Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

globaldiver

• Site Supporter

I'd wouldn't mind watching 28 in a few more games. Try to see if he can dictate play against a few teams.

He was imperious at first, but once we changed formation, then got on the front foot second half, his influence lessened.

Thing is, if he is consistent against others teams, his value would probably be beyond means any way.

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

We was saying about the orange warriors mobbing up in the away end, police at the bottom of WSL you men causing aggro? 

48 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Pretty sure they took a Bolton fan out of WSL cos the Cheltenham lot pointed him out as a wind up

The lad in WSL was warned before the game by the Superviser Steward to behave himself. He was told he was being watched by the folk in the CCTV suite because he spends more time turned towards the away supporters being a cock. 
(I know this because a pal of his is related to the Rochdale lot I sit with)

Well, if I’d had a friendly, “You’re being watched” warning, maybe I wouldn’t still spend all the game facing the Cheltenham fans conducting them whilst they sang songs about me being a dick. Who knows what goes on in his head though.

Personally, I’d rather he fucked off to ESL where the rest of the amoeba brains go.

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'd wouldn't mind watching 28 in a few more games. Try to see if he can dictate play against a few teams.

He was imperious at first, but once we changed formation, then got on the front foot second half, his influence lessened.

Thing is, if he is consistent against others teams, his value would probably be beyond means any way.

I would of thought after 2 seasons Evatt should of seen a few diamonds at the league 1 and 2 that now were out of a embargo we can pick up in the summer to push us on if it’s a choice between us or the likes of Cheltenham there should be only one winner    

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

I would of thought after 2 seasons Evatt should of seen a few diamonds at the league 1 and 2 that now were out of a embargo we can pick up in the summer to push us on if it’s a choice between us or the likes of Cheltenham there should be only one winner    

He's their player though; if we wanted him or similar, then we'd have to pay the money. It then comes down to whether we have it. Only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's their player though; if we wanted him or similar, then we'd have to pay the money. It then comes down to whether we have it. Only time will tell.

and the other number of x games that he plays in

Can’t remember which former pro it was who said don’t sign players off how they play against you

How would he have fared with MJ cutting the little cunt in half?

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Can’t remember which former pro it was who said don’t sign players off how they play against you

If this was a quiz, my educated guess would be Brendan Rogers.
Wasn’t he Liverpool’s manager when we played in FACup? Bogdan had a great game so Liverpool bought him.

Some real positives to take from that today, including being fucking positive I’ve got hypothermia.

Evatt said in his post match that they surprised him by not lining up as he had prepared for and it showed for the first 20.

Thought they came to have a good go which made for an entertaining game.

Presume Delf had been told to play in the way he did but it added nothing at all, might be more of a sign of how threadbare we are than a criticism of him though.

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen the goals on sky web site.

Not easy to say, but I reckon Santos was off side for the goal.

If you mean the ‘goal’ that was disallowed, there were 4 of our lads stood offside - Santos included.

Peach of a pass to play in May for their 2nd.

Doyle should have broke the net after Katchungas exquisite set-up.

A great game to watch and i suppose a draw was a fair result.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

If you mean the ‘goal’ that was disallowed, there were 4 of our lads stood offside - Santos included.

Peach of a pass to play in May for their 2nd.

Doyle should have broke the net after Katchungas exquisite set-up.

A great game to watch and i suppose a draw was a fair result.

Yes, that one. There was much debate, and I think it might have been around where they were when Thomason first shot. The deflection was off their player I think, so they couldn't be offside at that point- so had to be at the initial point of contact by the midfielder. I think they're closer at that point.

Just had several more looks. Although there are plenty of players beyond Santos, he is only just off when GT shoots. 

Had he been on, it may still have been disallowed if the others had been deemed to be interfering. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

3 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

An excellent performance and result all told.

Keep the two No.10s please, Evatt. 👍

Their no 28 Crowley was class, hardly wasted a ball and very composed.  Contract runs out in January.  I'd be more than happy with May, Crowley and Stockton in our squad come next August.  Just examples of players at our level that would add something to our squad, that seem within our reach on the face of it.

Great game today once we joined in after the tactical change.  Could have been 3 down before that, but as it was only 1 we really deserved to win that game after that.  Kachunga, Thomasson, John, Santos and Aimson superb.  Ameachi has got something clearly, but wasteful with final ball and shooting today.  Very pleased overall, the 2nd half reminded me of the last 15 mintues comeback against Gillingham, great stuff.

36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yes, that one. There was much debate, and I think it might have been around where they were when Thomason first shot. The deflection was off their player I think, so they couldn't be offside at that point- so had to be at the initial point of contact by the midfielder. I think they're closer at that point.

Just had several more looks. Although there are plenty of players beyond Santos, he is only just off when GT shoots. 

Had he been on, it may still have been disallowed if the others had been deemed to be interfering. 

Not seen it since but it looked like it came of there player

34 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I also think it was a handball that blocked Tommo’s shot, but i think the players were offside from the moment it left Tommo’s boot.

Most of our lads were up for the corner, but it was played short & quickly worked to Tommo. The Cheltenham players moved forward and some of our players stayed were they were

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Their no 28 Crowley was class, hardly wasted a ball and very composed.  Contract runs out in January.  I'd be more than happy with May, Crowley and Stockton in our squad come next August.  Just examples of players at our level that would add something to our squad, that seem within our reach on the face of it.

Great game today once we joined in after the tactical change.  Could have been 3 down before that, but as it was only 1 we really deserved to win that game after that.  Kachunga, Thomasson, John, Santos and Aimson superb.  Ameachi has got something clearly, but wasteful with final ball and shooting today.  Very pleased overall, the 2nd half reminded me of the last 15 mintues comeback against Gillingham, great stuff.

I agree they're good players but I'm not sure whether they're within our reach or not as I have no idea what our budget is going to be. I'm not claiming they aren't, just that I don't know. 

To be honest though, my post re. the two No. 10s was about Kachunga and Ameachi playing those roles after we switched formation.