Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Is it any more impressive than DeVeers? I’m just not sure what plans Radisson has that DeVeer failed to capitalise on. There must’ve been a reason for a major hotelier to cut ties. We await the first move.

Se Veres caught us on the way down. We're on the way up now. We'll be having concerts (do people still say concerts?), boxing, rugby and even womens football on in a bit.

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Is it any more impressive than DeVeers? I’m just not sure what plans Radisson has that DeVeer failed to capitalise on. There must’ve been a reason for a major hotelier to cut ties. We await the first move.

I think De Vere were restructuring at the time Mickey. They sold off many of their golf hotels and courses and increased the number of “Village” locations, so maybe The Whites no longer fitted in their plans?

Edited by Whitesince63

Did they issue 2million £1 shares, buy them, then two weeks later do a deal that they had prior knowledge of that would raise the value of those shares?

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, don’t know much about shares in private limited companies and just wondering if that’s the situation.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Did they issue 2million £1 shares, buy them, then two weeks later do a deal that they had prior knowledge of that would raise the value of those shares?

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, don’t know much about shares in private limited companies and just wondering if that’s the situation.

Grass.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Like you, I dont know much either but I can't see the point

Issuing 2 million shares only reduced the value of the shares they had

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Gonk said:

De Veres was basically Greenall Whitley, a regional brewer of not very good beer - not an international hotel chain

This. 

Radisson is an international brand, but the wording of the name, Rasisson Ondividuals sounds a bit like a watered-down thing. A bit like Hampton by Hilton.

But its investment and another step back in the right direction. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Gonk said:

De Veres was basically Greenall Whitley, a regional brewer of not very good beer - not an international hotel chain

They must just have a better marketing set up than the likes of Travel Lodge.

12 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

As the company is not listed on any stock market, there's no market to abuse (Insider Trading is covered by Market Abuse Regulations). As an unlisted company there is no quoted share price. The £1 nominal value is just that, a nominal value. For shares to change hands (other than a new issue) a buyer and seller have to agree the price per share between them. IMHO everything being done by FV seems to be tidying up the balance sheet and moving the club to a stable financial footing. Onwards and upwards! 

4 hours ago, Morizio said:

I’ve stayed quite comfortably for a few days in a city centre Radisson Individual. 

4 hours ago, Morizio said:

and I’ve shagged a bird from behind up against the window pitch side at the whites hotel 😁

But which was best?

20 minutes ago, Morizio said:

In what way? 

Early days I was told that the funding arrangements plan were the same as what sweaty had tried to do. 

Maybe underwhelmed more than concerned (Ken levels)

Disappointed they are still losing money on latest reports.

Still looks like a lot of the debt from yesteryear floating about.

Also look at the appointments since taking over (behind the scenes) again doesn’t look great reading.

Im hoping it’s more about being new too it than anything else but expectations have been tempered a bit.

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Also look at the appointments since taking over (behind the scenes) again doesn’t look great reading.

Im hoping it’s more about being new too it than anything else but expectations have been tempered a bit.

Not sure how they are expected to make money over the last 18 months of Covid.. no crowds, no concerts, hotel shut, rugby World Cup cancelled, it’s been a hospitality/entertainment shit show for most of their tenure. 

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Appointing Hart hasn't impressed me, the guy's a fucking bell end.

47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure how they are expected to make money over the last 18 months of Covid.. no crowds, no concerts, hotel shut, rugby World Cup cancelled, it’s been a hospitality/entertainment shit show for most of their tenure. 

Season tickets without stadium costs and 5th biggest I follow revenue is where my logic goes.