Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Maxwell

Dimron

• Members
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

What degree of abuse ? You seem to want to scale it in some way. 

I think the scale (if proven guilty) is enticing young kids into providing sexual favours to older men for some type of reward. To be clear it is exactly the same as someone in a random northern town enticing a young vulnerable girl to suck off his mates for a tin of Stella and a line of Charlie. The same as a football coach playing with a kids knob for the promise of a game in the big team or a catholic priest using alter boys to stroke their balls.

There are two sides to this,  predatory abusers and victims. The 'rewards' do not become more acceptable because they are more expensive. The parents do not become to blame because they might be middle class. The whole cycle of abuse starts from the victims and their families being assured that everything is ok. 

The reason people do not come forward is often fear, not just the abusers but of being labelled 'to blame.' To say or even imply the victims and their families are to blame is simply helping this abuse to continue. It is just about decency for fucks sake. 

I’m amazed you’ve had to type this

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Ani said:

What degree of abuse ? You seem to want to scale it in some way. 

I think the scale (if proven guilty) is enticing young kids into providing sexual favours to older men for some type of reward. To be clear it is exactly the same as someone in a random northern town enticing a young vulnerable girl to suck off his mates for a tin of Stella and a line of Charlie. The same as a football coach playing with a kids knob for the promise of a game in the big team or a catholic priest using alter boys to stroke their balls.

There are two sides to this,  predatory abusers and victims. The 'rewards' do not become more acceptable because they are more expensive. The parents do not become to blame because they might be middle class. The whole cycle of abuse starts from the victims and their families being assured that everything is ok. 

The reason people do not come forward is often fear, not just the abusers but of being labelled 'to blame.' To say or even imply the victims and their families are to blame is simply helping this abuse to continue. It is just about decency for fucks sake. 

that was almost the perfect retort, but you failed to cover the questions around "why are they only coming forward now" if it happened years ago, and the cynical thinking that goes into discrediing victims of abuse by questioning their motives

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

I’m amazed you’ve had to type this

TBF I think people focus on the end position, young kid being flown round the world, meeting royalty etc etc which seems pretty glamorous. The reality of what it 'costs' is hidden and they have been manipulated along the way. I do not think anyone on this is anything other than appalled at the thought of abuse, but as the cost is hidden people forget it is being paid. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

that was almost the perfect retort, but you failed to cover the questions around "why are they only coming forward now" if it happened years ago, and the cynical thinking that goes into discrediing victims of abuse by questioning their motives

I think the last paragraph covered that.

• Members
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

And people wonder how Savile got away it with it for so many years... It was because of paedophile-apologists like this.

Just now, Sweep said:

I think Bolty has Cheese filtered, so he won't have seen what he's called him.....otherwise you're right, there would be a lengthy reply on it's way

My work here is done

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

I think the last paragraph covered that.

To a degree I suppose, was thinking more about why they do so in the end

People often assume some ulterior motive for finally plucking up the courage to talk about what happened because the accused are rich or famous 

No one ever asked why Bennels victims ever came forward earlier

31 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Can't believe ( well I can actually) that anyone on a moral crusade about grooming gangs can believe there may be a grey area where rich, entitled, sick, plum voiced nonces are concerned. 

No grey area as far as I’m concerned.

The ‘grey area’ is when this gets lots of publicity and this doesn’t.

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/news-appeals/forty-two-people-charged-child-sexual-offending-kirklees?fbclid=IwAR0Z3vAV2lth0zhRPGuJafnl5NePS6PAl5OxRBMNqmcKK5hd1pGtQqfs7HU#.YaeU9mOxjdU.facebook

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Probably because they aren't rich, famous or hang out with royals 

TBF the grooming gangs get the publicity once they are caught and charged 

It's just sadly nothing new these days and not worthy of headline news

• Site Supporter

I honestly thought we’d long since established that UK based grooming gangs are kept out of the media spotlight until a conviction has been made, lest the trial collapse when every fucker knows about it and it jeopardises the process?

I thought we knew this, I really did.

The BBC don’t report it and nor do any of the main papers until the cunts are firmly behind bars.

The yanks work differently.

10 minutes ago, Zico said:

Probably because they aren't rich, famous or hang out with royals 

TBF the grooming gangs get the publicity once they are caught and charged 

It's just sadly nothing new these days and not worthy of headline news

Yep. Nothing to see here. 42 people CHARGED with sex offences and nothing on the news. 
ONE woman, who seems to be famous and it’s headline news. 

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

I honestly thought we’d long since established that UK based grooming gangs are kept out of the media spotlight until a conviction has been made, lest the trial collapse when every fucker knows about it and it jeopardises the process?

The BBC don’t report it and nor do any of the main papers until the cunts are firmly behind bars.

This is a thread about Maxwell. 
innocent until proved guilty.

The same can be said about all accused.

The comments on here would suggest people have already made their minds up.

Edited by BobyBrno

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Media can and do report arrests/charges. Beyond that, nothing until trial.

Th'Americans are very different of course; already made programmes about all this before the trial. Now the president is happy to comment on cases too.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

Yep. Nothing to see here. 42 people CHARGED with sex offences and nothing on the news. 
ONE woman, who seems to be famous and it’s headline news. 

you need to get yourself off MSM and follow Tommy Robinson et al, they'll make sure you know as/when such crimes are going on

seriously though

if you wanted every crime repored on the news, there woudln't be enough hours in the day

it might not be worth of BBC news headlines but I'm happy that you posted a link that showed us another gang had been caught

the thing to remember though, it's generally not the victims being abused that make the news, it's the ones doing the crimes

asian gangs are 10 a penny these days

socialities and royal families, less so, hence, they make the news

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

This is a thread about Maxwell. 
innocent until proved guilty.

The same can be said about all accused.

The comments on here would suggest people have already made their minds up.

So that's 43 potentially innocent people then? Most of us aren't discussing the manner of the press reporting these things, it's a topic all of its own. The important thing in all this is getting all these sick bastards behind bars. 

The main thing that disturbs me on this whole thing is that it seems to be two Brits in Maxwell and P Andrew being chased by the US authorities when it’s well known that senior US individuals like Clinton, who also took regular trips on the “Lola Express” haven’t been chased by the authorities. It’s also a concern for me that the Judge is a relative of Carney, head of the FBI and who framed Trump with the “Russia” nonsense. Almost everyone, 99% of those charged by the authorities ends up being found guilty, so no wonder Maxwell attempted to evade them for so long. Neither do I blame Andrew, who I believe to be entirely guilty, for refusing to engage with them. Sadly, the US legal system is one of the most corrupt and biased in the world.