Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

I'll have to keep my eye out for him then. He'd just looked pretty anonymous from what I've seen - so I was surprised to read how much he's disliked. Apart from the decision to ban betting adverts inside the ground - he'd gone under the radar for me. And I thought that was a decent move anyway.

The membership scheme. Meh - just an knee jerk event to try to avoid a fine I reckon. Not really changed things for me either way.

No excuse for calling supporters "customers" though. He needs to sort that shit out pronto! 😁

53 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'll have to keep my eye out for him then. He'd just looked pretty anonymous from what I've seen - so I was surprised to read how much he's disliked. Apart from the decision to ban betting adverts inside the ground - he'd gone under the radar for me. And I thought that was a decent move anyway.

The membership scheme. Meh - just an knee jerk event to try to avoid a fine I reckon. Not really changed things for me either way.

No excuse for calling supporters "customers" though. He needs to sort that shit out pronto! 😁

So to sum up Mr Harts "Achievements" during his short time in the job -

1, Referred to BWFC supporters as "Customers"

2, Refuses to give a refund for cancelled games - until the game has bee re-arranged.

3, Introduced the membership scheme.

4, Prevented the purchase of match by match tickets in "crazy corner" forcing crazy corner types to find seats in other areas amongst normal folk.

5, Being far too pushy for someone fresh in the job, trying to make a name for himself 😄

Edited by Burndens Bogs

41 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The thing its changed for all of us, is that our attendances will be reduced.  That weakens the club and arguably the matchday experience, however slightly.  Whether paying spectators reduce by 1% or 20% nobody knows, but we now have less people coming to games than we would if everyone that was going to attend (willfully or reluctantly) didn't have to join a membership scheme first.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Clarence Carter said:

Sharon Brittan interview:

Interesting watch that. Sheds some light on the decision to ban betting at the stadium. Apparently her ex-husband had a gambling addiction which led to their separation, and she also talks about the effect gambling has on wider society. Makes perfect sense. We've got a proper principled owner in Shazza. The future's bright.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Interesting watch that. Sheds some light on the decision to ban betting at the stadium. Apparently her ex-husband had a gambling addiction which led to their separation, and she also talks about the effect gambling has on wider society. Makes perfect sense. We've got a proper principled owner in Shazza. The future's bright.

She comes over really well. Very honest I think, knows the size of the job and isn't afraid to take it on.

We're in good hands with FV.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Be fascinating to see some of these people who critisise everyone and everything sat in front of a camera for 40 mins.

"You recently said Ian Evatt should be sacked because..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"But..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Astute is the word to describe Sharon, however i feel its only a temporary project for her, but I've no doubt she'll leave us in good condition 🤞

All this talk of a three year plan certainly suggests that.  She'll definitely leave us in a better position than she found us.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

I couldn’t find anything in the article of a 3 year plan. Anything said on the video? 

"If it is a three-year journey, it is a three-year journey, if it five, it is five. I have said from day one as long as I am enjoying it and my family are not affected in any way, I’d continue, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it."

"I laugh a lot and count my blessings every day and evening. I want people who work with me to have fun and that is why when I came into this I committed to a three-year plan."

Just now, DazBob said:

"If it is a three-year journey, it is a three-year journey, if it five, it is five. I have said from day one as long as I am enjoying it and my family are not affected in any way, I’d continue, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it."

"I laugh a lot and count my blessings every day and evening. I want people who work with me to have fun and that is why when I came into this I committed to a three-year plan."

Cheers.

Ill boo myself first but I see no 3 year plan. Just a lot of sound bites.

31 minutes ago, tomski said:

Cheers.

Ill boo myself first but I see no 3 year plan. Just a lot of sound bites.

Not sure they should be detailing their 3 year or 5 year plan to the masses, fans would only pick holes if things detailed didn’t happen, think you have to have faith in what she says, she’s honest and has integrity so that’ll do for me. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

Not sure they should be detailing their 3 year or 5 year plan to the masses, fans would only pick holes if things detailed didn’t happen, think you have to have faith in what she says, she’s honest and has integrity so that’ll do for me. 

Hope you are right. Nothing would please me more than them nailing it. 

When you start on a project you would have to have a plan, a timeframe in which you want to achieve certain goals and commit to it. The more important part for me from what she has alluded to is that she is enjoying the role even though it has no doubt had it's unforseen challenges, and will continue in the role as long as that remains the case, or somebody comes along with a silly offer in the meantime

• Members
27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Might be a bit naive but if she didn’t detail the plan some of our moron fans would say she’s no plan!

She strikes me as a very honest and upfront woman so this is probably her way. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

She also said in not so many words that the aim is to get Bolton Wanderers as far as possible, if that's Championship or (pause) beyond. . . . .

Either way we will be in a much better position than we were and more of a catch for a new owner. She also said that this job had been her hardest yet and  she wouldn't be doing it again. Which I took to be buying a football club. If and when she does move on part of me hopes it's not to a billionaire arms dealer or  someone who is going to change our club again. I like it as it is, only on the back page, not the front.

Thanks Sharon.

It also cleared up (for me at least) that Nick Mason is still her business partner.

1 minute ago, Francis Fogarty said:

She also said in not so many words that the aim is to get Bolton Wanderers as far as possible, if that's Championship or (pause) beyond. . . . .

Either way we will be in a much better position than we were and more of a catch for a new owner. She also said that this job had been her hardest yet and  she wouldn't be doing it again. Which I took to be buying a football club. If and when she does move on part of me hopes it's not to a billionaire arms dealer or  someone who is going to change our club again. I like it as it is, only on the back page, not the front.

Thanks Sharon.

It also cleared up (for me at least) that Nick Mason is still her business partner.

When she does sell I have faith that she has the contacts to find a good buyer and hopefully one who’s honourable and wealthy, would love an owner in the similar mould to the owners of Leicester that would be fantastic.