much where I am too. He's had a shite run of luck - but we need to se things start turning around soonish! 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hang on. Not in the fa cup, just had a week off.

Dapo just missed a game, Johnston not been regular, neither has Baptiste. Can't blame tiredness for them. Doyle played a few games after a lay off.

Young senior played today, he's not been playing at high level and shouldn't be tired.

Amaechi on the bench, should be fresh. 

If things were going well, their energy wouldn't be an issue.

Attitude should be good irrespective of fatigue or otherwise, and if it was a big factor, the Evatt could do no worse that give those kids a few minutes here or there.

At the moment, confidence is shot, clearly, but there is still plenty of higher level experience in this squad and yet things are way off beam in respect of the fundamentals. 

Played 16 games in a little over 8 weeks, with a limited squad available and key players injured left right and centre. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

Pretty much where I am too. He's had a shite run of luck - but we need to se things start turning around soonish! 

I'm not sure so many injuries are purely bad luck.

Broken leg for Jones of course, but I'm wondering if some of these others are as a result of training/preparation etc.

I asked Rudy about this the other day.

We know the manager wants then to be very fit and do lots of running etc, and maybe it's not helping some of them.

18 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That might be so but you said they had much better squads than us.. they don’t. 

No I wasn't I was inferring that they didn't have better squads than us, as well as only being the size of some of Bolton's districts hence highlighting how shit we must be.