Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)


globaldiver

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

I think the first 11 picks itself today. My only issue is there won't be many options off the bench. Basically Delf and that's it really as far as attacking options go 

I think for that reason, Xav will be the one on the bench. If things are going wrong, he could change the game.

The only way Delf changes a game is by going off. Doesnt look interested

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I think for that reason, Xav will be the one on the bench. If things are going wrong, he could change the game.

The only way Delf changes a game is by going off. Doesnt look interested

I completely get where you’re coming from, and reading Evatt’s comments I actually think he’ll go with Delf and have Xav on the bench, BUT it’s a funny way to rationalise it, essentially saying - I’ll start my shit player so that the good one can come on and change the game 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wouldn't be surprised to see Delf start to give the full back more cover but bring on Xav with half an hour ish to go.

Gordon at RB & Johnston in the MJ role did really well on Tuesday but we'll get a better idea how good they are today when they are given more of a defensive test.

Quietly confident. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, TrickyTrotter said:

North wind. Keepers will hit Shaz in the Directors Box.  Except we’ll be fannying around at the back.

Be fine in ESL, Arctic in WSL.

It swirls about though, but if its a north wind, it will come over the north stand wont it? To be honest, can't see Dixon doing it, as he tends to throw it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Casino said:

Think that's harsh

And, either way, we need a bit of something unpredictable imo

It was just a hunch, definitely not saying he is, I haven't seen enough of him.  Just has the look of someone that might have that as part of his make up.  Ronaldo was a bit of a show pony in his early days at OT (the 6 stepovers and feinting to cross or shoot a few times, then doing neither very well) - and he did OK in his career.  Ameachi has potential, hope it comes to fruition with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It swirls about though, but if its a north wind, it will come over the north stand wont it? To be honest, can't see Dixon doing it, as he tends to throw it. 

My geography A level tells me that the North Stand is really the North West Stand, but you’re right it does swirl.  Sunglasses needed for ESL I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It was just a hunch, definitely not saying he is, I haven't seen enough of him.  Just has the look of someone that might have that as part of his make up.  Ronaldo was a bit of a show pony in his early days at OT (the 6 stepovers and feinting to cross or shoot a few times, then doing neither very well) - and he did OK in his career.  Ameachi has potential, hope it comes to fruition with us.

He made some very intelligent runs on Tuesday night which his teammates didn't spotted or opted not to make the pass.

If they can build an understanding he could really offer something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.