Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accrington Stanley away

Marc505

53 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Agreed, but annoyingly this isn't new, we should have had a similar list in the summer!?

We signed a centre half (Aimson) midfield player (Sheehan) and forward (Bakayoko)

The challenge now is can IE see what we are lacking ? It is much more about the character/attitude that matters. Karl Henry I would say would not be an Evatt type of signing but IMO is just what we need. Let's see what he gets in, I will judge him based on how we look and perform in second half of the season. 

It was frustrating to watch .

Once again 17 passes on the edge of our own penalty area .  Time and time again.

We ain't gonna to score from there.

Linesman with tinted glasses. 

Time-wasting-  master class.

And the dad who let his young daughter run onto the pitch . And then when ballistic at the stewards for interfering. 

All the youngsters want a shirt but that's not the way to do it.

Poor girl ended up frightened and scared ..

Muppet of a Dad trying to pick a fight infront of her.

Early Start - rattler to Accrington.  Limo for Mr Smith to The Warners Arms .

Landed on our feet with that one.

Rest of us followed at a statigic distance behind some of Bolton's finest .

Who announced their attempt to get in The Bees Nees by chucking smoke bombs and carrying crates of ale. Then looked on incredulously when barred from entering.  1 of them lifted by the coppers at 11.05 .

Visited the Grey Horse at 1.30 . Good atmosphere and buxom barmaid . Excellent fish barm from over the road.

Onto ground where Ash had sorted seats under cover . Good Lad .

Match - shite . Let's leave it there. Nice to watch in the company of Victor .

Walked into town after .

Did a couple of pubs till around 8pm . No mither .

Rattler back to Bolton,  then a curry in the Achari with the dog.

Role on the cavalry arriving as promised by Mr Evatt.

15 minutes ago, embankment said:

Early Start - rattler to Accrington.  Limo for Mr Smith to The Warners Arms .

Landed on our feet with that one.

Rest of us followed at a statigic distance behind some of Bolton's finest .

Who announced their attempt to get in The Bees Nees by chucking smoke bombs and carrying crates of ale. Then looked on incredulously when barred from entering.  1 of them lifted by the coppers at 11.05 .

Visited the Grey Horse at 1.30 . Good atmosphere and buxom barmaid . Excellent fish barm from over the road.

Onto ground where Ash had sorted seats under cover . Good Lad .

Match - shite . Let's leave it there. Nice to watch in the company of Victor .

Walked into town after .

Did a couple of pubs till around 8pm . No mither .

Rattler back to Bolton,  then a curry in the Achari with the dog.

Role on the cavalry arriving as promised by Mr Evatt.

Excellent report Embankment enjoy your reports 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

So to sum it up what most people want are something like Beevers, Henry, O’Neil, and Madine and us to get it forward much more quickly perhaps with a long diagonal ball?

Nope.

Just want us to stop being so weak at the back, and put chances away.

16 hours ago, true white said:

Must of mist all the abuse to players today? I was in seating about halfway line and thought the fans where fantastic? People stood in isles and made it feel like a mini terrace? Thought fans really got behind team and were a credit to the club? Dapo abuse? We’re have people got that from. People frustrated yes but can you blame them? A top turn out for me and players should of feed on that. Last season we were fittest team in league. This season we have no intensity? Let teams play. Attack teams to slowly? Play from back and midfield don’t move so constantly goes back to keeper? Top day out though spoiled by the football. We should be used to that though. 

Good post.  But on the intensity, I'm genuinely struggling to recall games last season when I thought we were playing with real intensity.  Good defending yes for all those 1-0 wins.  A few decent performances and some superb (Scunthorpe, Cambridge at home, Bradford away) but I didn't feel intensity in those hard slog matches in the last 3 months eg Southend, Port Vale, Grimsby, Forest Green, Salford, Morecambe away.  Home v Carlisle, Barrow, Walsall, Harrogate, Colchester, Exeter.  Every one of those games were tough to watch and could have gone either way.  Thankfully in many of those games we did just enough and no more, this season its the same but the opposition are getting the odd goal instead of us, certainly away from home.  The idea that IEs teams play with intensity is lost on me, its slow and laboured much of the time.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Good post.  But on the intensity, I'm genuinely struggling to recall games last season when I thought we were playing with real intensity.  Good defending yes for all those 1-0 wins.  A few decent performances and some superb (Scunthorpe, Cambridge at home, Bradford away) but I didn't feel intensity in those hard slog matches in the last 3 months eg Southend, Port Vale, Grimsby, Forest Green, Salford, Morecambe away.  Home v Carlisle, Barrow, Walsall, Harrogate, Colchester, Exeter.  Every one of those games were tough to watch and could have gone either way.  Thankfully in many of those games we did just enough and no more, this season its the same but the opposition are getting the odd goal instead of us, certainly away from home.  The idea that IEs teams play with intensity is lost on me, its slow and laboured much of the time.

JR, you're absolutely spot on with everything you say.

And this is why I don't understand the total acceptance from some that Evatt plays some superior brand of football, he must have had 70ish games in charge now and we played amazingly well in a fraction.

Haha I know, I know and I wasn’t being serious.

Well maybe a teeny bit.

We haven’t got the squad to consistently play how IE insists we try to so we’re going to lose plenty of games, it is what it is and we will avoid relegation and it’s on to the next season.

You summed it up nicely with what you posted after Fleetwood.

Think bringing in younger loan players in January as Evatt has alluded to won’t cut it .They are exactly what we don’t need right now.We need at least a couple of grisly battlers to stop the opposition taking the piss out of us & kicking Dapo up & down .Not convinced Amaechi is going to be that effective , especially in the mud & rain of away days.A more basic model that’s used to grafting might be a better option.

Survival in league one is now top priority ,not rigid adherence to plan A.

20 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Think bringing in younger loan players in January as Evatt has alluded to won’t cut it .They are exactly what we don’t need right now.We need at least a couple of grisly battlers to stop the opposition taking the piss out of us & kicking Dapo up & down .Not convinced Amaechi is going to be that effective , especially in the mud & rain of away days.A more basic model that’s used to grafting might be a better option.

Survival in league one is now top priority ,not rigid adherence to plan A.

Totally agree with this point, we are not going up this season, and it's unlikely we'll go down, so what we don't need is loan players that will in all honesty not be with us next season, what we need is players coming in to improve for next season, need to start building with more height and grit, for me start with trying to get Quigley from Stockport, that midfielder that ran the show for Cheltenham, a big no nonsense centre back, and build for next season.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Totally agree with this point, we are not going up this season, and it's unlikely we'll go down, so what we don't need is loan players that will in all honesty not be with us next season, what we need is players coming in to improve for next season, need to start building with more height and grit, for me start with trying to get Quigley from Stockport, that midfielder that ran the show for Cheltenham, a big no nonsense centre back, and build for next season.

In fairness, isn't that what this lad would be?

Young lad, signing permanently, hopefully one for now and the the coming seasons.

10 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Didn't go to the game. Watched the highlights this morning. Dixon at fault for the goal. Shocking goalkeeping. 

8 hours ago, Ani said:

Good that people have calmed down but quick reminder that was fucking shit, we have lost to Fleetwood and Accrington this week.

We need extra bodies in midfield desperately there is no energy in there the ones we have in there are running on empty or just back from injury.

Missed Doyle's chance on the day as queuing to get in, John should score too, but after a bright start to second half with the fans behind them last 30 minutes was awful. I just do not see how he can change it significantly , we  look like we might never score again

Except home and away are 2 different things; 9 goals in last 4 home games (11 in 5 if we include Stockport).  And two excellent 2nd half fightbacks in those.  A different game completely away from home.

8 hours ago, Arrested development said:

At fault for the goal at Portsmouth away. At fault for the first goal at home to Cheltenham. At fault for the goal yesterday. He's a problem. He's not good enough to be no 1. 

I agree, I think goalkeeper is a very pressing issue.  The disallowed goal yesterday (why was it disallowed?) summed him up, just no presence with any high ball.  IE seems to have a blind spot with keepers so its unrealistic to think it will be addressed in Jan.  Gilks will surely retire in the summer so at least that prompts another keeper but I'd rather someone else was tasked with recruiting one.